PDA

View Full Version : How's your year been?

mulcahy mowing
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Just wondering how you guys are doing this year? better than expected? are you meeting your goals? It's been a great year here:usflag:

dcondon
06-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Going good for us. Sometimes I wounder if it's to good. LOL Hope everyone else is having a big year.payup payup

stuffdeer
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I am very surprised.

My goal for my first year, is 5, I have tripled that!!

I have 17, with 2 being bi-weekly!

I'm proud of myself!!

Lynch Landscaping
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Im doing better than expected and keeping busy most of the week.

kc2006
06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Not quite where I wanted to be but I still managed to net more in may then I grossed all of last year!

Hope everyone has a good year, and hope the drought stays away!!!

deereman
06-19-2006, 11:13 PM
We were doing awesome, getting more accounts than expected, everything running pretty smooth...............then the rain. It just quit falling! And this weeks forecast dont look good either.

6'7 330
06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Very good, maintenance is right on projections, with installs going better then anticipated.

rodfather
06-20-2006, 06:19 AM
ahead of last year by 11% net which is nice

StBalor
06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Was hoping to do alot better this year. But it has been so dry here, i am glad to have what i have.

mole
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Bad, Been broken into 2 times, lost weed whackers hedge trimmers, gas cans. Mowers been down three times already. we have had hot and cold weather so the grass keeps jumping. Can't wait to go on vacation Friday and come back with a better attitude. Might get out of this whole thing, too many people in the business right now in my area. yesterday there were four different people on the same street that i was on we all kind of looked at each other and shook or heads. last year it was me and I another guy that I know on this street know we just laugh. next year that might be 10, who knows.

topsites
06-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Same ole same ole, some things are better than ever and the rest of the stuff is lalala and so-so, just kinda a lean year for me but not as bad as a couple of previous ones. Out of all things, the deposits are way up there, so far ahead of every past year but this could change anyday, it's too early to tell and the drought and pita factors (dropping / losing customers) has me nervous but I got my winter money saved with some on top of that so it should be ok.

Brendan Smith
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
i have fewer customers than last year, but better net. sometimes it does pay to streamline. now to begin the addition process again...

the rain from the tropical depression or whatever it was has helped alot.

jmurphy
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Im doing very well. Made some major mower purchases.(Bush Hog ZTR, Ferris WB)

SWD
06-20-2006, 05:43 PM
My gross is up by approximately 70% this year - despite going through a real crappy divorce!
I should have unloaded the 'ol bag sooner!!!
Adjusted net fluctuates due to increased labor/material/operating costs but it is around 40% higher than this time last year.

stroker51
06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Been doin real well, bought a new trailer, some new handheld stuff, looking at a different/newer plow/maintenance truck. But if it don't start to rain here pretty quick it is gonna get a little tough. Got a lot of installs lined up though so that should help to offset anything lost because of drought.

jsbmaine
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
i've been setting up my business in pa, so it's like starting all over. I've made some major purchases for the farm end of things, so the lawncare hasn't gotten all the updated equipment it should- but I'm hoping for some big hay sales and a good crop year so I can have a better set up for next year.

BSDeality
06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm only a few thousand short of my gross sales from last year at this point in the year and will have it passed by friday of next week. So gross-wise I'm doing great. Net is doing good. however I've been considering dropping out some of my services (mowing, spring/fall cleanups) to do more specialized work only. Quickbooks has been the greatest investment I've made this year in analizing my business.

WJW Lawn
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
This year has been great! Almost scary...it's kinda too good lol

WJW Lawn
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
i have fewer customers than last year, but better net. sometimes it does pay to streamline. now to begin the addition process again...

the rain from the tropical depression or whatever it was has helped alot.

Yea that rain was great!!!

M RASCOE&SONS
06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
payup everything is great for us this year payup

lqmustang
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Gross is up about 33% over last year. Mowing is about the same, most of the increase is from landscape maintenence such as mulch, edging, etc.

mike lane lawn care
06-20-2006, 10:26 PM
wish i had a bunch more clients, oh well, i will have a mot of fall cleanups and aerations to do, but next year i am going all out.

ChadA
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Doing good so far. Just hit 100 today. Finished last year with 45. Can maybe handle 20 more before we get another truck.