PDA

View Full Version : Marking Pavers

PerfiCut L&L
06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Anyone using these (http://www.pavetech.com/pdf/Page%20by%20Page%20Marking%20tools.pdf) particular methods of marking your cut pavers?

If so, whats your take on them? pros & cons?

cedarcroft
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
for a ****** like me, those seem great. I am sure you will get your purists who will say they are a waste of money, but I would use them. Thanks for the link, I am gonna check them out.

DVS Hardscaper
06-20-2006, 10:03 PM
i cant get the page to load for some reason.

We have tried many things.

And in the end...I have found a good 'ol carpenter's pencil (hard) to do the best.

zedosix
06-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Much faster and easier ways to do marking. By the time that guy marks his lines I'm half done my cutting. :hammerhead:

Green-Pro
06-20-2006, 10:16 PM
i cant get the page to load for some reason.

We have tried many things.

And in the end...I have found a good 'ol carpenter's pencil (hard) to do the best.

Ditto.....

GreenMonster
06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Pave Tech makes some neat stuff, most of it is quite pricey.

I couldn't get the page to load either, but I like sharpies, and use the paver restraint to mark overlay cuts, assuming that is what you're talking about here.

T-Trim
06-21-2006, 12:47 AM
I lay then cut. KISS

Dreams To Designs
06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
The Paver Scribe is invaluable, the 45 degree marker makes quick work for herringbone multiple cuts, the Wedgie marker can be done with any carpenters square and the flex marker is a pricey option that can be usually handled by a piece of PVC pipe. Pave tech tools are expensive because they are created by installers like us and manufactured in small quantities for a growing industry. Many of their tools are indispensable.

As for the actual marking, carpenter pencils, soapstone and markers work well, but carpenter pencils are cheap, easily sharpened, can be found almost anywhere and the line can be removed with ease if necessary.

Kirk

PerfiCut L&L
06-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Carpenters pencil, and wax crayon here. Atleast for now. I think I may order one of the above items for the next job see how it goes.

If it doesnt work our I can always sell it here :)