PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Striping???

ericlemson
06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I dont think my first thread went through...

A couple questions:

Can you stripe Bermuda?
Can someone show me a photo of what a striper looks like?
Do they make stripers for the average 21" walk behind mower?

Obviousley I know nothing about striping....yet.

Regards,
Eric

mcwlandscaping
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Ive heard bermuda is hard to stripe, but i only deal with cool season grasses here--- for a pic of a striper, go here http://www.exmark.com/accessories_ride.htm#stripinglink and scroll down to "eXmark turf striper" for a pic---- yes, they make stripers for 21" mowers but they arn't hard to make at all, just use some PVC pipe, fill it with sand, cap the ends, and they use steel rods to attach it to the bottom of the handle bars

mcwlandscaping
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM
just so you know, this thread will probably end up being moved to the Commercial Mowing Forum

ericlemson
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Anyone have a PHOTO of a Bermuda Stiped lawn?

dwc
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone have a PHOTO of a Bermuda Stiped lawn?

Here is a bermuda lawn I striped the other day. The stripes are not as defined as cool season grass but you could for sure see them. Sorry the pic is not the best, its from my phone camera.

mulcahy mowing
07-10-2006, 05:18 PM
looks like walker stripes:) nice work southern grasses are hard.:usflag:

dwc
07-10-2006, 05:56 PM
yup its a walker! It does the nicest job on bermuda. Southern grasses can be really tricky because they scalp so easy.

mulcahy mowing
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
i love walker stripes! well i do have a walker style mower...

VWBOBD
07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
My Jacobsen 522 made awesome bermuda stripes on my lawn . I took the solid roller off cause im not particularly fond of stripes. It really makes nice ones when you cut at 1/2 inch as i do most of the time but you have to have a perfectly flat lawn with no low spots. I will post some pics if i can locate some in my files.