PDA

View Full Version : cub cadet trimmers any good

starboyz66ftp
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
i am looking at cub cadet trimmer model cc3075 25cc 2 stroke, any opinions on this model??? a guy i know is selling 2 of them brand new for 125 a piece... what do u guys think

Brendan Smith
06-20-2006, 02:27 PM
they are terrible, at least the one i had was. problem after problem after problem. when i ran right it was great, but i don't think the pos made it through a whole week running well, if at all. i was so frustrated, i threw it in a creek by my house and felt good about it. let the catfish use it, cause i darn sure won't. buy a redmax, they're bullet-proof.

oh yeah, did i mention that they're a total p.o.s.?

RUUUUUNNNNN FORREST, RUUUUUNNNN

bigjeeping
06-20-2006, 02:35 PM
My best friend bought one and HATES it, he's had so many problems with it that the dealer is trying to get him his money back!

wriken
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
i am looking at cub cadet trimmer model cc3075 25cc 2 stroke, any opinions on this model??? a guy i know is selling 2 of them brand new for 125 a piece... what do u guys think
I believe the model you are talking about is a homeowner class. I have 5 st26 models and they have been good to me.

Brendan Smith
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
incidentally, the one i had, don't remember model #, had "cub cadet commercial" on the shroud.
maybe i can go ask the fish what the model # is :)

Brendan Smith
06-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I believe the model you are talking about is a homeowner class. I have 5 st26 models and they have been good to me.
you must have gotten the only 2 good ones made. you should play the lottery, you'll probably win:usflag:

DAVEY PROS
06-20-2006, 02:52 PM
they are terrible, at least the one i had was. problem after problem after problem. when i ran right it was great, but i don't think the pos made it through a whole week running well, if at all. i was so frustrated, i threw it in a creek by my house and felt good about it. let the catfish use it, cause i darn sure won't. buy a redmax, they're bullet-proof.

oh yeah, did i mention that they're a total p.o.s.?

RUUUUUNNNNN FORREST, RUUUUUNNNN

THANK YOU! we ran cub cadets about three years ago. horrible, horrible, crapy p.o.s's. Went through 4 of them before we decided to switch to redmax. All 4 of them broke within 3-5 months.

Now we have a redmax bcz2600s. AMAZING. it really is bulletproof. Strong engine, great, sturdy build, and probably more power than you will need.

CBramble
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Been using a cub cadet for almost a year now and zero problems!! If available buy the 4 stroke engine. I don't know about you but I hate mixing gas! With the 4 stroke you use the same gas as you use in your mower! :clapping:

OMG
06-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Horrible.

I've had two (both commercial).

1st one last 3 weeks.

2nd one lasted less than a day.

At least I got a full refund on both.

Brendan Smith
06-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Horrible.

I've had two (both commercial).

1st one last 3 weeks.

2nd one lasted less than a day.

At least I got a full refund on both.
you did better than me. i couldn't get the time of day out of my dealer (ex-dealer now). it got to the point where i would fix it myself even though it still had warranty on it. if i listen closely, i can still hear the cub cadet people laughing at me like a ghost from the past for ever buying it ("haaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa, aaaantoherrrrr suuuuuuuuucker" said with a phantasmic accent:cry: :cry: )

Travis Followell
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I've got a CC-3000 thats about 2 years old and its been excellent. It is very powerful and I haven't had a single problem out of it. I gave $199 for it and it was money well spent.

lawnboy dan
06-21-2006, 05:02 PM
i saw these on close out at tractor supply . i was tempted by the low price but decided against it after reading this thread