PDA

View Full Version : Drop the gate formula

WJW Lawn
06-20-2006, 03:18 PM
What formula do you guys use for your drop the gate price?

hmartin
06-20-2006, 08:23 PM
C squared = A squared + b squared. Oh, wait that is the Pythagorean theorom.
Just keep of with ALL your cost, your time, and your income and use some common sense. Someone may have a formula, but they would have been better of cutting some grass than coming up with one.

WJW Lawn
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
C squared = A squared + b squared. Oh, wait that is the Pythagorean theorom.
Just keep of with ALL your cost, your time, and your income and use some common sense. Someone may have a formula, but they would have been better of cutting some grass than coming up with one.
Well i was reading another post and everyone seemed to have this spectacular formula...so I thought Id find out what I was missing. Heck the thread is 7 pages long..lol

Howie's Lawn Care
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Well i was reading another post and everyone seemed to have this spectacular formula...so I thought Id find out what I was missing. Heck the thread is 7 pages long..lol
I thought it was only 3 pages long. What formula did you use? It actually depends on your settings. I think I have 25 replys to a page.

Sandgropher
06-20-2006, 09:33 PM
What formula do you guys use for your drop the gate price?

I try to keep my profit higher than my loss :laugh:

Lots of people on LS dont believe me :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

JJLandscapes
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
only thing i can see working is take every single expense you have for the entire year including payroll and divide by (the number of customers you have times the amount of cuts they get a year)

i know my rates that will put money in my pocket and will never make an attempt to figure out my cost to drop my gate... besides the fact i cant predict how much money i will spend on bags, string, broken equipment , truck repairs....

hmartin
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
That other thread is mainly about one guy saying he is making over 100g's and not everyone believing it.