PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Wheels

Duramax8832
06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I finally decided to spend the money for a stand on sulky..The best money i have spent in years. I do believe it would work a bit better if i had a hydro, but for now the Metro will have to do. Any tips or tricks i should try or watch out for?

04TurfT
06-20-2006, 08:35 PM
where the wheels weld on to the standing platform... those will rip off or at least on my jungle wheels they did about 100 times. Kept having to hammer them back in and get them welded... Maybe the new ones are better but I dunno I'd keep an eye on em. I ain't a bit guy either... 185 lbs

Tharrell
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Keep it greased, daily if you have to. Replace bushings when they start to get sloppy. That's what causes that "wheel stop" to break. I've had mine welded too after tons of abuse. I was told to keep it lubed.
Use good grease like Shell.

captken
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
good for firming up the buttocks while backing up:laugh: ....the thing is articulated and will not pivot out of the way of backing my Hustler hydro walk...it will pivot to where it will lock sideways...then it will tear the turf...so its squeeze the cheeks together:dizzy: , and stiffen yourself while backing her up.

I wish it would hurry up and wear out...so I can have a good excuse to buy a sulky that really works the way I want it too...

btw...mine has a sticker which proclaims it to be... "Y-2K compliant" go figure that one out?.:confused: ..

Tharrell
06-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Jungle Wheels for a hydro walk? Nope, you need a castor sulky that will allow you to back up and take advantage of your hydros.
If I had a hydro walk I wouldn't wait for them to wear out to get the right type of sulky.

SnapperfanRedmaxman
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Jungle Wheels for a hydro walk? Nope, you need a castor sulky that will allow you to back up and take advantage of your hydros.
If I had a hydro walk I wouldn't wait for them to wear out to get the right type of sulky.

What is the prefered brand of castor sulky for a hydro?

MTR
06-21-2006, 01:41 PM

I don't think you have much hours on your sulky riding....:headphones:
FYI, We ride in and back out off trailer with ease standing on Jungle wheels with TTHP. You need practice, pretty much same as backing trailer. NEVER lift or take off sulky once hooked to TTHP.
Caster wheels sucks, it don't do any good on hill and, catching objects when mowing in tight landscape. Sprinkler head, landscaping lights hate casters.
It takes too much space, long, etc.

Tharrell
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I've got plenty of hours on my JW. The thing is, my gear drives won't back very good so I don't even bother. I have had to pull the machines backward and they jack knife and sometimes flip over. If you can back with JW, more power to you but from what I've heard from other hydro wb users, castor type sulkys are preferred.