PDA

View Full Version : My Gear

DoetschOutdoor
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
2002 Zr2 S-10
36" and 48" Ferris Hydros
6x12 Enclosed trailer
Also have a redmax weedeater, ryobi edger, a ryobi backpack blower, redmax hand held blower
Let me know what ya think...

jameson
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, what gives? Your mowers are way to shiney sparkling clean!

Lookin' good!

grass disaster
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
do you get a lot of business with the pressure washing?

is there any money in doing that service?

DoetschOutdoor
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Mowers and truck get washed and wiped down at least once a week. I cant stand letting my truck, bikes, or mowers get nasty. Yes, pressure washing is a good thing to get into if you already have a washer or can get a good deal on one. 99% of people do not own pressure washers and once they see how clean you can make their driveways, decks, siding, etc. they will be calling you out 2x a year. I do about 15-20 pressure washings a year, anywhere between $25-50/hour depending on how bad the surface needs cleaning

jazak
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
How do you like that 36"? I heard it only has one hydro pump. How does it work?

DoetschOutdoor
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Yea, it is a single pump and I loved it until I got the 48" which has the brakes to turn it around. You kinda have to muscle the 36 in turns but after a few uses its really easy to pick up on and I usually just do a 3pt turn around. That was my first "big" mower and I still use it on about a 1/4 of my yards with backyard gates. Cuts real nice and have not had one problem in the 300 hours Ive put on it

all ferris
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
You must be from southern IL? Where are most of your accounts?

jmurphy
06-22-2006, 10:29 PM
I love your Ferris mowers, but I REALLY like that truck with those tires.

Itsgottobegreen
06-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Awww your brought back some memories for me. I used to have a 48" ferris SD hydrowalk. Now belongs to my crew chief for his lawn.

Moretta Lawn Care
06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey that is the way a mower should be... it is a Sunday ritual to clean mowers, trailer, truck, etc. If you treat the equipment right it will trat you right. I have never pulled up to a site with a problem with any of the equipment. *KNOCK ON WOOD*. I had a lady tell me one time that I am the only company she will use because she knows I will treat her property with respect and keep it clean because I keep my own stuff clean.

DoetschOutdoor
06-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Yep, I figure I pay a pretty penny for my equipment so I dont understand how I always see guys hauling stuff around and it looks like they have never even attempted to maintain their stuff. Ive also had customers tell me that they appreciate the clean image and it only takes 5 mins a week to keep the equipment looking good. Yea, Im from Swansea, Il which is just about 10 mins outside of Stl.

BSDeality
06-23-2006, 10:22 PM
nice looking stuff. Is that a 6cyl truck? I would ditch the speed limit sign though, you never know when you're going to have your balls busted by a cop or county employee.

FearThisDeere
06-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Ahhh... keep the sign. It adds flavor to the indide of the trailer. Nobody is going to care. if anyone gives you trouble :laugh: just say you bought it on Ebay!

DoetschOutdoor
06-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Yea, truck is the 4.3 vortec V6 and yes I am ditching the sign eventually. It was fine when the trailer was only used to go to dirtbike races but the cops around here are real d-bags and on the back of the sign their is a sticker that warns how its a felony to have a street sign...

jazak
06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah cops here are the same. My son took some road construction sign that was left by a road company. He was coming home with it and a detective who had nothing better to do then go out and find 15 year old kids taking signs arrested my son and then wanted to take him down and book him but luckily another cop was called and told the detective just to bring my son back to my house. So they sent him before a comitte and made him write a 2 page essat on why what he did was wrong. But since you're older the will just be @zzh@les and probobly give you a big fine. But not all cops are bad just most. :laugh: What I would do is buy one and keep the reciept. Then always keep it out in the open so when they pull over to take you away you just pop out the reciept and thay get all pissed. :laugh:

BTW they tried to tell me the sign was like $250 which was a bunch of BS. They did that because if the item is worth over $200 you get into more trouble.

murray83
06-24-2006, 12:33 PM
no BS,some signs we use cost well over $300 and there the simple adjustable lightweight tripod style,and still in the end theft is theft

rfed32
06-24-2006, 11:30 PM
hows that s10 pull that trailer and did you do anything to it to make it pull easier

jazak
06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
no BS,some signs we use cost well over $300 and there the simple adjustable lightweight tripod style,and still in the end theft is theft

I understand what you're saying but it wasn't the expensive ones. It was wooden and just had the reflective arrow on it. The company left it sitting there for like a month after they left.

DoetschOutdoor
06-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Yea, the sign has a warning sticker on the back describing how its a felony to fool with street signs so Im prolly just going to add it to my garage collection (got about 30 various signs now, 1 more prolly wont piss the parents off too much). Truck pulls the trailer fine, most of my yards are within about a 10 mile radius of my house so Im not going very far. I put a K&N cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, and shackles in the back but it pulled the trailer fine before that. I wish I had a fullsize but I figure I'll drive this one for 2 more years and then when Im finished with school Ill get the Chevy 2500

holyshnikies
01-22-2007, 06:06 AM
Hey man awsome equip and that truck im thinkin about gettin an 01 like it have you had any problems mechanically or pullin the equip, Do you have a body lift on it or is just stock either its bad a$$!

KrayzKajun
01-22-2007, 11:12 AM
nice setup!

HydroCutter
01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
how do you get mowers out of trailer? Pull start inside trailer or disconnect hydro and wheel out manually? If start inside, how difficult is it to pull cord inside the trailer?

Dave

DoetschOutdoor
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Answering a few questions...
The truck has the 4.3 v-6 and pulls the trailer fine. It is the Zr2 model, which comes with the bigger tires, fender flares, alot more ground clearance, etc. than the regular 4x4. Its no fullsize in the pulling or hauling aspect but I will go against the full sizes head to head off road and as soon as Im outa school making the big bucks a new full size is first on my list. As for starting the mowers in the trailer its no big deal. My 36" is electric start and the 48 starts first pull every time with plenty of room in the trailer for pulling it. I need to update my pics since the trailer just got painted black and got new wheels and since Ive got some new equipment lately. The only downside to the trailer is it has the barn doors and no ramp. Ive got loading and unloading down to an art now though and a custom set of permanent ramps are in the making so Im not scrambling for ramps all the time. More pics to come soon

mow & snow
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I like the truck and those rims. Also nice choice for mowers!

corey4671
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
i have a question pressure washing.do you guys use a nurse tank to provide your own water or use the customers tap?

J&R Landscaping
01-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I always thought those 2 mowers looked odd. The gas tank out of place on the 1 and the odd arrangment on the smaller unit. I know Snapper makes the same kinda set-up for a 32" hydro.

The equipment looks nice!

A.D Services
01-23-2007, 12:52 AM
dont dout the s10 pulling power the 4.3 motors are bullet proof. is yours and automatic. i wish mine was but hey, the manual trannies last a little longer. oh man that truck must be nice with 4wd. mine is rwd and it is horrible in the snow even when it has weight in it

DoetschOutdoor
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Yea, the 4wd is nice and combined with the mud terrains I have only been stuck once when I was trying to show I could do some deep mud/water in 2wd. Yes, it is automatic. My first truck I had was a stick so Im done with that stage and hope the only manual I own is a sports car. I pull a 20 foot ranger bass boat all the time and it pulls that fine so Im not the least bit worried about it pulling the enclosed trailer. Idk about the gas tanks being in out of place since all I care about is that they run a long time with those tanks...

A.D Services
01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
looks like a pretty clean truck, just wach those cab corners they tend to rust out very easily.

DoetschOutdoor
01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Responding to the pressure washing, we always hook up to the customer's house. I wouldnt have the first clue as how to haul around as much water as some of my jobs take and dont do enough to justify that.

thesargent
01-24-2007, 12:53 PM
nice gear, are you happy with the 36 inch ferris? and where did you get the checkerboard flooring for the trailer? thanks.

DoetschOutdoor
01-24-2007, 02:20 PM
As far as the 36" goes, I still havent made up my mind about the machine even after having it for 2 years. I like the electric start, the motor, etc. but I do not care for the way that it is only a single drive with no brakes. After you have used the machine for a few times, it becomes really easy to manuever but it is still not as easy as I would like. My 48 is only a single drive but it has the brakes to make it completely zero turn with minimal effort which is how I wish the 36 was. The flooring was purchased at home cheapo, only about 40 bucks or somthing but I dont recommend it if you put anything inside the trailer besides mowers or motorcyles. You can get tougher flooring at any trailer or camper supply store. After having an aerator, stump grinder and a few other tools inside, it began to get torn and started peeling. It was fine for when I only hauled my motorcylces around but I dont think it is suited for the lawncare industry. I went over the floor with the same stuff that we painted my garage floor with and even though its only been on for about 3 months, I think it will suit me better than the tiles.

lawnprosteveo
01-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Nice setup...how have those Ferris mowers worked out for you?

BTLS
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
very nice looking rig. Looks like you could pull open a lawn chair and sip some tea in that trailer on hot days. -Ben

Idealtim
01-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I can't believe no one else has commented on this, but is that a motocross style gas cans in the back of the trailer in the second or third pic?

topsites
01-28-2007, 01:25 AM
On the note of comments no one has made...

If you instructed the sign makers on the spelling, there may be little you can do, but I would at least let the sign maker know that proper grammar is an important part of any sign business.

Cauz it's spelled 'Lawn Maintenance...'

Not to bust on you too much, the name of my business is mis-spelled too :laugh:
(it's supposed to be 'Lawn care,' not Lawncare lol).
And I don't think it makes that much of a difference, just had to point it out thou.

The outfit's nice, for sure.