PDA

View Full Version : slipping snapper

tominredbank
06-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Hello all, Hope someone can help with my problem. I have a rear engine snapper rider. A couple weeks ago it started to slip in drive gears 1 - 3 but 4 + 5 were OK. I took it apart and saw the rubber drive wheel was pretty shot. I replaced it but have the same problem. The snapper owners manual isn`t much help. Can anyone tell me how to perform this adjustment? Or maybe there may be another problem? Thanke in advance. Tom

Restrorob
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
You didn't post the model numbers which would have helped but I will wing it.
On some models the engine disc can be adjusted lower to give a better grip on the rubber disc. On some units you can stand the unit up on the rear bumper and on the left hand side of the yoke (the part the small trans. hooks to that disengages the rubber disc) there is a spring hooked to that end and there are multiple holes for the spring, Move it to the lowest hole and that will give the rubber disc more pressure on the engine disc.

dutch1
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
If you replaced the drive ring and you got everything back together properly, I would lean to the idea that you likely have transmission problems.

dutch

tominredbank
06-21-2006, 05:49 AM
You didn't post the model numbers which would have helped but I will wing it.
On some models the engine disc can be adjusted lower to give a better grip on the rubber disc. On some units you can stand the unit up on the rear bumper and on the left hand side of the yoke (the part the small trans. hooks to that disengages the rubber disc) there is a spring hooked to that end and there are multiple holes for the spring, Move it to the lowest hole and that will give the rubber disc more pressure on the engine disc.
The fellow below seems to think it may be the trans. What do you think the chances are? Thanks,Tom

Restrorob
06-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Always check all adjustments before tearing into the transmissions, I would think if it were a trans. problem it would not move at all. Also check the rubber disc alignment to the engine disc. With the unit standing up put the shifter in first gear, Look at where the rubber disc hits on the engine disc. The left hand edge of the rubber disc should hit the engine disc on the edge of the center hole, If not it can be adjusted by loosening the two screws holding the shift handle plate and sliding it up or down (standing up).

tominredbank
06-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you for the information! I`ll give it a try and let you know. Tom

lawnboy dan
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
also check for ware on the plastic bushings that the lift yoke pivots on. this can cause the disk not to make good contact .

oldgreygox33
06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
If your snapper rider has a servicable battery(one that the caps come off), removed battery before standing mower up on the back bumper.

oldgreygox33
06-24-2006, 05:41 PM
:hammerhead: I think I need to review my posts and correct all my spelling.