PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on New Construction

LakeCountry
05-31-2001, 03:08 PM
After a long weekend of identifying some potential leads in my new Market Area, I realized I have a ton of new construction leads that I would like to aggressively seek as we are starting this business in the middle of the summer. Does anyone have any tips about approaching people that may already have lanscaping contracted in the building contract, but ongoing service is still open?

I would like to get as many of these as possible to start this summer as well as anything I can win away from the competition...

Also, do municipal properties bid differently than residential/commercial? I have bee doing my due dilligence on this site with bidding formulas and so forth but was wondering if the process on their end is different...

Thanks again for all your help!

Lanelle
06-02-2001, 12:15 AM
One way of getting in touch with new property owners is to utilize the local courthouse. Every newly settled deed is recorded and is on public record. There may be a private service available that gives you the name and address of these people, as well as the name of seller (easy to distinguish Builder names) and the amount of the sale.
Expect to pay to subscribe to that service or go to the courthouse and get the info yourself. Speed is key with these leads.

CSRA Landscaping
06-06-2001, 08:51 AM
I've wanted to get in on this type of thing but I never really pursued it. Specifically what do you go in to look at, Lanelle? And then what do you do with the info you get?

Lanelle
06-06-2001, 10:50 PM
You should be able to ask the Clerk of the Recorder of Deeds for help. Maybe ask for the past weeks records to get an idea of how many there are. After you copy the names and addresses into your notebook, make labels on the computer or hand-address your mailer to them. One idea is to welcome them to the neighborhood/town and introduce yourself and services.