PDA

View Full Version : Go with me on this one

Wayne Landscaping
06-21-2006, 01:50 AM
I am now never bagging again. I have figured out that generally, the people that want it bagged are to anal and will likely gripe. And i like to mow for the people that are just to busy or lazy to mow themselves and just want it cut. So what im doing is not bagging at all to sort of filter them out. I know this wont completely get rid of complaints, its just i really hate bagging, and for 2K$, is the time and cost and extra labor worth the income, not 2 mention the dump fees, they all add up and id rather take a smaller pay per lawn and get them done hella sooner.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Im going to have to agree with you. Every bagging cleint I have ever had, none barred are usually older complaining pitas and are my worst paying clients. I have one bagging client left and is also my last bad pita. When she is gone that is it on bagging. Have my exmark in the local paper now with the bagger for sale.

Brendan Smith
06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
bagging is evil

Splicer
06-21-2006, 09:27 AM
bagging is evil
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

topsites
06-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I am now never bagging again.

LOL good for you, I made that choice a couple of times but now it's for good and in my 5th year, I have ZERO bagging customers.

I really wouldn't mind except it takes twice as long to cut, then haul it and I still got to unload / dump it (another 5-10 minutes) so there's 15-20 minutes of my time and everybody always wants to pay 5 more dollars and that's it, some might pay 10 more but a $35 lawn bagged is really worth closer to 50 and that's still borderline.

Are the customers pickier?
You might be on to something there, I couldn't say for sure anymore, it was always the money thing that burned me.

Charles
06-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I have never bagged. All that dust coming out of a bagger and nobody wants to pay much extra and the shoot getting clogged from high/wet grass... Just ain't worth it to me either

mike lane lawn care
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
well, bagging has it's place. for high grass, it works well, providing you use a turbo unit or a tow behind. and for leaves where the area is too lanscaped for big blowers then it rocks.

cessnasovereign
06-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I only bag leaves.. But pretty much all of my customers just want to see the grass cut..