PDA

View Full Version : Did I buy a broken proslide??

Xantar
06-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Got it off Ebay, won't retract all the way, did I get ripped off?

dave79
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Hard to tell from your pic, but it looks like you have the mounting bracket on the mower wrong. The pin is in wrong also, kinda hard to explain without a clearer pic of the mounting bracket with the Proslide off. The bracket looks as if it needs to be flipped around, so the side with one hole is on your left if you are standing behind the mower. Then once you flip this, the pin goes in from the right side and then the hook end of the pin sets in the two holes on the right side. Hope this helps.

dave79
06-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Also the part of the Proslide where the cylinder attaches should be on the bottom, like this................

dave79
06-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Or this..................................................

Xantar
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I turned that bracket around, so that the pin goes into the two right sides, it still doesn't retract, I'm pretty sure that the little shocks are worn out on the thing. ..is that what happens when those die?

dfor
06-21-2006, 08:16 PM
I doubt that it is the shocks. I think that it is the springs that help retract the plate. They broke on me all the time. I got tired of replacing them and just use a bungee cord to hold it up. (dangerous, I know)

dave79
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Now that you turned the bracket around, is the pin going in the bottom and not the top? Also the spring should be aiming down, not up as in your original pics. If so, the shocks may be worn out as Dfor said.

Xantar
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Now that the bracket is turned around, the long part of the pin is in the bottom, with the little hook part through the top. The spring is aiming down just because it's not retracting, that is how the proslide sits when it should be retracted up... I think the shocks are working okay, but on closer inspection one of those metal coils that dfor pointed out is broken...

Xantar
06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Dave 79... I'm looking into one of those Scag SWZU walkbehinds, how easy is it to adjust the deck height? Do like yours?

dave79
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
If you were closer you could buy mine.... :) I like the SWZU and the deck is very easy to adjust height. Four cotter pins hold the deck at height, and you just remove them one at a time and set at the height you want.

maelawncare
06-23-2006, 12:02 AM
OMG happens to me all the time. notice the top shock. it needs to retrack. lift the proslide all the way up. the little thing that connects the top shock needs to rotate down.