PDA

View Full Version : patio estimate, was i to high

outdoors81
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
i gave a guy an price for the patio and he said he had a couple cheaper quotes. i am wondering if i am to high on my cost or they were just way low.
1200 in pavers and another 350 for rock, sand, edging and more. i figured it would take 2.5 day because access instant great. and it is 225 sq ft. so the total was $3050. he said no to the price when he thought it was around 2500. so do i not worry because my price is ok or do i need to refine my estimating skills(which needs to be done anyways). thank you

Mike33
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
i dont do pavers but srws. Looking at what you explained it was one of those you just didnt get. You could install that for me any time for that price. I had another cont. quote me a sidewalk for a job with half the pavers you mentioned for 3000.
Mike

tthomass
06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
one you just didn't get i guess......don't worry, they'll get what they pay for and maybe then they'll call you to fix their mess:weightlifter:

mrusk
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I would of been around 4k, maybe more depending on access.

What really distrubes me is that you are figuring $1200 for 225 sf of pavers. Thats over 5 bucks a sq ft.

Matt

Ron's Lawncare
06-23-2006, 05:44 PM
there is a local guy around here doing stone work way to cheap. but i was watching him do a small wall. he cut out the sod and built the wall up on the loam. no base. one winter up here and that wall is history.

nkour
06-24-2006, 03:45 AM
I read a marketing survey that stated 7 out of 10 people want to make a buying decision on something other than price but in absence of information will fall back on price.
The guy you quoted may have been one of those three out of ten that always buys the cheapest or he could have been in that group of seven but you didn't give him enough info as to why he should spend more with you.

$13.55 a square foot is not a high price considering all the work that goes into creating and installing a hardscape meeting ICPI standards.

Don't second guess your pricing, work on your marketing and selling strategy. IMO

Nick