PDA

View Full Version : Maruyama handheld equip. Anyone using it?

Mowingman
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Is anyone using Maruyama blowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.? I see it advertised a good bit, but have never seen any dealers around here, and never hear it mentioned on this forum.

ProStreetCamaro
06-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Is anyone using Maruyama blowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.? I see it advertised a good bit, but have never seen any dealers around here, and never hear it mentioned on this forum.

We had a trimmer and it lasted a good 2 years of hard use. The thing ran like a champ.

REALSLOW
06-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Their hedge trimmers are the toughest I have ever used period!

mowingmachine
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I have one of the backpack blowers and it has worked very good for me over the past couple years. My dad has one of the trimmers and he said he likes it.

rob7233
06-21-2006, 11:37 PM
The Maruyama unit had the true commercial engine before anyone else along with the extended warranties. The tend to be heavier but great if you have crews that seem tear things up. Maybe not as refined as some of the other brands, but that engine will take some abuse. Had/used some myself. I used to call them "timex" trimmers.... takes a licking and keeps on ticking......:)

ThirdDay
06-21-2006, 11:37 PM
They are very decent machines but Maruyama has absolutely no dealer support and parts availability problems.

AAELI
06-22-2006, 04:52 AM
You have got to be kidding? Maruyama just moved their U.S. headquarters to Denton earlier this year. Find a phone book and dial them up!

As for dealer or parts issues, you should check out their website for local dealers and talk to the dealer to get some kind of idea how they maintain their stock of parts and how long it takes them to turn around a repair.

These are simple machines that do take a lickin' and keep on tickin' as another post stated. The quality of their hedge trimmer blades is second to none. Backpack blowers are great, quiet and fairly light weight in comparison to many of their competitors.

The best thing to do though is check out the dealers in your area. No matter what the brand if the support is poor then find another brand that is well supported. If all else fails, learn to be handy with operator service and most problems never occur.

Tharrell
06-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Moved to Denton, NC? Is that correct?

Mowingman
06-22-2006, 08:08 AM
The info. I have says a 36,500 Sq.Ft. facility in Denton, Tx.

topsites
06-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Marijuana 2-cyclers?

What will they think of next :laugh:

I may have to try one someday thou, I hear say their prices can't be beat. Then again, where do you get parts?

AAELI
06-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Marijuana 2-cyclers?

What will they think of next :laugh:

I may have to try one someday thou, I hear say their prices can't be beat. Then again, where do you get parts?

In the 'field' where there are plenty of the phunny pharm phixers.

Brendan Smith
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
In the 'field' where there are plenty of the phunny pharm phixers.
just look out for the dea choppers and planes when you're leaving the "shopping area"...or would it be the "chopping area" :laugh: :headphones:

lawnboy dan
06-22-2006, 06:54 PM
their web site is useless! it says their are 3 dealears near me- i went to all 3 and guess what -all of them have dropped mauryama! how can a city of over 1million people not have one single mauryama dealer? something is wrong somewhere!. i have hedgetrimmers-extended hedge trimmers -articulated extended hedgetrimmers- weedeater and stick edger -all great trouble free units . i am reluctant to buy any more for fear of parts aval. i agree there blades on the hedge trimmere put the others to shame!