PDA

View Full Version : Narrow 52

robertsturf
06-21-2006, 10:43 PM
I was at my local dealer today buying some blades for my Wright Stander 52". He had a 36" RH on the floor and we started talking about pros and cons about the RH and the regular Standers and he told me something that I just had to check out. He said another LCO had purchased a 52" RH and tried to retro fit the wider tires from a standard Stander and couldn't work things out so he called Wright to complain. They told him in 2007 that the 52" model will only come in the narrow frame setup wether it is RH or not. That means smaller tires, less hill holding capabilities, and a smaller frame. I would like to know if this is B.S. or not. I am seriously considering buying a couple of 52"s sooner than later. We currently have 2 and are pre-bidding on a 60 acre property expansion for an existing client. Any feed-back would be helpful.

ProStreetCamaro
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
I was at my local dealer today buying some blades for my Wright Stander 52". He had a 36" RH on the floor and we started talking about pros and cons about the RH and the regular Standers and he told me something that I just had to check out. He said another LCO had purchased a 52" RH and tried to retro fit the wider tires from a standard Stander and couldn't work things out so he called Wright to complain. They told him in 2007 that the 52" model will only come in the narrow frame setup wether it is RH or not. That means smaller tires, less hill holding capabilities, and a smaller frame. I would like to know if this is B.S. or not. I am seriously considering buying a couple of 52"s sooner than later. We currently have 2 and are pre-bidding on a 60 acre property expansion for an existing client. Any feed-back would be helpful.

How about a godd ZTR or 2? I would MUCH rather sit than stand. But thats just my personaly preference.

robertsturf
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I recieved an e-mail from Wright's service department that they had no intention of narrowing the frames of the 52", or 61" Standers. Pro-Street , we have to use Standers on most of our properties because of slopes, berms and hills. We have tried a ZTR and while I liked sitting better, it didn't hold the hills as well and I almost got thrown off the back of it mowing under a oak tree.