PDA

View Full Version : dont know which ztr to buy!!

boscoe
06-22-2006, 12:04 AM
ive narrowed it down to 2 machines. the hustler mini z or the gravely pm44z. any insight would be very appreciated.

cwlawley
06-22-2006, 03:35 AM
I have a 52" Hustler Mini Z and I love it. I am not, nor have ever been brand loyal to any piece of equipment and I looked, and looked and looked around when purchasing my ZTR. I like the Hustler because of the low center of gravity. I take it on almost every slope I was able to take my Exmark WB on. I like that the Hustler has two cup holders-you laugh, but sit on a mower a couple of hours and then tell me they don't come in handy. I like the Fusion blades, they last a lot longer than the others (check out that thread) and I love the way that it cuts. It is smooth, easy to manuever and overall rides comfortably.

Unfortuntely I wasn't able to look at Gravely. I don't have a dealer near by. Whatever you pick make sure that your dealer is reputable and try to get a relationship going with them.

tacoma200
06-22-2006, 12:16 PM
ive narrowed it down to 2 machines. the hustler mini z or the gravely pm44z. any insight would be very appreciated.

In that case Hustler going by all the reviews I've heard.

MTR
06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
What are the prices? I would get pm 44z, good stripe machine and the cut is very smooth, no straggler stuff like that. I can say this cause I own Gravely.
As for Hustler mini, it is good machine but you have to go with what you can afford.

leading edge lawn service
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I had also narrowed it down to the Gravely or the Hustler. I purchased the Hustler mini Z 23/52. My local Hustler dealer is great and close by. Dealer support is a very important thing to consider as well. All I can suggest is try them both I personally preferred the Hustler.

boscoe
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
i actually went and drove both machines today. still undecided. the gravely seemed to have more bells and whistles, very smooth ride also. no difference in price or dealer location. as far as just the mowers themselves go, keep the advice coming. thanks

robbo521
06-22-2006, 11:20 PM
i have been looking at the same two mowers.i like the Hustler better because of the way it sits.it did have more bells on it than the Gravely,the ones i looked at.Hustler dealer 15min away and Gravely 45 min away but i know the Hustler dealer.so when the funds are there i am going with Hustler,just have to deside between the 44 or 48,i cut a very big grave yard and my 42 does good to get into some spots.i would rather cut fast and trim a little more for the size.