PDA

View Full Version : mower A or mower B

lzrj
06-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Since everyone one has their opinions about each brand, I will not mention the mowers, only the differences in them. Both are pretty much identical. Both are 48" 21 hp. Mower A has a Kawasaki with a two stage filter. Mower B has a Vanguard with no two stage. Mower B also has standard headlights and a striping roller. It's optional on mower A. Mower B is around $200-$250 cheaper than mower A. Based on those comparisons, which mower would you get. Would the engines be the deciding factor or would the additional standard equipment and cheaper price make the decision?

jazak
06-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Kawasakis are much better. So I would go with mower A.

eyes&earsopen
06-22-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm going with the Kawasaki - I don't know if it's group think or not. For the most part it's just my preference.

PLM-1
06-22-2006, 02:10 AM
I dunno ... I am by no means a Briggs man, but their new line of Vanguards don't seem to be all to bad. I personally do not care for Kawasaki engines, I'm more of a diesel or a Kohler fan.

tacoma200
06-22-2006, 02:18 AM
So far A looks better.

Bagit
06-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Since everyone one has their opinions about each brand, I will not mention the mowers, only the differences in them. Both are pretty much identical. Both are 48" 21 hp. Mower A has a Kawasaki with a two stage filter. Mower B has a Vanguard with no two stage. Mower B also has standard headlights and a striping roller. It's optional on mower A. Mower B is around $200-$250 cheaper than mower A. Based on those comparisons, which mower would you get. Would the engines be the deciding factor or would the additional standard equipment and cheaper price make the decision?
Just keep the oil changed and all the required maintenance up to snuff... You should not have problem w/either one. At some point any brand will need a tweaking or fixing.. Nothing is bullet proof forever..

2 clowns mowing
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
"A" would be my pick i have a kawasaki with 21hp on 48" deck plenty strong enough:clapping:

Lynden-Jeff
06-22-2006, 10:49 AM
A. For sure, You have to reveal the brands now!

Cheers
Jeff

lzrj
06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Okay, I was surprised that it was unanimous vote for A. I thought vanguards were suppose to be tough engines as well but how can you go against a 6-0 vote. Mower A is the Ferris 1500. Mower B is the Simplicity Citation. Basically same mower just different engines and equipment put on them. I will go with the ferris then. Thanks for all that replied but anyone reading this post late and want to put their two cents in feel free.

tacoma200
06-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Okay, I was surprised that it was unanimous vote for A. I thought vanguards were suppose to be tough engines as well but how can you go against a 6-0 vote. Mower A is the Ferris 1500. Mower B is the Simplicity Citation. Basically same mower just different engines and equipment put on them. I will go with the ferris then. Thanks for all that replied but anyone reading this post late and want to put their two cents in feel free.

I don't think the Vanguard is a bad engine I just think the Kawasaki has a longer proven track record and most would say it is a better engine. Both would probably give you years of service but the Kaw would have better resale value and it's a proven preformer. You can get the add on's later.

Palmer'sLS
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
i had a decision between the 1500 and the citatio as well...baisically the same mower, except my dealer said that the blade speed was signifigantly lower on the citation since it was a "homeowners" model...i had my mind all set on the 1500, then he starts to tell me about hustler...so i bought the hustler and i am in love:clapping: , that 1500 is a good mower though

lzrj
06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
What hustler did u end up getting? I looked at the mini z today. The deck has a 52" over the 48" but only has the 19 hp kawasaki compared with a 21 hp. It's going to cost an extra $400 for the hustler over the ferris. That may not seem like a lot but to me, who started out looking around the $3000 range and fist and going up to 6, its starting to get too high. I only have so much money.

Palmer'sLS
06-22-2006, 04:14 PM
i understand the money part, yes i have the 19/52 mini z. i absolutly LOVE it. i mean , you are not goin to be flyin through really thick grass at full speed, but you will get the job done in ONE pass, and it will look great. I used mine the first night i got it on my neighbors yard, (not thick but tall) it was probably 5" tall, and i cut at full speed, and left no stringers...but as far as workin on one, doin daily maintanence, it is a breeze, plus, with a little armour-all, it cleans up nicley. if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me