PDA

View Full Version : N.H. anyone?

Brendan Smith
06-22-2006, 09:55 AM
my wife and i are contemplating moving to new hampshire in the next several years and i was wondering how business is there. all of my experience is dealing with southern turf and conditions. when does the mowing season start there? is plowing a regular source of income in the winter or is snowfall erratic? i would love to meet some people from that area who can give me the scoop...:confused:

linemech31
06-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I dont have all the answers but its not too bad up here.
Mowing starts in may and ends in oct. Fall and spring cleanup are busy.
Snowfall is a pain to judge i have a few friends that do it and they do contracts with avg 13 storms per year. I have a fulltime job and cut on my off days. Good luck

Brendan Smith
06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I dont have all the answers but its not too bad up here.
Mowing starts in may and ends in oct. Fall and spring cleanup are busy.
Snowfall is a pain to judge i have a few friends that do it and they do contracts with avg 13 storms per year. I have a fulltime job and cut on my off days. Good luck
thanks for the reply. when we move, i was figuring on getting a full time job for 1-2 years to start my business over and then going full time as lco/plow guy. what kinds of turf are most prevalent in your area?

Ric3077
08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Did you ever move to NH Brendan? If so how is it?

AI Inc
08-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Ric , in my eyes its the best place to live. Economy isnt bad 5.3% unemployment. Lowest crime rate in the country , no helmet laws , no seatbelt laws, no state income tax , no sales tax.ocean , mountains , 4 wheeling , fishing hunting, snowmobiling.
6th highest income in the country.