PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I should've bought a Tank?

buddhaman
06-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Thinking maybe I should have bought a Tank or Hustler. I purchased a new Gravely 148Z and had too much bad luck. Not sure why it only seems to happen to me. Less than 60 hours on it and it's been down 3 different occasions already. First 2 times were shorts in the wires or ground coming loose. Yesterday I was 5 miles out of town and the spring on the deck broke in half. My dealer has always been there to get it fixed right away or give me a loaner, but I can't keep having this happen to me. Now today I was checking things over and noticed a bolt missing from one of the valve covers. Why me? Makes me want to trade it on something else already. Any body else have Gravely's and had these kind of "stupid" problems?

JTF40
06-22-2006, 02:48 PM
If I were in your shoes, spending that much money, I would ask that dealer - that is taking care of all your problems - to REPLACE the machine. If he doesn't like your idea, you need to contact Gravely directly. Be firm, yet reasonable. :usflag:

ProStreetCamaro
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Wow man that is very odd. We have never had any problems out of our gravelys other than the hydro cap breaking off of one due to a defect in the cap. Just hang in there a little bit. Most brand new mowers go through a teething phase. I know people will come in here and say they never had any problem right off the bat from any of there mowers but those people are in the minority. Every mower we have ever bought new has had a problem or two.

Envy Lawn Service
06-23-2006, 01:43 AM
I think both units are nice little machines.
Certainly the top of the heap in what's offered today.

I don't think you made any sort of mistake with your choice. I just think you are having some fluke luck. I know it's stressful, but I feel sure all the kinks will get worked out early on.

tacoma200
06-23-2006, 02:47 AM
I think both units are nice little machines.
Certainly the top of the heap in what's offered today.

I don't think you made any sort of mistake with your choice. I just think you are having some fluke luck. I know it's stressful, but I feel sure all the kinks will get worked out early on.

I agree, probably a fluke. Nothing serious seems to have happened yet although you can get a lemon in any brand.