PDA

View Full Version : How do I bend those stripes?

TheKingNJ
06-22-2006, 06:09 PM
How do I bend those stripes?

To all you guys that are good at bending your stripes, making hearts, bulleyes and other neat designs can you give me a class on stripe bending 101. I have this huge field that is located on a major road, and all the LCO’s that I talk to know I mow it, and I want to make their jaws drop.

Thanks.

mulcahy mowing
06-22-2006, 06:20 PM
it's all in knowing your mower, first in your mind think what you want to do,

personally i like to follow the contours of the landscape such as around beds and trees if i'm bending the # 1 thing is learn that you will make mistakes go out and do it! nothing to really tell you it just comes to you.

no pics yet i haven't got it %100 down yet..

HighGrass
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I do whatever will enhance the home or whatever the lawn is near. If the house is on a hill, I sometimes will make a semi circle (with a couple of waves in it) where the peak oor apex of the line is away from the house. Remember, the farther away from the outside of the circle, the great the length. The opposite is truw closer in so whatever you do, before you do it, look at the lawn and see what it translates into first.

LwnmwrMan22
06-23-2006, 12:32 AM
The really intricate designs that you see, like on major league fields are done with completely different mowers than what we use on an every day basis.

I DO know of a guy on here that does a "stars and stripes" design every year on a yard, but if you were to do that often, it's a lot of time used up.

If you just want to bend, then bend. Just make it up as you go. Eventually you'll find something that looks nice, and alot that doesn't. :rolleyes: