PDA

View Full Version : Echo SRM 2400 bogging when warm

TRX250R
06-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Hello, I have a question about a SRM 2400. When I go to use my 2400, it starts fine and runs fine for my whole job, but when I put the trimmer down for a few minutes, I have trouble getting it started. I have to rechoke, put it like 5-10 times, it starts but when I take the choke off it stalls. I have to play w/ it for a while, it bogs serveral times then runs like nothing was wrong.
My guess its the carb, but why only when its warm, kinda like it floods after its warm. Thanks for any info.

HenryB
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Get a Redmax. Those Echo's will make you crazy. I dealt with them for years they are a PITA.

topsites
06-22-2006, 11:03 PM
This is a crazy problem I have experienced with more than one brand of 2-cycler, both trimmers, backpack blowers and other pieces of equipment have this sensitive 'time out' which, like you said, just a few minutes OFF and it will NOT start! The timing is crucial, I could not tell you how long exactly, but the machine cools off just a little bit, and time of year factors in with it too but again I could not tell you why or how other than I know exactly what you're talking about.

I run into this every so often, best I can recommend is always make sure you finish whatever job with what you're using before you switch it off. The only other thing I know that works is a slight change in routine, but it doesn't always work ... Basically the trick is to somehow affect that time out to where it sits off longer or not long at all, some kind of way you make a change.
Try also, if you put it down in the sun now then try shade, or do it the other way around, opposite of whatever you do now.

Either way, before you know it this problem will magically disappear and a few years later it will come back, it is a funny thing, this problem.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with the machine, but we know that :dizzy: