PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer HP or JD 727A........Help!!!

TrpD345
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I need to buy a mower tomorrow. I have been looking at the 2 for a long time. I am looking at the Lazer HP 23 hp 50" or 56" deck and the JD 727A with the 54" deck, it is also a 23 hp. There are things that I like about both. I really like the console on the Lazer and the fact that you can get a dump from the seat mcs for it. I have heard good things about the deck on the JD too. I will be mowing about 5 residential yards and my yard and my parents yard. Please help with my decision. I am sure it has been discussed and I have searched quite a bit. I will also be using it to mulch mostly and collect leaves in the fall. Also what are the going prices on the 2 mowers? Thanks alot!

bigjeeping
06-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I bought the HP 50" 27Kohler.. talk about power :weightlifter: No problems with the triton deck. The 50" mower is about half a foot shorter than the 56" so it's great for smaller properties, but still gives you the full size capabilities. Quite a price tag though :hammerhead:

TLS
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
The 50" mower is about half a foot shorter than the 56"

I would have to agree with you there. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, go with the best dealer. They're both well built machines.

Did you demo them at all yet?

QualityLawnCare4u
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
A john deere with a mulching kit and gators will turn about anything into dust so you will not need to vacum. I have both a 737 and the exmark with the dump from the seat bagger (the spindles suck on these, just got an email back from exmark and they will not help me any and I dont care if they are a sponsor on here) should not fail at 75 hours. I use my 737 95% of the time and it has better cut in tall grass than the exmark. When I finish with a yard it looks as good as if I had bagged it. Just my .02

deereman
06-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I would prob go with the Deere but thats my .02 However w/ the Deere you can also get a DFS (Dump From Seat) system also to go with the new mower. Check it out! It holds 14 bushels.