PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on this truck.

nautiq544
06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=140000532972&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3APIC
Please check out the truck listed above. I need a truck for my lawn company here in Orlando. I think I want an old Toyota dually. Was the dually a factory option, or is it something people did. Whatís your opinion of the 22RE motor? I probably will weld a ramp on the back of the truck to drive my mowers up on.

Any info on this kind of truck would be appreciated. I am not familiar with old Toyota Pickups. New to Toyota in general.

DodgeTruckMan731
06-23-2006, 11:13 PM
looks like you could push it to jobs, i wouldn't buy it a Toyota mason dump just doesn't seem right. if your looking for a mason dump look at the ford F-350's you can get them used for fairly cheap.

FearThisDeere
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
I think is would be more of a PITA than it is worth. You can't turn a 1/4 ton truck into a 1 ton just because that is what you put in the title. I think if you loaded that truck up even with leaves you would bust the engine. I would stay clear of that one. I doubt you would even make it back from NJ to FL with that one. It is a 1988 and had 14" wheels; enough said. Those wheels would not hold up to anything.

Jason Rose
06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
WOW, that is something else... Yes, those little toyota trucks are hard to kill, but that dosn't make them indestructable! The weight of that dump bed ALONE is overloading the payload capicity of that frame. I do not want to be on the road in front of you when you have a trailer on it and a load, well for starters you wouldn't make it over 30 mph, then the clutch would be burned up, then when you wne to stop the poor little brakes would heat up red and thru the intersection you would slide...

In other words that is a Frankentruck... Someone scabbed it together with parts from a salvage yard and tried to make a real truck out of it. The 22R engines will last a long time, usually way longer than the body and frame, lol.

sildoc
06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
forget it. you couldnt haul a yard of mulch and be safe in traffic. No power from a 4 c engine. to much hassle. save your money and buy a biger truck