PDA

View Full Version : Kubota w/Exmark parts.......

JTF40
06-23-2006, 10:15 PM
I was in my local CO-OP the other day purchasing some Carhartt jeans. It just so happens they are the local Exmark dealer, also. I couldn't resist sitting on a new Lazer Z w/diesel (Kubota engine, of course). Man, was I suprised - that was the most comfortable Z seat I have EVER sat in. So on the way home, my "elderly" mind was drifting. I would love to have that seat on my ZD. Does anyone think that could be a possibility? If it mounts up, cost of the seat would not be a problem. Any thoughts? :usflag:

cet
06-23-2006, 10:31 PM
We just bought a new ZD25 two weeks ago. We have two 2003 ZD28's. The seat on the new machine is much better then our older ones. Maybe a new Kubota seat might be the way to go. Just an idea.

JTF40
06-24-2006, 11:50 AM
We just bought a new ZD25 two weeks ago. We have two 2003 ZD28's. The seat on the new machine is much better then our older ones. Maybe a new Kubota seat might be the way to go. Just an idea.

Now there's a thought. I assumed :nono: they haven't changed the seats since introduction. But, that Exmark seat fits like my recliner @ home........mmmmm:usflag:

JTF40
06-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Any other suggestions? :usflag:

LwnmwrMan22
06-25-2006, 11:05 AM
You'll have to check some things.

I put a suspension seat on an old Toro 5-6 years ago.

All I did was take a piece of plywood, drill the holes for the seat.

Then mount the plywood to the mower, and you'll have your new base to mount the seat to.

However, what I found out is, that you'll have to measure the height of that new seat.

Kubota makes an "air-ride" seat for their larger tractor line (M series). I was thinking about putting that seat on my ZD, but then I'd be sitting so high up, that I wouldn't fit below the controls for the hydro.

Basically, measure how thick your legs are when you're sitting on your seat, you'll need that much clearance.

Then, go to the Exmark dealer and measure how high the seat base is (where you sit on) and figure out if you have enough room to get your legs between the seat base and the controls.

If you do, then you can fab up a somewhat temporary base like I did, or get some steel and weld something up.

As far as the seats, I've got a 2004 and a 2006 and they're the same. However, I know my cushion in the 2004 I've replaced 4 times now, and I only weigh 200 lbs. It keeps going flat.

Ferris' high back, high end seat is nice too, much like the recliner feeling.