PDA

View Full Version : Who is the lowballer, new guy or the big LCO

guven
06-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I got two new clients last April, they were using big LCO and they guit them( because of tearing the grass with big ZTR and etc) they call me, I looked at their yard , I was going to tell him , I want 40 bucks, he said I was paying 28 bucks, I was shocked.I did not belive him at the beginning, and I talked his neighboor, she said that I was paying 25. I got the the job 30 bucks each,I am still thinking it is under estimate, maybe my mistake but I was under last LCO's price. Any way at the begining of my mowing business, I was using home owner equipments, 21 push mower, no blower, I started to get plently jobs and started to think I am cheap therefore people are calling me, when I jumped commercial equipment ( not ZTR )I figure out I was making good money at the beginning, I was not lowballer,
I am solo , I see a lot of LCO complain about lowballers,I think they just want to get all jobs, they do not want anyone their area.I have one big LCO very close to my house , he is everytime slowing down and checking my equipment, I know they watch me ,
thanks

Howie's Lawn Care
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Did you ever sell your Redhawk lawn mower? Also, what brand of handhelld equipment do you use?

guven
06-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Did you ever sell your Redhawk lawn mower? Also, what brand of handhelld equipment do you use?
Sir I could not understand the question which is about Redhawk lawn mower,
I use two sweep driveway with brush, then I bouth sear blower, now I have two redmax8000

Jpocket
06-24-2006, 12:40 AM
This guy can't be that big if he's checking your equipment out. Honestly im not that big but I have way more things to worry about than, what a newbie has on his trailer. JMHO

topsites
06-24-2006, 05:13 AM
I have learned there is a customer for every Lco, and for every Lco there exists a customer.

Some Lco's are lowballers, some are highballers.
Some Lco think this is a big deal, but it is not.

Because some customers want to pay a LOT of money and some do not want to pay a lot of money.

So, the customer who does not want to pay a lot of money hire lowballer.
And customer who wants to pay a LOT of money hires highballer.

Now, there are a LOT more customers who do NOT want to pay a LOT of money, so the lowballer has more customers than the highballer.

So you see it does not matter, it all balances out.
Because the customer who does not want to pay a lot will NOT hire the highballer.
The customer who wants to pay a lot will NOT hire the lowballer.
So it is ok, do not worry about this.
Oh yes but it never hurts to go up in price a little bit, lowballer or highballer, this is always good.

topsites
06-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Some Lco may think this is not true:
Customer who wants to pay a LOT of money does not hire lowballer.

But you see, highballers have thick skin. Yes you need thick skin to quote high price with straight face.
Almost like poker player when you think they are bluffing but you do not know.
Because there is a reason for high prices, customer who hires highballer is not good customer for lowballer.

It is true, the thick skin of highballer protect this Lco from customer bs.

If this customer hires lowballer, the customer will take advantage of lowballer Lco and lowballer is not stupid, so lowballer says PITA and bye-bye. Same reason highballer will not work for lowballer customer, same thing.

So everybody has customers, it is nothing with this price thing, the secret is time - Always do the same thing so then you build your base over years, and this develops your reputation. Then your customers are built on this reputation, also over many years.

Sandgropher
06-24-2006, 06:15 AM
:walking: :walking: I got two new clients last April, they were using big LCO and they guit them( because of tearing the grass with big ZTR and etc) they call me, I looked at their yard , I was going to tell him , I want 40 bucks, he said I was paying 28 bucks, I was shocked.I did not belive him at the beginning, and I talked his neighboor, she said that I was paying 25. I got the the job 30 bucks each,I am still thinking it is under estimate, maybe my mistake but I was under last LCO's price. Any way at the begining of my mowing business, I was using home owner equipments, 21 push mower, no blower, I started to get plently jobs and started to think I am cheap therefore people are calling me, when I jumped commercial equipment ( not ZTR )I figure out I was making good money at the beginning, I was not lowballer,
I am solo , I see a lot of LCO complain about lowballers,I think they just want to get all jobs, they do not want anyone their area.I have one big LCO very close to my house , he is everytime slowing down and checking my equipment, I know they watch me ,
thanks

Guven dont always believe people when they tell you what their were paying this is a trick to get a cheaper price, not sure in this case, but usaully this is price shoppers best trick, it makes you feel guilty and then you want to make up for your guilt but coming down in price, look at Top Sites advice there is good stuff there, you need to have a thick skin and walk away if need be....look at the job and calculate your price if they dont accept:walking: :walking:

Brianslawn
06-24-2006, 06:15 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its a long way to 10,000. better start telling stories about the green dog and hot dog stand. :waving:

Likestomow
06-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Sir I could not understand the question which is about Redhawk lawn mower,
I use two sweep driveway with brush, then I bouth sear blower, now I have two redmax8000

Sounds like you are doing real good now.

I suggest that you consider lowering your price just a tiny bit more and I think you will soon be over-run with new business.

Freddy_Kruger
06-25-2006, 01:23 PM
is justmowit considered a large lowballing co.?

guven
06-25-2006, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Freddy_Kruger]is justmowit considered a large lowballing co.?[/QUOT

In our market , we have no lowballers, we are in price war.You can call me lowballer but my price is equal to everage cost and profits.cutting my price below this level will result in losses,raising my profit margin will also result losing clients.My market is easy to get in and get out, therefore there are perfect competition,someone's price less then yours,this is normal.
I wish my English level will be high and I can write more about on it.
thanks

PROCUT1
06-25-2006, 06:40 PM
is justmowit considered a large lowballing co.?

Yes Exactly

And they are operating the true meaning of lowballing.

Lowballing is knowing what market price is and intentionally lowering your price to obtain additional clients.

That model is successful for them because they have adapted efficiencies to ensure a profitable business.

Most "lowballing" that occurs has nothing to do with "true lowballing" it is LCOs that dont have a clue how to price a job or run a business and happen to come up with a number that is lower than the educated compainies could do it for.

Freddy_Kruger
06-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes Exactly

Lowballing is knowing what market price is and intentionally lowering your price to obtain additional clients.

That model is successful for them because they have adapted efficiencies to ensure a profitable business.

Most "lowballing" that occurs has nothing to do with "true lowballing" it is LCOs that dont have a clue how to price a job or run a business and happen to come up with a number that is lower than the educated compainies could do it for.
Thats good cause I kinda like them, lol.

PROCUT1
06-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes Exactly

To go ahead and quote myself here, Im guilty of many times being what you people think is a "lowballer". More than once did i price a job and when all was done i realized that i had left a lot of money on the table. It had nothing to do with trying to get the job. I didnt intentionally price it cheap. I figured out my costs and added a profit and gave the price. How other companies came up with prices much higher than mine, i dont know. Just one of those things you kick yourself in the head for and stand a little redfaced when you tell another guy what you priced it at.

Brianslawn
06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Freddy_Kruger]is justmowit considered a large lowballing co.?[/QUOT

In our market , we have no lowballers, we are in price war.You can call me lowballer but my price is equal to everage cost and profits.cutting my price below this level will result in losses,raising my profit margin will also result losing clients.My market is easy to get in and get out, therefore there are perfect competition,someone's price less then yours,this is normal.
I wish my English level will be high and I can write more about on it.
thanks

lay off the silver bullets and your english might improve.

ivenholt
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I tell ya , at the beginning of the day I am usually a high baller but at the end of a long hot day...definetly a lowballer....

dcondon
06-25-2006, 09:40 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its a long way to 10,000. better start telling stories about the green dog and hot dog stand. :waving:

LMFAO:laugh: :laugh:

nobagger
06-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Sounds like you are doing real good now.

I suggest that you consider lowering your price just a tiny bit more and I think you will soon be over-run with new business.

Lower his price?:confused: :hammerhead: Don't lower your price, its already 10 bucks cheaper than the previous company. One reason the price is so different is wait until you have some overhead and all the other "bills" that go along with being a bigger company, then say good bye to your 20 dollar mows.