PDA

View Full Version : Echo trimmer burning the crap out of my arm!!

SamTheLawnMan
06-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Does anyone else have this problem. I have an Echo 260T and when I'm trimming and that motor housing touches my arm it burns the living hell out of me. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do?? Like putting something on the housing to prevent this?? Thanks

Jason Rose
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I think all trimmers can do that... Mine does for sure, once you use it long enough I think that part of your arm gets toughened up, lol. I pay little attention to mine, unless I have my arm wrong and it really gets me good, but it only hurts for a second and I know to move my arm a little!

What pizzes me off is when I CAN'T feel the exhaust, like when Its cold out and I'm wearing a sweatshirt or coat. I have almost NO good sweatshirts or jackets anymore because they all either have a black mark from the muffler or are BURNED and MELTED on the right elbow...

jameson
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I feel your pain.

We have a Echo SRM 260 and it burns my elbow. I am the only person who rests my elbow on the head of the unit when line trimming, it does not bother the employees.

I had some options, use the older 2601's, the Redmax split-boom or stop line trimming, I chose the latter.

I guess your option is to get employees...:dizzy:

I did speak to our dealer after purchasing the unit a few years back and he informed me this was a common complaint...I dunno.

Even with this problem (for me) the Echo SRM 260 is the preferred line trimmer on the trailer.

mcwlandscaping
06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
only had this happen once but that was when i was putting down my stihl and i touched the muffler, OUCH, that thing gets hot!!

SamTheLawnMan
06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I think I have a permanent burn mark that will never go away on my arm...LOL

topsites
06-23-2006, 11:43 PM
It takes time but learn not to rest your arm on that part :)

This is one of the reasons I like the Stihl 4-cyclers, even the 2-cyclers they built them so you could do it but with the 4-cyclers it is really cool there, never a problem.

Say, your trimmer before the Echo wasn't a Stihl, was it?

Because mine was, and by the way, if you try and position your arm a little different, suddenly the spark plug zaps you LOL you think the muffler is bad you wait until the spark gets ya!

The ONLY thing you can do is remove all those plastic components. Now IF you touch it after you do that, it will REALLY be hot but having removed the crap gives you some extra space of clearance as well, and remembering that it's REALLY hot now helped me never to touch that part again (not true, I still touched it a few more times before I learned for good).

jameson
06-23-2006, 11:47 PM
It takes time but learn not to rest your arm on that part :)

Topsy

I have been at this game for 10+ yrs (never got burnt by the 2601's or Redmax). If I havent learned by now I never will.

What exactly is "that part" to you anyhow?

FYI- I aint restin' my elbow on the muffler.

MowerMoney
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Take an old pair of socks (toes or heal worn out) and cut the "tops" off. Slip the top over your hand, slide it up your arm to the area that is getting burned. You now have an insulator to protect your arm. And since socks come in pairs, you also have a spare.

Shady Brook
06-24-2006, 07:20 AM
My Echo's heat up terrible...no I should say they did. They are all dead now! I think I am done with Echo for a while as they seem to die quicker then my other units. My Shindaiwa's don't seem to heat up, only the Echo's. I believe they are likely overheating from running without the gaurds on them and running long string. You just have to get used to holding the unit differently, and likely excepting the fact that the trimmer will wear out faster.

weve
06-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Does anyone else have this problem. I have an Echo 260T and when I'm trimming and that motor housing touches my arm it burns the living hell out of me. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do?? Like putting something on the housing to prevent this?? Thanks

I have and Echo PAS 260 which gives me the same arm-burning problem when I use it with the trimmer attachment for extented periods of time.

I talked to Echo representatives at EXPO in Louisville last fall and also contacted Echo through their website this spring. Echo's response was: "we are in the process of developing an arm support shield for this unit". They said that they will send me one at no charge when they become available. I haven't seen it yet.

StBalor
06-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I run echos and always rest my arm on the motor and never get burned. The only time i use to get burned was on a trimmer i had a few years back that the paint wore off the motor.
But i use the the 210.

Frontier-Lawn
06-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Heres what i came up with. take a metal brace from the hinge section of hd/ blowes. wrap it in electrical tape, and on ONE HOLE stick a knife in it to open back up. then wrap the front part with wire loom (car stuff) and then re wrap with tape just the loom part. bolt on your trimmer and no more shocks, or burns.

traman
06-24-2006, 10:35 AM
happens all the time for me to ,if i cut more than one yard in a row .just go to any sporting good store and get a rubber knee support ,yes knee support ,its big enough to slip over your arm and elbow fast.you will never get burned again or shocked

ed2hess
06-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Come on guys you don't need to hold a trimmer like your girl at a dance. The best position is about 12" away. Once you get shocked a couple times on a wet day it will be earier to learn to hold it out. And besides getting burnt you don't want to be snarffing up the fumes. I have run Echo/Stihl/Shin trimmers for 25 years and no burns?? Gotta get some arm strength!!

qwikv6
06-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I just went to Walmart and bought 4" wristbands. They are like $2. Works great.

SamTheLawnMan
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
That's one idea qwikv6....but I guess I was trying to eliminate putting something on my arm...."To dang hot"...LOL
I did like the pictures in an earlier reply, I may have to try something like that.

howardsells2000
06-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I have the Echo PAS 260, I get burned all the time. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem.

jt5019
06-25-2006, 01:40 AM
We have a srm 230 and a 260 echo havnt had any problems with being burned.My 16 year old brother uses it sometimes without any problems.

tinman
06-25-2006, 01:45 AM
My stihl did, my Tanaka does not. But I wore a sweat band and pulled it up to the point that was burning my arm(just below my elbow). worked great.

topsites
06-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Come on guys you don't need to hold a trimmer like your girl at a dance. The best position is about 12" away. Once you get shocked a couple times on a wet day it will be earier to learn to hold it out. And besides getting burnt you don't want to be snarffing up the fumes. I have run Echo/Stihl/Shin trimmers for 25 years and no burns?? Gotta get some arm strength!!

I do like what the guy did with the metal brace, but I agree with you on holding the trimmer correctly so that you don't get burned / shocked and I further agree that once you get burned / shocked a dozen times or better, you eventually learn.
I myself must've got burned / shocked so many times I don't care to remember, but it's all part of the job, and it really is to our advantage to learn to hold the trimmer in such a way that it doesn't hurt.

I mean, I'm surprised y'allses trimmers look so good, mine gets a lot of wear and tear and if anything's going to teach you to hold it correctly, after looking at some of the new trimmers around here, nothing will burn or shock like this bad boy srm-260s will...
If you think touching the muffler would be worse, rest assured the spark is painfully competitive.
Make you say G***D** a few times, then you learn...
http://stonypointlawncare.com/images/Weedeater2.jpg

tallimeca
06-26-2006, 10:43 PM
As a Dealer, i've heard lots of wierd things, but never this.

For the guys that are getting burned, do you run the unit with the guards on or off???

My only thinking is that the air inlet holes around the bottom where the engine draws air in are block with grass/debris.

Or, if you are running the machines without guards, the clutch is slipping badly and transfering the head from the clutch drum, through the bearings, to the front housing.

Either way, they shouldn't be running that hot.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Yep, mine do the same thing. What I did was take any old socks that I have with holes in the toes and cut the end out then roll it up on my arm. Its ugly but works like a charm. Had several folks over the years ask me what I did to my arm, thought it was bandaged:laugh:

lawnwizards
06-27-2006, 06:33 PM
they way i deal with the heat from the trimmers is i take 3 with me and switch when one gets hot and keep doing that so they don't get extremely hot.

qualitylawnmanagement
06-27-2006, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=Jason Rose]Mine does for sure, once you use it long enough I think that part of your arm gets toughened up.QUOTE]

Yupp my echo does the same thing. Wonder why is does it tho?

lqmustang
06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
And here I thought I was the only one with this issue. Generally the trimmer doesn't get exceptionally hot on most lawns, but on a warmer day, or those lawns that require more than the average amount of trim, that thing sure does get hot. I use an SRM230 most of the time, but the 210 is just as bad.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-27-2006, 09:13 PM

For the guys that are getting burned, do you run the unit with the guards on or off???

My only thinking is that the air inlet holes around the bottom where the engine draws air in are block with grass/debris.

Or, if you are running the machines without guards, the clutch is slipping badly and transfering the head from the clutch drum, through the bearings, to the front housing.

Have you tried one on a yard that requires a LOT of weedeating? My older echo is tough as nails but it has done this from day one brand new and I keep it cleaned and serviced? Like I said, I just grab an old sock and roll it up on my right arm and it does not bother me then.

weve
06-27-2006, 10:17 PM
If you look at the design of the top guard on the Echo 2100/210 and the design of the top guard on the 230 or 260 models there is a difference. The top guard is made of plastic and is mounted on the top of the power unit but also covers a bit of the front on the 2100/210 which is the area that gets hot. This design keeps my arm from getting burned when coming in conctact with the front of the power unit toward the top. The design of the 230 and 260 is different. The top guard is only on the top of the unit and does not guard ones arm from the hot metal surface at the front top of the power unit.

Echo has Emailed me stating that they are working on a fix for this.

fga
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
hey,
i didn't really read the whole thread, but i have this happen alot. I went in the W.E. Chapps link on this site, and saw they sell arm chaps that cover your fore arms, or higher depending on how high you pull them up.

funny, if you ever get there catalog, they use me as a quote on that page saying "... no more arm burns for me!" or something similar. I have like 2 copies:waving:

http://www.wechapps.com/home/home/Leg_Arm_Chapps/Arm_and_Hand/arm_and_hand.html

WildWest
06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
You can buy what's called a "hot sleeve", it looks like a sock, but it's for your arm. You can cut it to size and slip it over your elbow and you will burn no more. I THINK you can get them at Home Depot.

topsites
06-27-2006, 10:47 PM

No the part about the heat is true, those Echos get mighty HOT, the only thing that runs cool are 4-cyclers.

Likely the reason you never hear about this is most of us realize it's our own fault and we're not in the mood to stand around looking the fool in front of our dealer lol. But ask some of your long-term echo users about it, see what they say, maybe not all of them say too much but you should get a few out of the bunch to at least say 'oh yeah, that...'

The muffler I can deal with, don't touch the muffler, got it? Yeah, ok, you know...
But they really should do something about that electric spark, the Stihl doesn't do it and it's enough to affect your pulse, I promise.

Jason Rose
06-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Man, every time I get a hot arm I think of this thread... lol

Today it was calm and pretty warm out (88 or so). The lack of a breeze really will get your arm burned faster on the muffler...

I also just noticed today that my Husquvarna still had the little spark arestor screen on the muffler. Those of course clog rapidly and then the engine can't breathe properly and lacks power and runs hotter. So I grabbed the nededle nose pliers and yanked it out. I guess my theory on the power bit may be just that... I didn't notice much marakble improvements there, what I DID notice was my arm being on fire! Somehow, removing that screen made it actually run HOTTER. I was getting burned all afternoon! I replaced it tonight after tapping it clean again. I will have to note tomorrow if I have that burning feeling at all or not...

Remsen1
06-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm getting ready to buy a 260. I was wondering if you guys use left hand on throttle or right? I use my left and don't think this would be a problem for me, or would it? Or would I be trading your problem for another?

tsanteto
06-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I use a hot pad held in place by duct tape to the shaft where it meets the engine. I don't want to wear a sleeve when it is 90+ outside. I also burnt my are last year.

DSIM
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Just bought a new Echo 261T to replace the SRM 230 and I dont like it. It burns my arm just like the others on here have said and thats because of the c. converter that has to get really hot in order to work.

I am thinking about switching to Redmax. The 261T is said to have so much torque and power but I dont like the lower gearing. Its like trimming in 1st gear.

It actually sounds like my srm 230 did when I left the choke on and tried to throttle it.

Now my problem is finding someone willing to buy this barely used great new Echo 261T. Any takers?

Frontier-Lawn
07-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Just bought a new Echo 261T to replace the SRM 230 and I dont like it. It burns my arm just like the others on here have said and thats because of the c. converter that has to get really hot in order to work.

I am thinking about switching to Redmax. The 261T is said to have so much torque and power but I dont like the lower gearing. Its like trimming in 1st gear.

It actually sounds like my srm 230 did when I left the choke on and tried to throttle it.

Now my problem is finding someone willing to buy this barely used great new Echo 261T. Any takers?

pm me what u want for it?

ThirdDay
07-12-2006, 06:13 PM

Dude,

There is something wrong with your SRM-261T. They run like a raped ape! Have the dealer look at it to make sure that it is running correctly.

BTW....good news. I had the same "burning" problem with my SRM-261T's. Echo is working on a fix for it and should have something soon. My dealer said that they will cover the fix under warranty.

DSIM
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Dude,

There is something wrong with your SRM-261T. They run like a raped ape! Have the dealer look at it to make sure that it is running correctly.

BTW....good news. I had the same "burning" problem with my SRM-261T's. Echo is working on a fix for it and should have something soon. My dealer said that they will cover the fix under warranty.

I just called Echo and complained about the heat issue and they want to send me a cover that they have produced to solve the burning problem.

As far as speed on this trimmer, it will wind up the rpm's with the throttle maxed out but I'm used to running half throttle on the 230 and that was plenty unless I was clearing overgrown weeds. I guess I just need to squeeze the trigger a little bit harder with my arthritic finger.:rolleyes:

Lawnmedics
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I have had the same problem with Echo's in the past. Great trimmer but after a while it would heat up and burn me. I now have permanent scars from like I was playing chicken with a cig. My buddy took a heat resistant glove and taped it to the trimmer motor and it works great. I now use Kawasaki trimmers and Echo for the rest of my stuff. The Kawasaki's don't have this problem. No more little blisters on my arm is good stuff.

Howard Roark
07-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Same deal here, the t261 runs nice and strong but gets very hot

Looks like I need to call Echo for that plate.

DSIM
07-14-2006, 06:54 AM
One thing the Echo Rep kept asking me was, if I was running the trimmer w/o the guard. I told him no several times. He would say that the longer string could contribute to the motor heating up.

He then said that running at half throttle would make the clutch slip, therefore making it heat up.

I never had a burning problem before no matter how I ran them.

I wonder why these things would only happen to this model and not previous models or different trimmers?

Maybe the bigger gear box? Who knows, but its not worth a scalded elbow.

Shady Brook
07-14-2006, 07:23 AM
It is not just the 261T that burns, the 260's will burn as well. I would not be suprised if the bigger gear box/ slower speed machine generates more heat. I really can't imagine a machine generating that much perceived heat is going to have a very long life.

Frontier-Lawn
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
well the front of my 230's get realy hot after 10min of running also.

Hovey's Lawn Care
07-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes my echo does it too. hasn't really burned me bad, but that housing gets warm.

Howard Roark
08-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Just an update...

Talked to my dealer regarding this issue, and he mentioned that he would have the kits to remedy this (at least the t261's) problem in about 2 weeks. He said that all the new 261's coming out have insulation built into the case that prevent heat build up, and the kit should prevent this on the previous models. The kits will be free of charge.

Oddly enough though, the last time I was in there he had at least 1 1/2 dozen of these trimmers hanging on the wall. This time the wall was completely empty. When I asked him if they pulled them due to a recall or the problem, he quickly replied that he had "sold out of them".

Anyway, just heresay and I'll believe it when I see it, but keep hounding him about it until I do see it.

1grnlwn
08-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I have never been burned, but I have gotten the spark plug wake up a few times. I hold mine in a way that the outside of my elbow touches the air cleaner. This gives me extra side to side stability. Only when I get lazy do I get shocked. Who we really need to thank is our friends in California (CARB) these weenies have basically screwed up every engine I own. They have got these two cycles running hot as hadies to help with emissions. These fixed jet carbs are a joke, one fleck of crud and you have to run with the choke half on. Now tell me that is good on the enviroment. These chumps need to live in the real world.

Ngog_Nrythrng
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Howard Roark,
Are you in Austin? Was this McCoy's by any chance?

Howard Roark
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Howard Roark,
Are you in Austin? Was this McCoy's by any chance?

Yes, and Yes it was.

Do tell me what you know of it if you would please...

walker/redmax
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Buy a redmax! Or if you want to keep your Echo just put a couple layers of duct tape on there.

siyaltrduc
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I cut with a kawasaki weedeater and I can actually put my arm on the motor without burning it all day. It has a piece that came with it that is almost like an armrest on the motor. It also acts as good leverage to keep fatigue down.

Proscapez LLC
08-04-2006, 02:44 AM
Last year I was getting shocked by my poulan pro, I fixed it for most of the year by wraping the boot with electrical tape.
My Echo Srm 210 does get very hot
My New Dolmar MS-260C gets warm but doesnt burn or shock. yet! The engine stays to far behind me when using the strap.

soccer911
08-04-2006, 09:27 AM

I have the same burn mark. I ordered long sleeve shirts that helped big time. Sometimes I use a sweat band.

topsites
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM

LOL no what you do is don't put your arm there :laugh:

I have the srm-260s which is probably the same machine, I was used to resting my elbow on the housing which some machines allow but it is a bad idea... With the echo, on one side is the muffler, on the other is the spark plug, so burn if you do it one way, shock if you do it the other, so don't do it. Takes a while to get used to it, but every spike of pain is a great reminder.

Now if you really want to do it right, you remove all those stupid plastic covers so then when you touch it I guarantee you will never forget to not touch it again :laugh:

DSIM
08-04-2006, 03:28 PM
There is no way to keep your forearm from touching the top of the engine cover. I have a red area about the size of a quarter on my arm from the 261T burning it.

I never had a problem with my srm 230. I wish I would have bought a Redmax.

Its been two weeks since the Echo Rep told me that he would send me a new designed cover to prohibit this problem. Still waiting.

Any Echo Rep's monitoring this website?

Ngog_Nrythrng
08-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, and Yes it was.

Do tell me what you know of it if you would please...

Sorry, but I don't know anything more than what you posted. I got mine there and am waiting for the 'free' kits. I have not checked in a month or so, but like the store, especially the spring bash/sale.

They say it was one of thier employees who came up with the design for increased torque on the 261T models.

ed2hess
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
They say it was one of their employees who came up with the design for increased torque on the 261T models.
It was the technical rep at Georgetown that came up with increased torque idea. He took a gear box off the edger attachment and put it on a trimmer. We tested one for him about 4 years ago. He was concerned that the rpm would be too low, but no way that unit was a screamer. He also put an adjustable carb on the unit so we could tune it to keep the rpm up at all temperatures. That unit was used when he gave it to me and it is still being used. We got to test it because we kept complaining about them not being able to pull a 22 inch line...with guard off.

Howard Roark
08-04-2006, 10:25 PM
It was the technical rep at Georgetown that came up with increased torque idea. He took a gear box off the edger attachment and put it on a trimmer. We tested one for him about 4 years ago. He was concerned that the rpm would be too low, but no way that unit was a screamer. He also put an adjustable carb on the unit so we could tune it to keep the rpm up at all temperatures. That unit was used when he gave it to me and it is still being used. We got to test it because we kept complaining about them not being able to pull a 22 inch line...with guard off.

Ed,

Does Mccoy's have a Georgetown location? Or was it a rep at the distributor across from the airport?

Nevertheless, I love the trimmer. It has as much as my Shindaiwa t261 but is much lighter. Only problem is that damn heat!

Lynden-Jeff
08-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Exactly why I like the SRM-210's. There cheap, there light, they have enough power for trimming on most yards (not brush or anything) and the housing doesn't get too hot.

seasonallandscape
08-04-2006, 10:47 PM
i have 2 srm 260 that i just bought and my worker had said this week that it was burning his arm and i noticed it when i bought them. they burn but them weed wackers kick ass. i am use to it now but my worker has a burn on his arm

lawnprosteveo
08-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I think all trimmers can do that... Mine does for sure, once you use it long enough I think that part of your arm gets toughened up, lol. I pay little attention to mine, unless I have my arm wrong and it really gets me good, but it only hurts for a second and I know to move my arm a little!

What pizzes me off is when I CAN'T feel the exhaust, like when Its cold out and I'm wearing a sweatshirt or coat. I have almost NO good sweatshirts or jackets anymore because they all either have a black mark from the muffler or are BURNED and MELTED on the right elbow...I have Echo stuff and Shindaiwa stuff...the Shindaiwas never do that.

J&R Landscaping
08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I have had it happen before. I was using an echo srm-2100 that was 3 years old. My srm-210 which is only 1 year old does not do it though no matter how long I run it.

siyaltrduc
08-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I have a KBL23a that is the best thing I have used yet. It doesn't burn you no matter how long I use it and doesn't shock me at all. It is 9.3 pounds and cuts with a balance that you wouldn't believe. It has all the power I need and hasn't given me a bit of problems for three years of constant cutting.

mag360
08-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I cut with a kawasaki weedeater and I can actually put my arm on the motor without burning it all day. It has a piece that came with it that is almost like an armrest on the motor. It also acts as good leverage to keep fatigue down.

Husqvarna 326 trimmer has a shield like you describe and also has a shield over the plug. Very comfortable. (I actually think kawi makes their trimmers)

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I didn't read ALL the posts, but we cured this dilemna by issuing sweat bands (like in the NBA) to all the guys with trimmers. No complaints since.

DSIM
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I didn't read ALL the posts, but we cured this dilemna by issuing sweat bands (like in the NBA) to all the guys with trimmers. No complaints since.

I would rather not have to come up with my own type of device to prevent an occurance happening because of a manufacturing defect.

It would be kind of like a defect in Ford trucks that make them catch fire and insted of the customer complaining to the dealership about the problem, they just wrap some ductape around the affected location to solve the problem.

I think Echo should recall these units or like they said they are going to, make a covering for them.

Howard Roark
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
I would rather not have to come up with my own type of device to prevent an occurance happening because of a manufacturing defect.

It would be kind of like a defect in Ford trucks that make them catch fire and insted of the customer complaining to the dealership about the problem, they just wrap some ductape around the affected location to solve the problem.

I think Echo should recall these units or like they said they are going to, make a covering for them.

Like I mentioned above, per my dealer Echo is fully aware of the problem, and plans on having a kit to fix it, within 2 weeks. So sweat bands and fire-proof longs sleeve shirts hopefully won't be needed.

DSIM
08-07-2006, 07:06 AM
It seems 2 weeks is their magic number. I was told that when I called Echo headquarters. Its been at least 3 or 4 weeks now. I bet if you call them today, they would tell you they could send you something in two weeks.:rolleyes:

They have my address and I'll let everyone know when I receive mine in the mail.

weve
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
It seems 2 weeks is their magic number. I was told that when I called Echo headquarters. Its been at least 3 or 4 weeks now. I bet if you call them today, they would tell you they could send you something in two weeks.:rolleyes:

They have my address and I'll let everyone know when I receive mine in the mail.

I received the "arm rest kit" for my Echo PAS-260 today! I talked to them about it last October at Louisville EXPO and emailed Echo in March. Echo responded to my email and then called me by phone last week to tell me that it was being shipped that day.

The kit includes the guard, a couple of screws, and instructions for installation.
No more burnt arm!

Shady Brook
09-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Could you post the contact information so that others can harass Echo? I would appreciate it. My 261 T ran like garbage after the first week. Multiple tweekings and it made no difference. A new Carb did the trick, wonder how long it will last. You got to love emmisions!

ducky1
09-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I didn't take the time to read all of the post but I use a wrist guard that people use to protect their wrist while shooting a bow to keep the string from hitting your wrist and turn it around and wear it where you get burnt, works for me,

weve
09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Could you post the contact information so that others can harass Echo? I would appreciate it. My 261 T ran like garbage after the first week. Multiple tweekings and it made no difference. A new Carb did the trick, wonder how long it will last. You got to love emmisions!

Just go to Echo's website ( http://www.echo-usa.com/ ), Click on "Contact Us" at the top, and go the the consumer support paragraph.

DSIM
09-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I received the "arm rest kit" for my Echo PAS-260 today! I talked to them about it last October at Louisville EXPO and emailed Echo in March. Echo responded to my email and then called me by phone last week to tell me that it was being shipped that day.

The kit includes the guard, a couple of screws, and instructions for installation.
No more burnt arm!

I got mine in today also. Looks like a good fix.

Tharrell
09-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Maybe Stihl will take a lesson and make one for this crappy FS85r I have that burned me. btw, got any pics of that?