PDA

View Full Version : Church Camp Needs New Mower

imskofrvs
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Camp Patmos, a Christian Church Camp for youth and Adults, is located on Kelleys Island, Ohio (Lake Erie) and is in need of a new riding lawn mower. Currently the camp is utilizing 1- John Deere 54" Zero Turn Rider (sorry I am not aware of the model) to maintain the campgrounds (approximately 25 acres). Though the Deere runs and cuts great, the camp desperately needs a second mower to help speed the cut time and lessen the load on the poor Deere.
I have been asked by my cousin to research the best options for the camp and relay the information to the camp director. The camp would like another zero-turn rider with a minimum 60" cut...but I am open for other suggestions. The maintenance staff is very pleased with the John Deere; however being a non-profit Cristian Church Camp we have a limited budget to work with and need a quality unit.
Any advice, recommendations, direction, or donations (tax deductible for full retail value) would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for you time
Brad
Camp Patmos - Christian Church Camp located on Kelleys Island, Ohio (Lake Erie). www.camppatmos.com

MMLawn
06-24-2006, 12:29 AM
John Deere has special reduced pricing for registered Non-Profits

lawnmaniac883
06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
What is your church's budget? We can recommend a mower to fit your needs and budget if we know what it is.

rodneyskip
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
That much acreage- Go with at least a 72" deck. John Deere offers a GREAT deal to non-profits (as MM said).

harryhomeowner
06-28-2006, 03:14 PM
You might have more success with the big boys:

www.brickmangroup.com

www.valleycrest.com

http://www.trugreenlandcare.com/

imskofrvs
06-30-2006, 02:46 AM
I wish I knew the budget...I am just a pawn in the information gathering stage with just enough information to know that this is the best source of information available to me. The camp had a large tractor with a large mowing deck (very old, cut very poor). The tractor took a dump on the maintenance staff and the director believes that a new tractor (or Zero Turn Rider) is the best option. I want to know all of the options to present to them (new Tractor - Cost/benefit & Zero Turn Rider - cost/benefit). I know that the camp was approached by a local dealer about "working out a deal" however after review the camp found the deal to be too expensive...again I do not know financial aspects.

I want to know what brands and models are available and which would serve our needs the best - I will then research cost and if reduction of price is available.
Is there are clear-cut best option for the camp with 25 acres?
Again thanks for your advice...it is appreciated.

lawnmaniac883
06-30-2006, 10:57 PM
How long do they want to spend mowing? A few options that will last for a LONG time here:

A) John Deere 997; Diesel; 72'' deck. Those are pricey at close to 15k but will get the job done very quickly and efficiently.

B) John Deere 4000 series utility tractor equipped with a bush hog type rotary cutting deck such as this http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/GC/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=2723M&prodNmbr=684DLV&tM=GC

You can see all the models of equipment available at www.deere.com . There are other manufacturers to consider as well but deere will probably be the easiest route to go. I hope their budget is high enough...ya'll are lookin at anywhere from 15-25k for a mower to cut this place.

rodneyskip
07-01-2006, 08:51 PM
How long do they want to spend mowing? A few options that will last for a LONG time here:

A) John Deere 997; Diesel; 72'' deck. Those are pricey at close to 15k but will get the job done very quickly and efficiently.

B) John Deere 4000 series utility tractor equipped with a bush hog type rotary cutting deck such as this http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/GC/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=2723M&prodNmbr=684DLV&tM=GC

You can see all the models of equipment available at www.deere.com . There are other manufacturers to consider as well but deere will probably be the easiest route to go. I hope their budget is high enough...ya'll are lookin at anywhere from 15-25k for a mower to cut this place.

Those are Suggested retail prices, again, Deere gives a substantial discount to non-profits. That would make it a lot less than retail.

lawnmaniac883
07-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Actually, those are approximate prices...didnt think to look at the pricing guide thing on their website but deere does give breaks to non profit organizations...