PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the enclosed trailer

nobagger
06-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I finally got an enclosed trailer, its a 8.5x16 US Cargo. This thing is huge! 36" side door, and the extended height roof, and heavy duty rear door. Its white and I am lettering it in the next few weeks. I got a really good deal, just over$4500.00 brand new:clapping: This guy is priced really reasonable, Prozan's Trailer Sales, in Erie Pa. Every one else was well over 5k for this sized trailer.
MY 6.5x12 is for sale if any one is interested. Its an open trailer with a full sized locking storage box on the front of the trailer. Asking $1000.00 or best offer.

MysticLandscape
06-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Now its time for a new truck, that big trailer will put a strain on your truck if its a 94. I am sure it will be good for the rest of the season but you will want a bigger truck.

Green Grass
06-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Make sure you get some pics on here when you get it all set up

lawnmaniac883
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
This.Thread.Is.Useless.Without.Pictures!

RedWingsDet
06-25-2006, 03:42 AM
Sounds alot like my trailer, but 8.5x20. Paid the same price though ;) lol.... Post some pic's

PerfiCut L&L
06-25-2006, 07:30 AM
congrats mate, we just picked up our first enclosed trailer as well last week. Upgraded from a 16' open to a 8.5'x20' . Very Huge. I only wanted to go 18' but It was hard finding something on short notice in black, so my options were limited. Im glad I did now, because I have plenty of room. Still working on building storage shelves and getting things mounted but its sweet.

Enjoy.

tthomass
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
PerfiCut L&L and RedWingsDetroit.......where did you get your trailer?

PerfiCut L&L
06-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Ended up getting mine from Jiffy Hitch in Millersville, Md. They had on on the lot that someone apparently ordered but backed out of for whatever reason. Fluke on my part, because I just called them a few days prior and they had nothing in stock. Saw it when I drove by, stopped in, told the guy I'd buy it but he said someone ordered it and he will be in that day to get it. Told if he changes his mind to call me. First thing the next day he called me, so I went down to get it.

I called a number of places in MD, PA, and DE, not much out there in this size and color on the lots. Orders take anywhere from 3 weeks to 10 weeks. I even considered buying via ebay from a dealership in Ill. paying the 500 in shipping since that would have still been a couple bucks cheaper than buying from any of the local places. Only problem was I wanted to see it first hand first.

Bought my 61" ZT via ebay from Georgia, paid 300 shipping and still saved almost $1k on the total price. Great buy, came assembled, with .2 hours, and was bery happy.

RedWingsDet
06-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I bought mine in Monroe Michigan, it was called Antique Trailers or USA auto trailers, same thing....

I think I paid around 4600 or so

MMLawn
06-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Bought my 61" ZT via ebay from Georgia, paid 300 shipping and still saved almost $1k on the total price. Great buy, came assembled, with .2 hours, and was bery happy.

Yeah, but just wait until you have to get warranty work done and didn't buy from a local dealer just to save a little money, but yet you will want the local dealer to fix it. Hope you have a back-up mower/plan.....

PerfiCut L&L
06-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but just wait until you have to get warranty work done and didn't buy from a local dealer just to save a little money, but yet you will want the local dealer to fix it. Hope you have a back-up mower/plan.....

Yea, that was my concern in the beginning as well, but I have a local maintenance shop that will cover the warranty if and when its needed. On those items not covered I feel comfortable with this place since they've always done me right. In / out quickly, and reliable service, so I think I felt fine buying this via the internet.

elamey
06-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Just got rid of my dual axle closed trailer for a single axle open.
Sorry to be the party pooper in the thread but there is no keeping the DOT and cops happy here. I just gave up on a having a big rig and went to under 10k GVWR. Opressive government regulations 1 me 0

ALarsh
06-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't know man... You could have gotten one built for a lot cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-7-X-16-CARGO-UTILITY-ATV-TRAILER-7x16_W0QQitemZ330001069871QQihZ014QQcategoryZ80770QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem