PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...another lowball scenario

Liquidfast
06-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I have seen 5 different LCOs on a block that I currently have 2 customers on. I "could" get their business by charging $25 per cut (they are charging 30-35). I am not bragging but we do a better job than most of the LCOs we see or, atleast as good. I would have to stop my truck ONE TIME to cut 11 houses plus the 2 that I do. I would make $325 for the 4 hours of work it would take me to do it....especially with the 36 inch wright stander. None of these homes have a backyard and I could literally make ONE PASS at 3 homes...anyway....I am NOT hurting for business but I feel $325 is not a bad shake.

I don't feel bad for asking this question because I can justify the lowering of price due to not having to travel. The third guy that is hired for this day gets his 4 hour minimum pay ($50) and the rest as they say, is history.

roger miller
06-24-2006, 09:25 PM
all of my accounts each day are together like that. one day i go to one area and cut all day and move the truck a quarter mile. the next day i go to a different area and do the same. it is a really good situation because i spend no time in my truck any more than if i went to a regular job every day. keeps my overhead down and my time efficient. i see guys driving all over for 1 here and 1 there. i can do a lot more jobs in a day in a lot less time and make a lot more money than them. i know i am fortunate. do the same.