PDA

View Full Version : What mower should i Get?

jjscott32
06-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Im looking for a commercial quality zero turn for my one acre yard and to cut a friends 13 development. Any recomendations on brands? Exmark? Scag? Hustler? John Deere? Dealers just seem to want to sell me whatever makes them more money.

dcondon
06-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Don't forget to check out the cub TANKS!!!!:cool2: :cool2:

jjscott32
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Cub Cadet Tanks?

mcwlandscaping
06-24-2006, 11:02 PM
yes, that is what they are called..........i like eXmark products though

ProStreetCamaro
06-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Cub Cadet Tanks?

Yes and dollar for dollar there isnt another mower made that can stack up to it. The quality and cut is top notch. Check them out for yourself and see what you think before you write them off.

MMLawn
06-24-2006, 11:04 PM
SEARCH is your friend on here. This very question gets ask 10-20 times a week, so there are hours of reading on the subject if you just look for it.

PLUS, remember the question you ask can REALLY only be answered by ones personal preference. It just like asking, which is the best truck, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

Basically all the true commercial ZTR's have good and bad points, so Buy what YOU like and fits YOUR needs.

jimmbo407
06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes Cub Cadet Tanks. I have never used one, however everyone I have talked to that use them seem to like them. Also if you have a Lesco's in your area try the Lesco's brand. They are the same as Cub Cadet Tanks only green. IMO the best one depends alot on dealer support in your area. I own a Great Dane, there are a few people that do not like them. However I have a very good Great Dane dealer. I also like the Exmark and the Ferris ZTR's. Good luck in your search.

One more thing, always demo the unit before buying. If the dealer doesn't let you demo the unit walk away.:drinkup:

ProStreetCamaro
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
These guys are right. Buy from the dealer that will serve you best. All the commercial products on the market today are all pretty good. The dealer is what makes or breaks them.

nograss
06-24-2006, 11:48 PM
check finance program on Toro
Toro dollar for dollar one of the best. Not as good as Turf
Tiger but $1800.00 less and a great cut and great financing.

Lynden-Jeff
06-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Bobcat. Good prices, good features and you wont be paying for anything you don't need. I would look at a ZT-219 or even a fastcat.

Cheers
Jeff

puppypaws
06-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Im looking for a commercial quality zero turn for my one acre yard and to cut a friends 13 development. Any recomendations on brands? Exmark? Scag? Hustler? John Deere? Dealers just seem to want to sell me whatever makes them more money.They are all good mowers you just have to try them and go with the dealer that gives you this best treatment. The Bobcat I owned was excellent and I have a friend that has over 4000 hrs. on one and every time I see him I can't believe he is still running that mower he also has two more and he loves them, I just like the extra speed I get with the Hustler Super Z but you may not need that. Hustler's are made extremely tough and very easy to maintain, just give them all a try everybody has different preferences that is why they make different brands.

cdjohnson7
06-25-2006, 08:27 AM
I have a friend that has a great dane mower. It is pretty good and cuts good. I myself have a Husky 36 in hydro walk behind I like it as it does not weigh as much as a ZTR but cuts pretty quick (2 acres p hr) and it's about 1500 bucks cheaper. Several manufactures make walkbehind mower so there are many to chose from. It is just something to consider.

poonero
06-25-2006, 09:38 AM
nothing runs like a deere

Larry Davis
06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Don't know if I'm just in a bad mood this morning or what, but this post really irks me! Seems that in the past few months more and more newcomers to this site are posting questions that have been asked and answered many times over. A simple search, a few minutes of reading....... So, what is it? Laziness? Just wanting some personal attention?

puppypaws
06-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't know if I'm just in a bad mood this morning or what, but this post really irks me! Seems that in the past few months more and more newcomers to this site are posting questions that have been asked and answered many times over. A simple search, a few minutes of reading....... So, what is it? Laziness? Just wanting some personal attention?Sometimes these posts are good because it gives people a little chance to piss and moan everybody needs to do this occasionally or the world would get dull, wouldn't you agree!