PDA

View Full Version : cub commercial

BCFLawnLandscape
06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
i have a tank and a 48 inch z-wing with only 150 hours on them both, i have broken a belt on each of them, the deck belt that runs the blades within two weeks, the 48 about 2 weeks ago and the 60 today, must have been cheap belts or something

dcondon
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
We just replaced the deck belt last week on the 60" tank. First time in over a year. They should be changed every year anyways.:)

ThirdDay
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Cub is owned by MTD and the words "commercial" and "MTD" should NEVER go together.

MTD has no clue how to treat commercial customers and their dealers are even more clueless. MTD/Cub dealers are zoned in on homeowner business. It's all they really understand.

dcondon
06-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Cub is owned by MTD and the words "commercial" and "MTD" should NEVER go together.

MTD has no clue how to treat commercial customers and their dealers are even more clueless. MTD/Cub dealers are zoned in on homeowner business. It's all they really understand.

Maybe in your area but not here. Our dealer knows everything about commerical mowers and always has the parts if we need them the next day. Do you own Cub TANKS??????

Gatewayuser
06-25-2006, 08:17 PM

Thats what I was going to say.

newz7151
06-25-2006, 08:29 PM

Excuse me.. some people might really take offense to that statement. Have you ever dealt with MTD from a dealer standpoint? When you call MTD/Cub numbers, their main goal is to not have to deal with you even though you are their customer. What they do love to do is feed you the customer a line of Bull$hit and tell you that the dealer will take care of it, when the dealer has to go through the same cr@p to get authorization numbers from MTD.

If you're going to buy a mower that is built by a company whose main goal is getting Box Store shoppers to buy a cheap mower every year... then you should expect the same in the service department from MTD. MTD servicing dealers know how hard it can be to deal with MTD sometimes, and are not going to stick their neck out just to make MTD look good.

tacoma200
06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow, another knock down drag out on brands.

milo
06-25-2006, 08:47 PM
lol.. i have owned mtd pro zero turns and own one now.. well my 60 inch used to eat belts up and they had a recall that helped but still they did not last long. i now have one 54 inch mtd pro and that does not have that problem.. i was told by the dealer that some models had this problem for some reason. i dont know if they fixed it for the tanks but it sounds like they did not..

ProStreetCamaro
06-25-2006, 09:20 PM

*cough* your a moron *cough*

Buddy I have owned Exmark, scag, bob-cat, gravely, bunton, goodall etc etc and the Tank is just as good as all of them if not better than most. So untill you have owned one I recommend you shut your pie hole. :nono:

cantoo
06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
I had one used it for a couple of years and sold it for decent enough money. After I was done cutting with it I used it for spraying. I had a 300 lb water tank mounted above the engine for my sprayer. This wrecked the rear axle after a year or so, hills were the worst on it.
Ours also ate belts but only in the top height setting. The belt would hit the frame and blow apart. Once we learned never to cut in the top height we never had a problem.
Parts were a pain over here because there were so few of them here.

wriken
06-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I was told to take the height adjustment lever and mow in at least the tallest setting, not to mow without letting the lever down first.

also mtd and cub commercial are 2 differant companies. I believe cubs/lesco's are built by CTP

ThirdDay
06-25-2006, 10:04 PM
*cough* your a moron *cough*

Buddy I have owned Exmark, scag, bob-cat, gravely, bunton, goodall etc etc and the Tank is just as good as all of them if not better than most. So untill you have owned one I recommend you shut your pie hole. :nono:

Does it make you cough to admit that you are a moron?? You might want to have that checked by a doctor.

The Cub commercial products are decent. Theie parts and service support might just be the worst in the industry!

dcondon
06-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Does it make you cough to admit that you are a moron?? You might want to have that checked by a doctor.

The Cub commercial products are decent. Theie parts and service support might just be the worst in the industry!

I don't know how you come up with that. Do you own Cub/Lesco mowers???

ProStreetCamaro
06-25-2006, 10:13 PM

Concidering my dealer is one of the largest dealers and parts distributors in the U.S. I feel very comfortable owning a cub commercial mower. :hammerhead:

dcondon
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Concidering my dealer is one of the largest dealers and parts distributors in the U.S. I feel very comfortable owning a cub commercial mower. :hammerhead:

You tell him ProStreet!!!!!!!!:cool2: :cool2:

daveintoledo
06-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I was told to take the height adjustment lever and mow in at least the tallest setting, not to mow without letting the lever down first.

also mtd and cub commercial are 2 differant companies. I believe cubs/lesco's are built by CTP

try a search here and see what is said about the cub tanks, nothing but positive statements from lost of happy customers,

mine is great cuts as good or better then my toro z master, .... stripes great, no unusual mechanical problems, just, maintenance

BESTYARDS
06-25-2006, 11:16 PM
My CUB CADET Z Force 44 works like a charm. The Briggs Engine uses oil.

JTF40
06-25-2006, 11:26 PM

Why don't you be HONEST and tell us what equipment you own - or your parent(s) own/borrow!!!!!!:usflag:

mhussey
06-25-2006, 11:29 PM
You know what I find very ironic is that people will bash Cub Cadet because they are sold in Lowes a.k.a box stores, however, no one ever brings up that Lowe's also sells John Deere and Toro. Which are some other very reputable brands. I have a Cub belly mower that has over 500 hours and have only had to replace a few belts here and there. I came close to buying a Cub Cadet Commercial just because of the reliability of my belly mower. Some of you guys need to get your facts straight about Cub Cadet before you run off the mouth.

smcunningham
06-26-2006, 02:24 AM
my z-force 48 cuts/runs just as good as my z-wing 48

JTF40
06-26-2006, 05:07 AM
You know what I find very ironic is that people will bash Cub Cadet because they are sold in Lowes a.k.a box stores, however, no one ever brings up that Lowe's also sells John Deere and Toro. Which are some other very reputable brands. I have a Cub belly mower that has over 500 hours and have only had to replace a few belts here and there. I came close to buying a Cub Cadet Commercial just because of the reliability of my belly mower. Some of you guys need to get your facts straight about Cub Cadet before you run off the mouth.

With all due respect, Cub Cadet and Cub Commercial are TOTALLY different machines. :usflag:

Nosmo
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I cannot speak for other areas of the country but in my hometown there are no Commercial Cub Cadet machines in TSC or Lowes. Yes you can find the residential models but the commercial models are found at a Cub Cadet Dealer .

As for my opinion of the Tank -- I am a satisfied owner of a 54" machine.

The group of coffee drinkers I meet with every morning have a good laugh about lawn mowers. They say all of them are made in the same place. Each workday Monday thru Friday they paint 'em a different color and put a different name on them. :-)

Nosmo

mhussey
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
With all due respect, Cub Cadet and Cub Commercial are TOTALLY different machines. :usflag:

Yes I do understand that, however people assume that the Cub Cadet Commercial line is the same quality as the MTD products you find at the box stores. The point I was trying to make is that why don't people think the other big reputable companies ( Deere, Toro, etc) have the same quality issues with their cheaper homeowner models like people assume of Cub Cadet.

JTF40
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes I do understand that, however people assume that the Cub Cadet Commercial line is the same quality as the MTD products you find at the box stores. The point I was trying to make is that why don't people think the other big reputable companies ( Deere, Toro, etc) have the same quality issues with their cheaper homeowner models like people assume of Cub Cadet.

Point well taken.....:usflag:

colawn
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
how do you like the z wing? I have lots of gates that I have to get in. Do they have a bagging system for it?

BCFLawnLandscape
06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
i have never had a problem them with them since, i love the machine and they are popular in this area, i will prolly never buy anything else for my second crew next year, i love the cub commercial, i compare them to the scag which (is the best) "Supposevly". You could run them into trees and not hurt them.

BCFLawnLandscape
06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
how do you like the z wing? I have lots of gates that I have to get in. Do they have a bagging system for it?
I like the z-wing for flat wide open back yards. it is great to get into that gate and get in and get out! HILLS THEY SUCK! the wheel base is so short it wont take any hill, the 60 i have will take anything that i can throw at it.

ProStreetCamaro
06-26-2006, 05:40 PM
i compare them to the scag which (is the best) "Supposevly".

Oh good lorn no dont compare them to scag. Our scag is the worst cutting mower we have ever owned in over 20 years.

colawn
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the reply bcf. How long does it take to put the wings down?

BCFLawnLandscape
06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the reply bcf. How long does it take to put the wings down?
i have never timed them, but i would guess less than 10-15 seconds...

MMLawn
06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Check your belt pulleys for debis caught up between the inside of the pulley and the belt. Esp check for a piece a gumball or of a stick. Had a Z break two belts in a week and sure enough after looking at the belt you could see unusal wear. Check pulleys and there it was a small piece of gumball stuck in the pulley groove, which in turn was wearing and cutting on the belt causing it to break.

Idealtim
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Can tension on the belts play a factor?

ProStreetCamaro
06-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Just a FYI here

I took our new Cub Tank in friday because the bolt and washer that holds the blade clutch in fell out and allowed the clutch to drop down and get messed up. I put a new bolt and washer and the mower vibrated so I knew the clutch was messed up. It is now tuesday morning and they called and said it was ready and they replaced the blade clutch and went over the mower to make sure everything was good to go.

To me that is pretty good service right there. We didnt get it there till friday afternoon and it was ready early this morning. Our exmark/scag/bob-cat dealer always has a 1-2 week back up before they will even look at your mower. Our cub dealer is one of the largest in the U.S. and they care about there customers!

ProStreetCamaro
06-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Just got back with our Tank. Our dealer rocks!!

Here are some pics of the Tanks at our dealer. Taken with my camera phone so the pics suck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Cubdealer001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Cubdealer002.jpg

This one here is one BAD MOFO. M60 with the 3 cylinder CAT and every option available. It has a price of $11,499 on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Cubdealer003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Cubdealer004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Cubdealer005.jpg

Envy Lawn Service
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry, haven't been around much.

Anyways, Cub honestly has about the best belt system I've seen.
I mean I can't think of one that is equal or better from all aspects.

Personally, anyone with belt problems has something going on in my opinion. I had my PTO-to-Deck belt get eat up really bad the first day I owned my machine. The cause was human error and the belt got ate up good! But, the mower will be a year old in a few more days and it's still running on that original set of belts.

So something ain't right!

Which of the two belts are you having trouble with?

ProStreetCamaro
06-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Anyways, Cub honestly has about the best belt system I've seen.
I mean I can't think of one that is equal or better from all aspects.

Personally, anyone with belt problems has something going on in my opinion.

Your absolutely correct. It is very simple and well thought out.

BCFLawnLandscape
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I was mowing a field that has about 10 apple trees in it. The apples were falling and a lot were on the ground, i smelled the hot belt and before i could the PTO off the belt snapped, i got off after cussing and throwing a fit...LOL I seen there was about 15 small apples on or inside of the deck, i am thinking that one of the apples could have knocked it off the pulley. I dont think there is anything wrong with the machine, bought a new belt and havent had a problem all week....and by the way cub commercial in my opinion has one of the best service and dealers around. They are great!