PDA

View Full Version : F250 Sd 2005 Deadly

scraper69
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I ALMOST DIED THIS WEEKEND>>>>Heres my story, In Sept. last year i leased this 05 F250 and since has given me nothing but trouble. Exhaust problems (in 3 times for that) Injector failed, and many little bugs that the dealer cant fix.
Well just this past Saturday on I-94 doin about 70mph, the engine hesitates for a second (like it cut out) then suddenly the wheels locked up and I lost control, skidding - almost hitting 3 other cars, and then the wall on the shoulder. Finally after steering on to the shoulder - Stopped, and basically had a panic attack, saw my life flash before my eyes. Sat for a couple minutes, then got out to look at the wheels and under the truck for any clues as to what had just happened. Nothing visible. So now what? I start up and stroll along the shoulder to the nearest exit the tow / haul light is flashing on and off... Drive about 30mph on a city road with my flashers on.. not but a 1/8 of a mile it locks up again and then frees up, and rolls. I am now freakin out. I pull into the nearest parking lot before it happens a third time, and now the Engine light is on and there is a ticking sound from near the fuse panel under the steering column. I park the thing and call ford roadside asssitance, but because its sat. the dealer is closed. So i tell them to pick it up on Mon at 6:00 from where i have it parked. And now i think i have some PTS - post traumatic stress. I am a wreck! I could have died. What if i had my 4mo old baby with me.??? I WANT OUT OF THIS LEASE.
What am i gonna need to do ..? Probably get a lawyer.. The truck only has 4,000 miles on it . 2005 F250SD Gas Any input would be appreciated.

tthomass
06-25-2006, 09:00 PM
look up the ford forums.........i'm a chevy guy so i got to gm-trucks.com..........google/yahoo a ford site and post up

you could have the severe end of a recall thats out or something, who knows..........good that you're okay

dcondon
06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
I would be calling your dealer first thing in the morning!!!!! If they are a good dealer I'm sure they will give you another new one. Glad your OK!!!!:)

biglawndog
06-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Check out your problem on this site, they can help you.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

upidstay
06-29-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd call a lawyer

Kepple Services
06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
thedieselstop.com... yes I know you said it was a gas motor, but they are all trucks....

dcondon
06-29-2006, 10:42 PM
thedieselstop.com... yes I know you said it was a gas motor, but they are all trucks....

There is a difference between gas and diesel:dizzy: maybe check out thegasstop.com

Lawn Masters
06-30-2006, 06:48 AM
First of all, if you havent figured it out by now, you got a lemon. you're fully justified in wanting out of the lease immediately, before you or someone you love is hurt or killed in the truck.

second, a lawyer might be a good idea, discuss your legal options with one, dont worry about suing anyone just yet though. if they can find you a way out of this lease, great.

Just use your head, keep cool and you'll get something hopefully.

scraper69
07-04-2006, 09:31 AM
thanks.. thats the plan, and hopefully ford doesnt RUN from this problem.

Green Pastures
07-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Your thread title is completely misleading and quite frankly a lie.

Other than that good luck with dealing with a corporation.

lafd04
07-14-2006, 07:43 PM
My dad had a 2500 hub come apart on the highway. Can we change the name to trucks are deadly?