PDA

View Full Version : Deadly 2005 F250

scraper69
06-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED>>>Heres my story, In Sept. last year i leased this 05 F250 and since has given me nothing but trouble. Exhaust problems (in 3 times for that) Injector failed, and many little bugs that the dealer cant fix.
Well just this past Saturday on I-94 doin about 70mph, the engine hesitates for a second (like it cut out) then suddenly the wheels locked up and I lost control, skidding - almost hitting 3 other cars, and then the wall on the shoulder. Finally after steering on to the shoulder - Stopped, and basically had a panic attack, saw my life flash before my eyes. Sat for a couple minutes, then got out to look at the wheels and under the truck for any clues as to what had just happened. Nothing visible. So now what? I start up and stroll along the shoulder to the nearest exit the tow / haul light is flashing on and off... Drive about 30mph on a city road with my flashers on.. not but a 1/8 of a mile it locks up again and then frees up, and rolls. I am now freakin out. I pull into the nearest parking lot before it happens a third time, and now the Engine light is on and there is a ticking sound from near the fuse panel under the steering column. I park the thing and call ford roadside asssitance, but because its sat. the dealer is closed. So i tell them to pick it up on Mon at 6:00 from where i have it parked. And now i think i have some PTS - post traumatic stress. I am a wreck! I will never feel safe in that truck again. AND NEVER put my daughter in it. I could have died. What if i had my 4mo old baby with me.??? I WANT OUT OF THIS LEASE.
What am i gonna need to do ..? Probably get a lawyer.. The truck only has 4,000 miles on it . 2005 F250SD Gas Any input would be appreciated.

DBL
06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
its a ford....but also just last week at my part time driving a tow truck we got a new truck we have all trucks newer than an 03 and there all internationals but anyway one of the night shift drivers was driving and the the axle actually shifted and tow one side like slid out of place and pushed on the brakes and locked the whole thing up and actually caught the back tires on fire but it locked everything up adn those things are all big 2wd trucks so it couldnt lock the front tires up so maby because yours is 4x4 it could have locked up the front too but thats if your truck had the same problem.....maby

MudslinginFX4
06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a lemon to me... I've had/have 3 2005 Ford Superdutys as well as 06's and have never had the smallest problem. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

JTF40
06-25-2006, 10:17 PM
its a ford....but also just last week at my part time driving a tow truck we got a new truck we have all trucks newer than an 03 and there all internationals but anyway one of the night shift drivers was driving and the the axle actually shifted and tow one side like slid out of place and pushed on the brakes and locked the whole thing up and actually caught the back tires on fire but it locked everything up adn those things are all big 2wd trucks so it couldnt lock the front tires up so maby because yours is 4x4 it could have locked up the front too but thats if your truck had the same problem.....maby
"It's a Ford"!!!!! Grow up dude. This could happen to any automobile manufacturer.:usflag:

DBL
06-25-2006, 10:23 PM
ok that was a joke i didnt bust on fords at all its just a friendly brand wars thing. and our problem was on an international. so you chill out