PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean Up

Landscape89
06-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I know Fall Clean Up is a whiles away.. but I need your guys opinion. Some people claim Fall Clean up is just getting up most of the "Heavy" leaves, while others say it should be Spotless with no leaves. I fall under the Spotless category.. or at least try to but sometimes its a PITA cause of the wind. What do you guys think?

Uranus
06-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Fall cleanup- all beds get blown out, lawn get cleaned off by blowing or mowing and the grass gets cut. I charge cleanup rate for the whole time i'm there plus a mowing charge. So to answer your question spotless. but dont chase leaves that fall after your final mow

dcondon
06-25-2006, 09:57 PM
In this area it's hard to leave a lawn spotless in the fall. Oak trees will be dropping leaves all fall and into the winter.

jt5019
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
I try to get them pretty spotless but two days later the neighbors leaves are all over the lawn anyways. Anything that builds up we just get during the spring clean up.

dcondon
06-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I try to get them pretty spotless but two days later the neighbors leaves are all over the lawn anyways. Anything that builds up we just get during the spring clean up.

Thats what we have to do also!!!:)

Keytee04
07-13-2006, 11:37 AM
This is a great opportunity that not many people take advantage of. If this is a new customer who just wants leaves removed, do an estimate for clean-up and tell them it includes one free mowing. #1-mowing helps clean up some of the leaves and debris without you actually having to pick them up by either mulching them or bagging them and #2- do a really good job on the mowing and you might just get another customer to mow in the spring. It should only take you a little extra time to mow, but this has paid off for me plenty of times.

J&R Landscaping
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I agree, even if I make the lawn spotless from leaves, I could leave the jobsite finished, come back in 2 or 3 hours and it will have leaves on it that have blown around from other yards.

I get the major stuff and as much of the minor as possible but with the wind and crap, it can be difficult somedays. This is also why I plan clean-ups a bit better then just regular mowings; I try to find the calmer days to do the work!

carcrz
11-18-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm in between the two. I mow & bag everything, but since there are so many leaves on some of these lawns, there is a little bit of mulched leaves left behind. You have to look to see it though.

AndyTblc
11-25-2006, 03:27 PM
My fall clean ups are not spotless, I get the majority, but it ain't pefect, because there are still leaves. Also when the snowplow comes over. But my spotless clean up is in the spring. That is the big money maker.

lawnpro724
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
We do our best to leave the lawn looking picture perfect but it doesn't matter how good of a job you do, your not going to get every leaf up. When we go out to do cleanups almost all the leaves are down but not all and on some trees they wont fall down until spring when new leaves come on. I would like to see anyones picture of a fall cleanup that is spotless. Can you do a very good job getting almost every leaf up? Sure you can but its not going to be spotless. I just don't think that is possible.

bhforty3
03-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I agree, you can try to clean up in fall as good as you can ,but you could chace leaves all winter for penny's on the dollar.Spring cleans should be pretty spotless this is a good money maker$$$.Think GREEN.:drinkup:

Myk
03-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't leave the yard spotless and I tell the customer that. When I leave here the next day you will have leaves blown into your yard. Found out too this year we had a bad ice storm in springfield, MO every tree was damaged from the ice I mean every tree, so the yards where full of tree limbs and those dang gumballs. so spring clean up was more full than fall clean up. have a great season