PDA

View Full Version : New equipement pics

S man
06-25-2006, 11:07 PM
here I have my new toro commercial 21" that I paid cash out the door on. Also are my snapper and honda mowers and redmax trimmer and echo bp blower. More equipement on the way. What's a good stick edger and hand blower to get?

mcwlandscaping
06-25-2006, 11:37 PM
how do you like that honda? i love mine! my little echo hand blower is perfect for cleaning up after mowing $149 at home depot! stick edger, Stihl FC110! nice new mower, i like it!

jameson
06-26-2006, 12:33 AM
here I have my new toro commercial 21" that I paid cash out the door on. Also are my snapper and honda mowers and redmax trimmer and echo bp blower. More equipement on the way. What's a good stick edger and hand blower to get?

Your equipment is just fine. I have never owned a Toro 21", I hear they are expert mulchers. Your on your way!

S man
06-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks. mcw, the echo is good but my dealer told me to go only with redmax for handheld blowers. The honda's rear axle is not working right though. It can't turn left and gets jammed. I'm really confused on this?????? Yes the Toro is a great mulcher and is built just like it's bigger brothers with the kawasaki engine and a two year commercial warranty. The thing that's bothering me is that is has a engine guard bar that is black and is slanted compared to the gold one that is sqaured on most of them. Is it just a change that is not important? The new hi vac toro has this bar on it.

mcwlandscaping
06-26-2006, 11:32 AM
On your honda, do the wheels sometimes jam up when you are trying to pull the unit backwards as well? As for the redmax handhelds, i would'nt know as ive never used them, my redmax eb7001 is a beast though so i wouldn't at all hesitate to try the redmax handhelds as well

Gatewayuser
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I like the stihl fc110 edger which I have had for 2 years. Blower go with a Husqvarna the new one is super quite and blows the exhaust out the tube which is pretty neat!
Good luck and have a great year!

mcwlandscaping
06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I like the stihl fc110 edger which I have had for 2 years. Blower go with a Husqvarna the new one is super quite and blows the exhaust out the tube which is pretty neat!
Good luck and have a great year!
ive been waiting so long for a company to do that! it just makes sense to have the exhaust blown out the tube!

prostriper
06-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I'd go with the shindaiwa le261, I have the le 231 which works great unless you get a sidewalk that hasn't been edged in a year. The toro is a real nice mower I have used them before, they last a real long time. Keep an eye on the mounting bolts for the wheels and wheel arms, I had them come lose and fall of once and a while.

mcwlandscaping
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
how much did that new mower end up costing you?

J&R Landscaping
06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Them Toro mowers are great machines! I would look into redmax or shindaiwa for a edger and blower! The redmax hand blowers are light and put out a ton of air!!!

Gatewayuser
06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Like I said before go with the fs110 and husq blower and you WILL be happy. Husq are so strong that I have ran one over with the trailer and mowers twice in the same week (4,500 Lbs). And the same one has also fallen off my trailer at 45mph with NO damage other then a little broken plastic.

S man
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Like I said before go with the fs110 and husq blower and you WILL be happy. Husq are so strong that I have ran one over with the trailer and mowers twice in the same week (4,500 Lbs). And the same one has also fallen off my trailer at 45mph with NO damage other then a little broken plastic.

that's impressive! Is the stihl fc75 comparable to the fc110? I've used the fc75 but wasen't impressed with the wheel because it would get caught and te blade would be moving the edger. I might either the husq or redmax handheld blower. I have to check my dealers for the husq. One of my customers had a murray lawn tractor from home depot that he wanted to sell to me for $600. It comes with the dump cart and the 17.5 briggs seems to run great. But I'm not getting it. I'm going to get a 36" wb or a jd rider next year.

btw, the toro was $1172.00 new.

mcwlandscaping
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
FC75 is curved shafted FC110 is straight, straight shaft=much better!

z_clark
07-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Snapper /ariens,

Equip looks good. It should serve you for a long time.

Do you know if your toro is an 2006 model? It looks like they have changed the height adjusters for the front wheels for the new model.

If this is the case, I hope it is for the better, as that is the only part of our toro 21's we ever replace....every 400 hour or so.

S man
07-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Snapper /ariens,

Do you know if your toro is an 2006 model? It looks like they have changed the height adjusters for the front wheels for the new model.

If this is the case, I hope it is for the better, as that is the only part of our toro 21's we ever replace....every 400 hour or so.

Jeff, the toro is an 06 model and they did change the adjusters and the engine guard bar as well. To tell you the truth, one of the adjusters is loose and this mower is new! I'm going to make my dealer put a new one on there.

stuffdeer
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Why don't you just tighten it?

Gatewayuser
07-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Snapper /ariens,

Z clark,
I have not seen you on here in a while.
Hows is your only mowing crew doing? Is it still working out for you?
Have a great year!

J&R Landscaping
07-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Man, you must be running one of the $600 husky trimmers then.:confused:

I have talked to a few lcos around me who say if you just drop them on the ground for some reason while your trimming with them, crap starts to break. Everyone around here runs away from husky as fast as they can! :hammerhead: :dizzy:

Gatewayuser
07-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Man, you must be running one of the $600 husky trimmers then.:confused:

I have talked to a few lcos around me who say if you just drop them on the ground for some reason while your trimming with them, crap starts to break. Everyone around here runs away from husky as fast as they can! :hammerhead: :dizzy:

I did NOT say the trimmers I said blower I have the 145BT $300.
I do however have 2 326LRX $380 each Which I highly recommend and I have had those fall of the trailer too with no breaks. Now the husq 123L which is the $200 one fell off the trailer once and it bent the shaft and broke some other things too I don't recommend that one at all. Good Luck!

tallimeca
07-05-2006, 11:03 PM
the echo is good but my dealer told me to go only with redmax for handheld blowers

Call me crazy but I think i'm the only dealer that doesn't hesitate to say good things about competitor's product.

Redmax makes a nice blower but to ONLY go with Redmax?:rolleyes:

Echo PB230ln is an awesome hand blower for under 200 bucks.

blakeg314
07-07-2006, 02:13 PM

why didnt you just save a few hundred more and buy a quick 36?

S man
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM

why didnt you just save a few hundred more and buy a quick 36?

Well I don't have a truck yet and didn't want to spend an extra $1400 right now. Next year I'm getting a 36" or wider w/b.
I'm still curious about dealer support for the quicks?

mcwlandscaping
07-08-2006, 12:49 AM
it's amazing from what i hear.

LawnTamer
07-08-2006, 03:54 AM
You will love the Proline, great machines, built like tanks.

blakeg314
07-09-2006, 10:20 PM
i have no idea about the dealer support

right now im running a few scag wb's, but there always breaking down

gonna look into the hustlers or something along that line, no exmark for me

S man
07-10-2006, 12:34 AM
i have no idea about the dealer support

right now im running a few scag wb's, but there always breaking down

gonna look into the hustlers or something along that line, no exmark for me

Why not exmark?

mch181
07-12-2006, 05:07 PM
On your honda, do the wheels sometimes jam up when you are trying to pull the unit backwards as well? As for the redmax handhelds, i would'nt know as ive never used them, my redmax eb7001 is a beast though so i wouldn't at all hesitate to try the redmax handhelds as well
thats because the drive is still engaged. just push it forward a little and its should disengage. it happens with my craftsman 6.5 honda

S man
07-13-2006, 12:30 AM
thats because the drive is still engaged. just push it forward a little and its should disengage. it happens with my craftsman 6.5 honda

Actually it is fully disenaged. But when you turn it, it won't turn. It is locked up and won't turn.

firefightergw
07-13-2006, 02:22 AM
How does that Snapper on the left compare to the Toro in weight. The reason I ask is because I have the same exact Snapper and added a Commercial Snapper this year. The Commercial Snapper weighs considerably more than the residential. I was thinking of switching over to all Toros next year for that reason. How does the cut compare? Any significant difference?

S man
07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
How does that Snapper on the left compare to the Toro in weight. The reason I ask is because I have the same exact Snapper and added a Commercial Snapper this year. The Commercial Snapper weighs considerably more than the residential. I was thinking of switching over to all Toros next year for that reason. How does the cut compare? Any significant difference?

Okay. I love my resi snapper in weight and cut. But switched to the toro because I wanted to see how good they mulch. I have not figued out how to get the performance I want though, but it is the best. The toro commercials are heavy (mine is 115 lbs. I think?) but is lighter than the honda (130 lbs?). Overall the toro commercial is great but the toro sr4s are not good for commercial cutting but the snapper residentials can be good. Imo I like both and it is hard to tell which I like better. But I do like the toro for it's commercial quality. Also the toro has a crankshaft protector and a 25mm crankshaft that will not bend as easy as the snapper crankshaft . Hope this helps.:)

blakeg314
07-15-2006, 11:37 PM
the guy i help out sometimes, runs a few exmarks and the hydros are always going on them, he keeps up on maitnence every 100 hours but they just keep falling apart, hes looking into a few wright standers

S man
07-16-2006, 01:48 AM
the guy i help out sometimes, runs a few exmarks and the hydros are always going on them, he keeps up on maitnence every 100 hours but they just keep falling apart, hes looking into a few wright standers

hmmmmn. Exmarks are supposed to be good. I guess some get the bottom of the barrel.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
that's impressive! Is the stihl fc75 comparable to the fc110? I've used the fc75 but wasen't impressed with the wheel because it would get caught and te blade would be moving the edger. I might either the husq or redmax handheld blower. I have to check my dealers for the husq. One of my customers had a murray lawn tractor from home depot that he wanted to sell to me for $600. It comes with the dump cart and the 17.5 briggs seems to run great. But I'm not getting it. I'm going to get a 36" wb or a jd rider next year.

where did you buy the commercial toro from, i got mine from east bank cycerly. for 1099 before taxes and 1196.00 after

S man
10-15-2007, 06:02 PM
where did you buy the commercial toro from, i got mine from east bank cycerly. for 1099 before taxes and 1196.00 after

From joes out on marietta st. I really don't like that cyclery place. But I now buy stuff from Bob's. They are very professional.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah i went 2 both of those placees but joes will take ages for ur **** 2 get fixed if it breaks casuse as u no, after katrina, a lot of businesses are only fixin what they sold you. but joes was a lil cheaper, 20 dollars but i want a good dealer. and bobs, it was alright. i didnt like how when i walked in and asked a question that old man was like some1 will be with u and jus sat there, i waited like 10 min for some1 2 come out from the bac, and then he started 2 help some other guy, and then helped me. so i wasnt happy about that. however, he was helpful once he did help me.

S man
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
yeah i went 2 both of those placees but joes will take ages for ur **** 2 get fixed if it breaks casuse as u no, after katrina, a lot of businesses are only fixin what they sold you. but joes was a lil cheaper, 20 dollars but i want a good dealer. and bobs, it was alright. i didnt like how when i walked in and asked a question that old man was like some1 will be with u and jus sat there, i waited like 10 min for some1 2 come out from the bac, and then he started 2 help some other guy, and then helped me. so i wasnt happy about that. however, he was helpful once he did help me.

Yep. I've bought a lot from joes toro proline, stihl kombi unit, 2 stihl fs80s snapper commercial. But they are very busy and unorganized. sometimes you can be in there forever before you get what you want and get going. I had a return problem with schwin cyclery in 04 with a snapper I bought(go figure) and didn't like it and ended up returning it with a fight. The boss's worker was going nuts and yelling because we were right and wanted the money back. We got it but I never bought anything else there.
Bob's is very good. I bought my exmark phazer there and a echo hedge and a redmax edger. I will get my toro there next year.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
thats good, yeah well i tell ya what, east bank cycerly, ALWAYS has the parts compared 2 Vaughns and Joe's. i dont no about bob's cause i jus recently found out about them when lookin at the exmark 21". but i no that cycerly has all the parts and in stock. do you use your toro? i went 2 joes one day lookin at the mowers when i was in the market for one and he introduced me 2 the gator blade and i was sold by it. so i got a yard that needed 2 be cut cause it was 3 weeks over done cause the previous tenets moved out and i went bac 2 joes 2 get the blade, and they looked for liek 10 min and swore ^ and down that they had a box of them, but, they didnt, sooo i went 2 vaughns and they had it. i think vaughns needs 2 get toro and cycerly needs 2 get stihl. im gettin a stihl soon and ill proab get it from joes since they have dem. paulies is a rip. i dont remember seeing stihl at bobs

S man
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
thats good, yeah well i tell ya what, east bank cycerly, ALWAYS has the parts compared 2 Vaughns and Joe's. i dont no about bob's cause i jus recently found out about them when lookin at the exmark 21". but i no that cycerly has all the parts and in stock. do you use your toro? i went 2 joes one day lookin at the mowers when i was in the market for one and he introduced me 2 the gator blade and i was sold by it. so i got a yard that needed 2 be cut cause it was 3 weeks over done cause the previous tenets moved out and i went bac 2 joes 2 get the blade, and they looked for liek 10 min and swore ^ and down that they had a box of them, but, they didnt, sooo i went 2 vaughns and they had it. i think vaughns needs 2 get toro and cycerly needs 2 get stihl. im gettin a stihl soon and ill proab get it from joes since they have dem. paulies is a rip. i dont remember seeing stihl at bobs

Yes pauli is a loser. Don't buy stihl equipment there. Joes is the only other stihl dealer. Buy from them.

lifetree
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
S man -- I guess I don't understand why you have 3 21" mowers ... don't you need a wide cut machine, say a 32" or 36" ??

S man
10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
S man -- I guess I don't understand why you have 3 21" mowers ... don't you need a wide cut machine, say a 32" or 36" ??

This is an old thread from last year. I now have a exmark phazer and all different equipment. Check out my new thread.