PDA

View Full Version : our new truck

copeblk
06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
just picked it up on thursday. 1992 volvo white/gmc 35000 GVWR. 9 speed, cummings 60 series engine, 330hp. first load was on friday, just over 10 ton of driveway mix, didn;t even know it was there. so far a great truck will be lettering it on monday. let me know what you think...

hosejockey2002
06-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Nice looking truck. I wonder what your front axle weighs when you are loaded with 10 ton. With your steer tires it looks like you are good for 12 maybe 14K on the front axle. With the position of the rear axle and the length of the bed it looks like you may tend to run heavy on the front.

Gravel Rat
06-26-2006, 01:42 AM
You better get super single steers or your going to have a blow out. Oh ya putting 10 ton on a single axle is grossly overloaded you shouldn't be putting anymore than 8 ton on the truck.

That truck is a converted truck tractor its not a dump truck spec you don't want a set back axle on a single axle dump truck because that 12,000lb axle isn't going to take the load. You will wear out king pins, burn out wheel bearings or bend the axle.

No offence but you bought a night mare your going to have nothing but problems with the DOT with being overloaded on the front axle. I personally would get rid of the truck and get a better truck or a tandem axle. When the front tire blows out from being grossly overloaded you will be wishing you never bought that truck.

A Series 60 is a 4 cycle Detroit I imagine you have the small block version in that truck. Its not a Cummins engine if it was a Cummins the truck would have a L-10 or M-11.

You do know who ever sold you that truck should be shot because what you have there shouldn't be allowed unless you want to only carry 5 ton of material. Dealers don't care they put dump boxes on decomisioned truck tractors and market them to people that don't know any better just to get rid of truck tractors that don't sell as tractors.

Sorry for being so up front but I have a feeling you don't have much experience with trucks.

zim bob the landscaper
06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
looks real nice. how much did it run ya.

tbambersvc
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Nice looking truck. Can't beat those Cummins engines.