PDA

View Full Version : trimmer trap customer service sucks!!

baddboygeorge
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
i bought a trimmer rack an to no avail parts were missing an i called the company . The guy didnt say he was sorry or anything all he said its gonna be so much money to replace the parts . This company needs to understand customer service !!!

TLS
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
What "Parts" were missing? IIRC, mine were just a bolt on type thing.

jsf343
06-26-2006, 12:33 PM
i bought a trimmer rack an to no avail parts were missing an i called the company . The guy didnt say he was sorry or anything all he said its gonna be so much money to replace the parts . This company needs to understand customer service !!!

I can say the same thing. Bought the trimmer holder and there was 1 or 2 bolts missing from that. Bought the water cooler holder and ALL the bolts, washers and nuts were missing. I just went to Home Depot and got what I needed it was a whole lot closer. It is just the principal of the whole thing that was irritating!

gqnine44
06-26-2006, 06:42 PM

So they made you pay for the missing parts??

jsf343
06-26-2006, 07:14 PM
So they made you pay for the missing parts??

speaking for myself, I got a commercial discount and the amount of parts that were missing was probably under $5.00. I was a bit surprised more then anything.

Tharrell
06-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, I bought a tt-2 pro 4 and the backpack sprayer rack and the line holder a couple of years ago and none of my parts were missing.
Sorry you're having a problem.

TLS
06-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I cant remember if mine came with mounting hardware or not. I do remember having to go into my bolt bins to get what I needed though. I have mine mounted to my trailer and my trailer is a tube frame. I needed 3" bolts to go through the tube. So, I'm sure they wouldn't have shipped both 1" and 3" length bolts.

Only thing I had to do was install the rubber pads on the hooks. Everything else was pre-assembled.

DLCS
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
The only "parts" that came with mine were the pads like TLS had said in the previous post. No mounting hardware, bolts, etc. Same way with my blower rack, you are to use your own bolts.

TLS
06-27-2006, 07:44 AM
That could explain why they would charge for those "missing" parts then.

baddboygeorge
06-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I am missing the plastic handle cradles an a few other parts . I called trimmer trap an spoke with Al Pepper an all i got outta him was ,,"i'll have to charge ya". I just bought the kit an there is pieces missing an you wanna charge me , get for real !! Trimmer trap sucks an i will never buy anything from this company again..I am so tired of companies offering you the moon to buy from them an then when ya do there service sucks !!!!!!!!

TLS
06-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Did you buy the racks factory direct, or from a dealer?

What other parts?

baddboygeorge
06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
FROM A DEALER THAT ISNT EVEN A DEALER!!That doesnt matter trimmer trap should stand behind the problem its there product!!

The Captain
06-27-2006, 11:35 AM
I think your problem is with the "DEALER THAT ISN'T EVEN A DEALER", not with TrimmerTrap. It's just like buying a Rolex on the street corner. You get what you pay for.

The Captain

Tharrell
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Isn't TT located in Louisville? If so, go there and see someone in person. That may get you what you want.

baddboygeorge
06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
they should make it rite , you put your name on it,, stand behind it,, bottom line .Whatever the case may be i got screwed an it put a bad taste in my mouth about both the dealer an trimmer trap!! thats my luck.. thats ok i am gonna order online an then send the messed up one back for a refund i will get this rite in time!!

YGWBill
06-27-2006, 07:10 PM
I just received my trimmer trap and they were great to work with I think they have a great rack

baddboygeorge
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
i am glad you had better luck than i did!!

hillndale
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
I e mailed Trimmer Trap with a product question, and in 1/2 hour they called me to discuss it. Can't beat that.

hillndale :headphones:

TLS
06-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm beginning to think baddboygeorge got off on the wrong foot with their customer service dept....I could be wrong though. Or...their guy could have just had a bad day. You never know.

Why would any company just not send out the missing parts ASAP, no questions asked?

But....if he bought from a retailer, its THEIR problem.

K.Carothers
06-27-2006, 10:27 PM
It amazes me how bad customer service is these days. What gets me, are the companies with poor customer service, thrive.

And then there's me, great customer service and I still get walked on.:hammerhead:

I think its like women that are attracted to the "bad guy" thing.

kc

kc2006
06-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Yea i'd return the product, tell the dealer that all the stuff was missing and let him deal with it. But TT should of sent parts out if you have a reciept for it and it was new.

I can't complain one bit about jungle jim, I got screwed from my dealer about my blower rack, i ordered JJ rack and mounting bracket, they give me a TT bracket and a 2 blower rack...I returned it and said they gave me a part worth twice as much and the other part was wrong, they got in my face about it for no reason so I just returned it all and posted the ordeal on lawnsite. next day a JJ rep messaged me saying they wanted to get my business and would give me a discount to buy from them...Can't beat that at all, all future racks will be JJ for me.

Tharrell
06-28-2006, 04:29 AM
I agree about the customer service statement from the previous post generally. I remember back in the day most customer service statements included "no ifs, ands or buts". I just don't know why so many companies can thrive without a true concern for their customers. I'm not saying this is true with TT but, just a general statement.

Sean Adams
06-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I am not arguing about the imprtance of customer service, and I am not defending anyone here either...but this happens too often on thsi site.... someone buys something from a dealer or distributor and something goes wrong and then they yell and scream about the mfg.... doesn't make sense.

That would be like going to Joe's Truck Dealership and buying a new truck, and a week later the headlight goes out....do you call Ford or blame Ford? No....you go to the dealer. This is no different.

Just seems odd that people have stepped into this thread and given examples of great experiences they have had with Trimmer Trap.

LawnSite is a forum - to help in many ways - one of them to protect and aide the people in this industry to have a voice so they are not discarded and mistreated by the "big guy"... but the blame needs to be placed properly and it is not fair that people skip over the true root of the problem (your dealer) and go right to posting threads like "so and so sucks..."

Squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease but you also get more with honey than you do with vinegar. I find it EXTREMELY HARD TO BELIEVE that if you called Tim and the people at Trimmer Trap and there was something they did wrong or incorrectly that they wouldn't make it right immediately.

jsf343
06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Once again, speaking for myself I love the trimmer trap and the water cooler holder. I did not say they suck. I only said that I was missing some parts, and to clarify it was not trimmer traps fault it was the dealers. Overall I am extremely happy with it. (trimmer trap) Sorry if MY post confused. Jeff

chuck bow
06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I have been told they dont put hareware in because there is so many varations of trailers out there they could prob never get it right , my thoughts are trimmer trap makes a very very good product and there is no prob on thier end . So i have to spend 5 bucks for hardware its no sweat on this end

CuttinUP
06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Trimmer Trap has stood behind there products for me. I broke a set of Bull Rider wheels and they where very concerned about it and gave me a complete new set. The new set was built a little more beefy in the area that it broke. The owner of Trimmer Trap wanted the old set to see what he could do to improve on it. The new set is working just fine. I have nothing but good things to say about Trimmer Trap. George, Sorry that you are having a bad deal, but I agree, the problem lays on the dealer. They should have told you that hardware was extra or it wasn't included or what ever. You should have bought it at The Mower Shop, they have a very close and long relationship with Trimmer Trap and knowledge of there products.

FIRESCOOBY
06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Bought a TT blower rack and trimmer rack and BOTH were missing bolts and the trimer rack was missing the "cables" that hold the clips on. Bought the bolts I needed and wasn't gonna use the clips anyway.

Sounds like TT has some blind people doing their packaging. Thought mine was an isolated incident.

baddboygeorge
06-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I did speak with Al Pepper at Trimmer Trap an i had the dealer on the phone on a three way call an neither party wanted to correct it.Thats ok they will be getting a return soon!!

Sandgropher
06-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I did speak with Al Pepper at Trimmer Trap an i had the dealer on the phone on a three way call an neither party wanted to correct it.Thats ok they will be getting a return soon!!

This dosn't look like good service :nono: I hope its an isolated case as it looks like some of the guys are happy,:) you wernt rude or anything(upset) when you were on the phone bad boy, any way whatever, i reckon they should make things good plain and simple, when a customers upset he will tell ten of his friends or on LS 1000s of his friends.:laugh:

Any way i dont care how many satisfied customers they have, if some one done the wrong thing its still the wrong thing, agree with Sean you have to put the blame in the right places in a lot of cases, but you have spoken to AL whats nexts ??? we all will have to pay for missing parts when we buy some thing, i thought there was laws against that.:confused:

baddboygeorge
06-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Whats next is i am buying a new set online an i will return the ones missing the parts, remember business is business an i tried to handle it the correct way an neither party wants to make it rite so i will get it corrected this way!!Thanks for all the responses an it was nice to vent my frustrations! thanks george

TeeBox
08-26-2006, 12:00 PM
I have purchased a Blower rack and a lift gate assist and have had no problems with missing parts....Also when I installed my lift gate assist and had a question I called trimmer trap and there customer service was very helpful and friendly. When I ordered I ask the dealer to have the product sent directly to me from trimmer trap...

delphied
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Im happy to have ran across this thread. I get a kick out of the people mad at manufacturers but if I were to mention dickering with a dealer, they all want to give the dealer full price and oh hes so nice and I want to make sure he stays in business. Kootchie Koo. You guys are too funny!

goodgreen
08-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for making it easer for me to decide. I'm currently considering different vendors for trimmer racks. Good customer service is imperative in this industry...