PDA

View Full Version : Toro 21" mower

jerseydevil
06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
I ahvea n older TORO 21" bagger that has been cleaned up and restored. I have it running now and the throttle is out of adjustment. The model/serial numbers are all gone. It's an older model I'm sure but it uses a champion RC12YC spark plug on either a Suzuki or Kawasaki engine. It has a BBC and a rear bail for the traction control. What is the best way to adjust the throttle control cable so that choke is choke and the rabbit is full and the turtle is slow and the kill switch is off?????? Any suggestions aare greatfully accepted.:usflag:

dutch1
06-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Post your model and serial number and we may be able to help you out.

jerseydevil
06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Dutch. As I stated the model/serial # are gone off of it??????? I'm trying to find an old manual to help?????:drinkup:

Jim@MilkyWay
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
You're joking, right
No model, no serial, no codes?
"FPFT" (Fourth Post From Top) of this forum spells it out.:hammerhead:

Jim@MilkyWay
06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
:) Sorry.
Lost my head there for an instant.

dutch1
06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Since you don't have any numbers, can you tell me about the air filter. Is it on the left side of the engine, made of foam 1.5X1.5X6? If so it is likely a Suzuki, although a Suzuki 4 stroke uses a Champion RN9YC. Toro(as best that I can recall) didn't put Kawasaki on anything but the commercial push and it used an RN11YC4 as I recall. If indeed it does use an RC12YC, it is likely a Briggs/Suzuki clone or a later Briggs. I'll try to do a little research.

Regardless of the engine, unless linkages have been changed of course, if you loosen the cable clamp, then set control handle to full choke(making sure that the choke butterfly is closed) then tighten the clamp all other ranges should be okay.

Dutch

dutch1
06-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Back with a little research. You might want to go to www.toro.com and look at the following models to help identify what you have. Once you get on their website you can go to parts search.

Model 20438 is a Briggs/Suzuki OHV clone, which I understand Briggs got into a little hotwater over patent infringments.

Model 20526 is a Suzuki OHV .

Model 20787 is a later Briggs OHV.

If you look at the engine assemblies you can get a better idea of what model and year that you may have. Once you have that nailed down you may find a service manual available.