PDA

View Full Version : Blade Blockers

Jpocket
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I just orederd a Trimmer trap Blade Blocker. We do ALOT of highend residentials, and im tired of pppl. calling about clippings in the beds after we spent mins. blowing them out.

Question is you guys that have them are they any good? Personally I think the one by QUICK _CHUTE looks better, but I got a trimmer Trap.

Please tell me you opinions

dcgreenspro
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
have one for my deere and it works great, i just mounted it a little off. What i mean is that the bb should be equal w/deck at the shut position, not sitting on the outside of it. When that was happeneing it was shooting the clippings out the front of the bb. Also, the mounting screws hang down and knock down some of the discharge.

tgaskill
06-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I went with the EZchute and love it. Even went back and bought one for the other mower. I saw the BB in person on a machine that had been used and was not that impressed with it. Just my 2 cents.

TURF DOCTOR
06-26-2006, 04:24 PM
We run them on all of the mowers walkbehinds and riders they work for us trimmertrap is what we bought j-thomas was one in there books that looks similar to a trimmer trap:confused:

TLS
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
They look OK, but the control rod that sticks out the rear would hinder my trimability on the discharge side.

I tuck in tight on that back curve of the deck.

The idea is a good one, but they were forced to make it work in conjunction with the stock chute.

Richard Martin
06-26-2006, 06:28 PM
The one on my Dixie works very well. Zero complaints after over 2,000 hours. It even comes with a detachable lip for extra confinement of mulched leaves in the fall. The reason I mention the Dixie Chopper unit is someone with just a little fabricating skills could probably adapt it to many other mowers.

DLCS
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
The one on my Dixie works very well. Zero complaints after over 2,000 hours. It even comes with a detachable lip for extra confinement of mulched leaves in the fall. The reason I mention the Dixie Chopper unit is someone with just a little fabricating skills could probably adapt it to many other mowers.

Richard,

How much are the Dixie Chopper OCDC's? I've alwsy thought about doing that but figured they would be kinda pricey. Anyone have one they want to sell, pm me.

kc2006
06-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I made an electric on with a button on the control stick. I didnt like any of the manual ones that are sold because on some of my properties I have to open and close the dang chute probably 20-25 times. So that would mean steering with one hand and getting alittle squirrely on the control or slowing down 20-25 times. The electric one I made is nice because I dont skip a beat. A company used to make them, I basicly copied their design. If you can still get them, that'd be the way to go.

driver5
06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
ez chute the way to go . i researched em all... ez chute all the way.