PDA

View Full Version : I Found IT!!!

Gatewayuser
06-26-2006, 10:38 PM
I have finally found the mower that I want it is the Wright 52" Stander.
I could not believe how fast you can get done with one, cut was great, compact size and overall great design. I think the LCO was wandering why I parked where he was mowing and started to watch but I just could help it I was in pure amazement.
I will go demo one shortly.
The only question that I have is are they comfortable because both of my W/B with sulkys are killing my knees.

topsites
06-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't know for sure, but I've learned to stand a little bit tippy-toed on the sulky and slightly bend my knees for that extra comfort that only double-wishbone suspension provides :)

cochino12
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I have finally found the mower that I want it is the Wright 52" Stander.
I could not believe how fast you can get done with one, cut was great, compact size and overall great design. I think the LCO was wandering why I parked where he was mowing and started to watch but I just could help it I was in pure amazement.
I will go demo one shortly.
The only question that I have is are they comfortable because both of my W/B with sulkys are killing my knees.

No comfort problems with my 48" stander, big bumps hurt but I cant imagine they would feel better on a ztr though. It's not only productive but it's kind of a kick to drive around too. Good luck on your purchase. Are you using a gate way mower?

Gatewayuser
06-26-2006, 11:18 PM
No comfort problems with my 48" stander, big bumps hurt but I cant imagine they would feel better on a ztr though. It's not only productive but it's kind of a kick to drive around too. Good luck on your purchase. Are you using a gate way mower?

Yes I have a gateway and a 48" bobcat both of which I like but they are killing my knees.
I am looking to really expand next year more towards lawn care and maintenance and less towards landscape installs. I also want to have more commercial and estate properties. Right now I am about half and half. I would like to double the commercial jobs that I have and go from average of 2 1/2 -10 acres to 10-20acres. I also would like to run 1 resd truck and one commercial truck crew and already have the management trained for that and have most of the equipment for it to be possible. The wright stander I believe would help make this a reality.

wski4fun
06-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Awsome mower. I have the 48 inch standerd. For the acres you will be doing, 10-20, I would look into the sentars. They are the sit down models. Or look into the scag sit downs.

ALarsh
06-27-2006, 12:55 AM
10-20 acres? Get a Z... Unless you plan on using the Stander for the smaller resi's.

jwscroll
06-27-2006, 04:37 AM
The only drawback that I can think of is it's a tough machine to get over a curb, and after riding it for a couple of hours I get a pain in the ribs like someone punching or poking in the same spot.

ThirdDay
06-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Get a compact Z rider instead of the Stander. They do everything the Stander can do for the most part and are way more comfortable in the long run. Get a suspension seat for your Z rider!

Much less fatigue equals more productivity.

Gatewayuser
06-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Get a compact Z rider instead of the Stander. They do everything the Stander can do for the most part and are way more comfortable in the long run. Get a suspension seat for your Z rider!

Much less fatigue equals more productivity.

The only problem with the ZTR is that I have cemeteries one 3 acre and a 8 acre and they are very unproductive there. Also a lot of my properties are hilly so that would be a problem too.