PDA

View Full Version : Honda HRC 216 Drive shaft Problem.

greenscapes,inc.
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
I own seven HRC 216, they are all about 3 or 4 years old. Out of the seven I have one running. I have had problems with the drive shaft coming disconnected causing the self propel not to work. These mowers take a beating but they have become a hassle for me because the nearest honda dealer is about 75 miles away. Has anyone else had problems with the drive shafts? And if so does anyone know if this problem has been fixed?

jsf343
06-27-2006, 12:42 AM
I have ran them for 6 years without any trouble. Is your wheels locking up? that is the only trouble I have had, I just took a plastic mallet and did the wonder move. (hit the wheels to knock them back in a bit) for some reason they wanted to ease out every now and then. That honestly has been the only real drive trouble I have had. You may try talking with Jim Lewis (on this site) he runs a ton of Hondas and may have something on that. Just a guess though. Jeff

Dallas Turf
06-27-2006, 01:03 AM
I own seven HRC 216, they are all about 3 or 4 years old. Out of the seven I have one running. I have had problems with the drive shaft coming disconnected causing the self propel not to work. These mowers take a beating but they have become a hassle for me because the nearest honda dealer is about 75 miles away. Has anyone else had problems with the drive shafts? And if so does anyone know if this problem has been fixed?

Order some spare driveshafts and pins and retainer clips and keep them on the truck. Once the knuckle pops out they need to be replaced. I ran them for several years and they needed a driveshaft at least once per year.

Or you could buy a belt drive toro and not have to change the belt for 2-3 years.

lawnboy dan
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM
put a hose clamp around the shaft coupler-this was the pin cant come out. i have the same problems with my honda. this fixes it