PDA

View Full Version : who's gonna give it a shot tomorrow?

dcgreenspro
06-27-2006, 12:26 AM
the great northeast is getting pounded by some much deserved rain, is anybody gonna try cutting tomorrow?

topsites
06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Depends what this looks like tomorrow (yes it changes):

http://weather.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.74rcm/AR.conus/latest.gif

jt5019
06-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Im going for it in connecticut .. with the chance of more rain wednesday and maybe thursday i have to get out there as much as possible or some people will be having long grass for cookouts this weekend.

cessnasovereign
06-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm gonna try. I got rained out today for the first part of the day then never did get started after it cleared up even though I should have.. Hopefully it would hold off down here in NC!

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:15 AM
got started about 8:00 started raining about 2:00, 3/4 of the way threw my monday schedule. It started raining when I was half threw my biggest account of the day......here comes the wife of the residence wearing a raincoat w/ umbrella in hand she starts flaring her arms up and down to get my attention....so I stop get off mower walk over to her...she says can you finish tommorow when its not raining.I started to respond and here comes the husband in his suv driving across the yard, he pulls up and says sorry my wife is bothering you......get in honey........she gets in.........he rolls the window up...........45 seconds go..........he rolls the window..........you've been doing a great job this year......I'll give you a 50.00 tip......sorry to stop your progress especially in these conditions.............rolls window up pulls away..........I finish the account load mowers up get in truck...and theres a
fifty dollar bill on my seat....:cool2: :cool2:

dcgreenspro
06-27-2006, 01:17 AM
that might be the coolest thing i have ever heard a client doing for someone. Nice

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:17 AM
got started about 8:00 started raining about 2:00, 3/4 of the way threw my monday schedule. It started raining when I was half threw my biggest account of the day......here comes the wife of the residence wearing a raincoat w/ umbrella in hand she starts flaring her arms up and down to get my attention....so I stop get off mower walk over to her...she says can you finish tommorow when its not raining.I started to respond and here comes the husband in his suv driving across the yard, he pulls up and says sorry my wife is bothering you......get in honey........she gets in.........he rolls the window up...........45 seconds go..........he rolls the window..........you've been doing a great job this year......I'll give you a 50.00 tip......sorry to stop your progress especially in these conditions.............rolls window up pulls away..........I finish the account load mowers up get in truck...and theres a

yup gonna mow tommorrow

tthomass
06-27-2006, 01:20 AM
i left a 5gallon bucket in the back of my truck and we had 6.5" in it.........northern VA @ Dulles Airport

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:20 AM
cessnasovereign, where in pa you from

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:23 AM
I mean dcgreenpro where in pa you from

cessnasovereign
06-27-2006, 01:24 AM
cessnasovereign, where in pa you from
Wrong person.. I'm in NC here......

Camaro99SS
06-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Back when I was mowing yards I would always get started if it wasn't already raining. Sometimes I'd get lucky and make it through the day without a drop, and sometimes I would be soaked halfway through and have to quit after finishing an account.

I'd go for it unless it's raining when you wake up. Who knows, you just may luck out and come away with a nice tip from a happy customer. :laugh:

Jason

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:29 AM
if I made 50.00 tip every time I had to mow in the rain.....I would get 50.00 dollars every time it rained this year so far, always get caught in it

garth1967
06-27-2006, 02:24 AM

that my friend is the perfect customer .look after them thats for sure its good to here about these people they are out there .sometimes all we here about are the PITA'S of this world :waving:

Jpocket
06-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Hell we gave it a shot today.....had to come home at 11:00 STILL HAVEN't finshed Mondays route, let alone Tuesday. Looks like im gonna have to give up HALF my 4th of July Weekend.