PDA

View Full Version : in search of a new 60'

tipp
06-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I have had a small mowing business for almost 4 years now. I have a 3 acre property of my own and about 15 or 16 lawns that I do when I am not teaching during the school year. I have an Exmark with about 4,000 hours on it. It is starting to cut funny. It runs great but I cannot get the bladers to stay even. I am probably going to buy a new mower and wanted some advice on what mowers have the best functionality and are easiest to repair. I do have a John Deere walk behind that is great. Any advice would help. I have a deal rolling on a 60' Hustler Super Z new for 8300.00. also offering the same price on the Bunton. I did find a new John Deere 60' 757 for 7000.00 on the web. Any thoughts. I appreciate it.

smcunningham
06-27-2006, 01:49 AM
hustler all the way

tacoma200
06-27-2006, 02:23 AM
I have had a small mowing business for almost 4 years now. I have a 3 acre property of my own and about 15 or 16 lawns that I do when I am not teaching during the school year. I have an Exmark with about 4,000 hours on it. It is starting to cut funny. It runs great but I cannot get the bladers to stay even. I am probably going to buy a new mower and wanted some advice on what mowers have the best functionality and are easiest to repair. I do have a John Deere walk behind that is great. Any advice would help. I have a deal rolling on a 60' Hustler Super Z new for 8300.00. also offering the same price on the Bunton. I did find a new John Deere 60' 757 for 7000.00 on the web. Any thoughts. I appreciate it.

Well it sounds like it's time for a new mower (4000hrs). I would say Hustler as of now. Wonder why it's cutting funny as you say. If the deck isn't bent you should be able to put new spindles on the deck and it should cut normal again. You could use it as a backup. Test drive the new one before you buy and make sure for the next 4000 hrs you will be happy with your purchase. I found the 27 hp Hustler to be a little week with the big pumps and motors but you may not. Most I've heard seem happier with a bigger engine and at that price I'm guessing you priced a 27 hp or less. Good luck. You'll get alot of response on this one. Make sure your getting the new deck on the Hustler (XR7). They are still selling last years mowers.

tipp
06-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Do you have any in put on the 06 John Deere 757 60'. I am also looking at those.

TLS
06-27-2006, 08:56 PM
A 60 foot mower is a huge mower. :rolleyes:

Stick with a local dealer.

Hustler offers a good product right now. Very well built, simple, and good bang for the buck.

JD offers a good product, yet their engine choices are lacking somewhat.

What engine did your 4K hr Lazer have on it? And was it original?

Palmer'sLS
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM
becasue of the service i have recieved from my hustler dealer, and the help that was recived via this site i would TOTALLY reccomend hustler to you...in my opinion they have the best mower for the least amout of money, but even with money aside, they still have the best mower hands down!!:clapping:

tipp
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
25 hr kawi

lawnspecialties
06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
A 60 foot mower is a huge mower. :rolleyes:

What a stripe, I'll bet!

Seriously, get the Hustler. I've run a Deere and they are good machines. Me personally, I'd buy nothing but Hustlers from now on until someone makes a better machine. Short wheel base, wide wheel base, welded decks, and man! will they scoot!:weightlifter:

rodneyskip
06-28-2006, 12:23 PM
JD offers a good product, yet their engine choices are lacking somewhat.

What engine choice would you think would be best for a deere? If my memory serves me correctly they offer 23, 25, 27, 29, and 31(diesel) hp mowers. Maybe you are looking for a 24, 26, 28, 30, or 32 hp motor???

tcls83
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
"4000 hours on the Exmark"

I liked reading that. I am planning on keeping mine for that long. What engine was in your Exmark??

How about just getting another Exmark??

TLS
06-28-2006, 01:32 PM
What engine choice would you think would be best for a deere? If my memory serves me correctly they offer 23, 25, 27, 29, and 31(diesel) hp mowers. Maybe you are looking for a 24, 26, 28, 30, or 32 hp motor???

Well in a 60" class ZTR, they really only offer a 25 and either the 27 or 29 LC Kawi's (physically the same engine).

No Kohlers, No Vanguards.

So, if your not a Kawi guy, your kinda SOL.

While I think Hustler could improve their offerings (I've heard they will be), they do offer quite a few different choices. (24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30)

Look, I'm not a JD basher. I bled green long before a lot of guys on here were even born! I just feel they (as well as a LOT of other ZTR manufacturers) all have nice products, but for me, the one with the best "package" for me right now is Hustler.

Idealtim
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
the decks on the john deeres are hard to beat but hustler is a overall better machine, go for it.

rodneyskip
06-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Do you have any in put on the 06 John Deere 757 60'. I am also looking at those.

The 757 is a great mower. Ask any John Deere dealer about their guarantee to get you out the door or give you a loaner if you are down.

I like mine and have not found anyone that doesn't like theirs. ALso check resale value (check ebay). You will be surprised how well a JD holds it's value.