PDA

View Full Version : more power for any trimmer. look

milo
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
i had ran out of gas for my trimmers today and i had my can of 2 stroke mix in that i use for my dirt bikes. it is 60% racing gas and 40% 93 octain. so i used that and i could not tell you how much more power it had. then i put some in my stihl 4 mix and wow what a difference in power. i will be running my racing gas mixed with 93 pump gas from now on. the difference in power was like almost double. i am gonna now run like this all the time.. try it.. you get racing gas at any motorcycle shop. it is like $45.00 for 5 gallons and worth it.

nmurph
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
i had ran out of gas for my trimmers today and i had my can of 2 stroke mix in that i use for my dirt bikes. it is 60% racing gas and 40% 93 octain. so i used that and i could not tell you how much more power it had. then i put some in my stihl 4 mix and wow what a difference in power. i will be running my racing gas mixed with 93 pump gas from now on. the difference in power was like almost double. i am gonna now run like this all the time.. try it.. you get racing gas at any motorcycle shop. it is like $45.00 for 5 gallons and worth it.
why don't you do a search on here regarding increasing octane. oh wait, i'll help you.

here's the post

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=120412

bottom line, increased octane does not increase performance, except in specific situations....

lawnboy dan
06-27-2006, 04:39 PM
you will shorten the life of your stuff if you run racing gas in it

kc2006
06-27-2006, 05:26 PM
lead = bad

Thirdpete
06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
nine dollars a gallon?
eff that.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
$2.70 a gallon is high enough, Im not gonna pay 9 bux a gallon............unless all gas reaches 9 bux a gallon every where

wayne

milo
06-27-2006, 11:12 PM
well this higher octain does help these little trimmers. i am going to run 25% racing fule and 75% 93 octaine and 40 to 1 oil in them i am only running them at like 1/4 throttle where before i was at like 1/2 so that will save gas right there.

ThirdDay
06-27-2006, 11:47 PM
You'll be buying new equipment soon.

Dashunde
06-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the idea.
But this is far from smart.
First, who needs tons of power to trim grass? Not me, not you either.
Second, omg the price it rediculous..

Rickco
06-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Octane is the point at which fuel ignites and burns. Higher octane means higher heat. Air cooled engines dispurse heat through the fins on the cylinders and head. Your owners manual recomends what octane to run.Your cooling fins cant remove enough heat to keep the piston and cylender at the right operating temp with higher octane fuels (even 93) in most cases. Higher heat will wear your motor out in a very short time! How long would you keep driving your truck over heated?:hammerhead:

MarcSmith
06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
well this higher octain does help these little trimmers. i am going to run 25% racing fule and 75% 93 octaine and 40 to 1 oil in them i am only running them at like 1/4 throttle where before i was at like 1/2 so that will save gas right there.

so if you run 1 gallon of racing fuel and 3 gallons of 93 octane you are looking at $8 for regular gas and 9 for the racing, you are spending 17 dollars for 4 gallons of gas...or $4.25 for the cocktail blend versus 2.70 a gallon for 93 octane....

you might be getting more power and using less fuel, but in reality you're fuel savings are not going to be offset by the higher price....not to mentionthe hassle....

I always though that 2 stroke engines are designes to run at higher rpms to get better compustion and burn off of the oil to eliminate the buildup. Also they seem to be "happy" running at 3/4 to full throttle...