PDA

View Full Version : F725 jd KAWASAKI 590V WON'T CHARGE

Georgeharry
06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
All of the warning lights came on (oil,temp, and alt.) while machine was running.I checked and it has stopped charging.I have found that the temp. sending unit wire is carrying a little over 8 volts on it when mower is cranked up and running .You can ground this sending unit wire and it will cut the engine off.Any ideals would be welcomed Thank you Georgeharry

khouse
06-27-2006, 11:22 PM
what is the voltage at the battery while running high idle?

Georgeharry
06-28-2006, 12:02 AM
what is the voltage at the battery while running high idle?
Around 12.8.

Georgeharry
06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Around 12.8.
I thought that the sending unit wire was not supposed to carry any voltage .Isn't it only a ground back wire that when the temp unit closes(when overheated ) that it provides a ground that in turn causes the warning light to come on ?Thank you for your interest.Georgrharry

Georgeharry
07-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I thought that the sending unit wire was not supposed to carry any voltage .Isn't it only a ground back wire that when the temp unit closes(when overheated ) that it provides a ground that in turn causes the warning light to come on ?Thank you for your interest.GeorgrharryAny thoughts from anyone ?

Jim@MilkyWay
07-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I can probably interpret and explain the sending unit circuits if someone will send me a link to access the schematics for your machine or really for any machine, as they probably all function in the same manor.

I'll bet you are correct about it simply completing the circuit to ground, as most sending units I have ever seen have only one lead.

khouse
07-05-2006, 10:23 PM
check and clean your ground cable to the chassis. 12.8 volts is just bearly charging. but a bad ground may cause your problems

Georgeharry
07-07-2006, 11:52 PM
check and clean your ground cable to the chassis. 12.8 volts is just bearly charging. but a bad ground may cause your problems
Thank you fellows for the advice.The problem is the charging stator.It sure was doing weird things.