PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 Problem today

Mike33
06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I have 03 6.0 with 90000 miles on it. Had trouble no low end power from new. Since then they re programmed it 4 times not much better. Had turbo and 5 injectors replaced.
Today i was getting some material and it wasent idling right, when i went to pull out it stared smoking blue real bad then went to white smoke. Then it clanged and cluttered like hell shut off. I had a hard time starting but it did but smoked so bad and missed i had tow truck come and tow to ford garage. I havent heard anything yet, has any one had this or make a guess? I hope it is blowing up so i can get a new motor.
Mike

tthomass
06-27-2006, 03:53 PM
www.gm-trucks.com ........go there, helpful forum!

lawnspecialties
06-27-2006, 04:39 PM
www.gm-trucks.com ........go there, helpful forum!

That's cold.

First try ford-trucks.com. Those guys their are really smart on Ford trucks. You can also try thedieselstop.com.

I hate to even say this when a man is down, but those '03 6.0's were terrible. My '05 has been flawless so far. If you can't afford a new one, how about an '03 or '02 7.3L. I had an '01 and aside from the popular cam sensor problem, it was a really good truck. Good Luck.:)

Mike33
06-27-2006, 05:03 PM
That's cold.

First try ford-trucks.com. Those guys their are really smart on Ford trucks. You can also try thedieselstop.com.

I hate to even say this when a man is down, but those '03 6.0's were terrible. My '05 has been flawless so far. If you can't afford a new one, how about an '03 or '02 7.3L. I had an '01 and aside from the popular cam sensor problem, it was a really good truck. Good Luck.:)
Thanks for your concern, talked to dealer this evening they wont get to work on it until tomm. but what i described sounded like white smoke water in cylinder that would give me new engine. Iwas ready to buy soon any way was hoping for the diesel ford is coming out with it couldnt be any worse than 6.0 but now they are not going to release it to late 07-08. With 90,000 on mine ineed a change will not keep it over the 100,000 warranty.
Mike

lawnspecialties
06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your concern, talked to dealer this evening they wont get to work on it until tomm. but what i described sounded like white smoke water in cylinder that would give me new engine. Iwas ready to buy soon any way was hoping for the diesel ford is coming out with it couldnt be any worse than 6.0 but now they are not going to release it to late 07-08. With 90,000 on mine ineed a change will not keep it over the 100,000 warranty.
Mike

Very smart on the warranty thoughts. Get out while the gettin' is good. As for the new stuff for next year (a 6.4L), the '07's I believe will all have to meet the new ultra low sulfur requirements for emissions. To me, that says two things: Bigger prices and bigger first year problems on a new engine. You being the proud owner of an '03 6.0L know that first hand.

tthomass
06-27-2006, 08:16 PM
couldn't resist...........good luck with it, get something as a buffer for the mean time?? a newer used truck w/ warranty if its the 07/08 that you really want to have

lawnmaniac883
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Greyish white smoke = stuck injector dumping fuel into the cylinder.

Mike33
06-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Greyish white smoke = stuck injector dumping fuel into the cylinder.
Thank you,
Mike

Mike33
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Very smart on the warranty thoughts. Get out while the gettin' is good. As for the new stuff for next year (a 6.4L), the '07's I believe will all have to meet the new ultra low sulfur requirements for emissions. To me, that says two things: Bigger prices and bigger first year problems on a new engine. You being the proud owner of an '03 6.0L know that first hand.
Yea, but the 6.4 wont be out till late 07, Im going to propably buy a o7 this fall. I guess i will go with the 6.0 kicked the v-10 around though. I agree the 6.4 will prob. be a lemon the first year. I have a buddy works at the ford garage mech. not on diesels though said the reason they quit making the 7.3 was because of emissions. Thst was a great engine i had a 00 F-250.
Mike

shortgut
06-27-2006, 11:56 PM
possible head gasket that is a on going job on the Fords right now they unbolt the cab and lift it off the chassis and pull the heads the local Ford shop foreman said that The book gives them 26 hrs to replace the headgaskets on a 6.0 power stroke Good luck and hope that yo are under 100,000 miles that way you will not be out much money just time with out your ride

shortgut
06-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Something you might check out is Chevy has a good deal on 0 percent for 72 months only good till July 5/06 I think

Mike33
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Okey everyone talked to dealer today and it was a o ring on the injector dumping fuel in the cylinder. Getting it back tomm. Thanks everyone for your help and opinion.
Mike