PDA

View Full Version : Got My Quick 36 today....

TAZ
06-27-2006, 07:51 PM
First of all I would like to say thanks for the folks here at lawn site. Without all the input from the members I would not have considered an internet/mail order purchase of this type.

I have only really used 21” push types, Lawn garden tractors and my trusty 60” ZTR Toro. I was really impressed with the little quick. It handles really easy. The only time you really have to apply some muscle is on side hills the rest is cake. I was also impressed with the maneuverability of this machine. Got into allot of tight area’s that I was skeptical about. Mulches well considering how wet the grass is here now.

Gary and the folks at Better couldn’t be nicer. The Machine arrived at my door in 2 business days from ordering. They answered all my questions very honestly from what I can see after receiving and using the machine.

I will attach a few pics as I know the question of striping with this mower comes up frequently. Here are some from the first cut with the machine today. These were as uncrated. I had the cut height set by better to 3", put gas in it and cut....

TAZ
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
another..........

TAZ
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
last one .....

Rickco
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Where's the Pics of the mower?

WJW Lawn
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Taz....looking good!! My Samurai will hopefully be on my door step Thursday. Very excited to try this thing out for myself!!! Good luck

WJW Lawn
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Yea...show us the Mower!

Scotts' Yard Care
06-27-2006, 08:12 PM
How tough would it be to design a simple braking system for each wheel? I understand this machine steers by armstrong:)

TAZ
06-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Where's the Pics of the mower?
Kinda hard to take one in action with one person... I have a few on the camera. I will post them after I get a chance to download them.... Nothing special though. Just a Q36 SuperFox

-TAZ

TAZ
06-27-2006, 08:18 PM
How tough would it be to design a simple braking system for each wheel? I understand this machine steers by armstrong:)

I dunno.... didn't pay it much attention. I could zero turn it very easily. The only place that would come into play IMO is on the side hills. Something to remember is that the wheelbase is allot less than other units so the about of weight way out front is less. The mass is closer to the rear wheels. I was surprizedhow easily I could get in and out of tight spots.

-TAZ

lawncare18
06-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Im expecting my super fox tommm !! Did you get the sulky wiht yours or the stripe kit or are those stripes with out any striping kit? Also one more question does the machine cut prety fast? and cut throught tall grass ok without boging down?

TAZ
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Im expecting my super fox tommm !! Did you get the sulky wiht yours or the stripe kit or are those stripes with out any striping kit? Also one more question does the machine cut prety fast? and cut throught tall grass ok without boging down?

Well..... considering that I just got it at 1:00pm today I can't really give you an accurate answer there. I would ask some of the other guys that question that have been running the quicks for a while.

I was mulching and taking off a bit more than I probably should and the motor never bogged. I was not going all that fast though as I was not used to the machine yet. We have had a boat load of rain and just got another 3/4" last night so the conditions were moist. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

No sulky... I need the exercise ;) No stripe kit was used. The unit was as shipped running the mulch kit.

-TAZ

lawncare18
06-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Nice... seems like it stripes very nice... cant wate to get mine tomm. Is it ready to go out of the wooden crate?

WJW Lawn
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Nice... seems like it stripes very nice... cant wate to get mine tomm. Is it ready to go out of the wooden crate?

Hey lawncare18...did you get the super fox or Samurai?? Ive got a Samurai coming on Thursday....Im pumped! :dancing:

lawncare18
06-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Just went with the super fox... I dont do lawncare full time do about 7 side lawns for enjoyment/ little extra money... I am a assistant golf course superintendent full time. I cant wate, these things seem to be selin like hot cakes... seems all of a sudden everyone wants them... All I know is the people at the factory all have been super helpfull and nice in this whole process.. and let me remind you I ordered it mon am and am getting it wens I could not be happier.

WJW Lawn
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Very cool!! Ive heard great things about the Super Fox...and yea I think all their brands are selling like hot cakes. I wanted the Samurai cause I need it for many yards...and I just HAD TO HAVE the 16HP KAW. Yea there customer service is a breath of fresh air...I ordered mine today...should be here soon.

lawncare18
06-27-2006, 09:09 PM
WJW ... best of luck to you... if you guys help me im gona post some pictures of mine to when i am mowing with it. I dont think you get custumer service much anymore and feel thats one of quicks strengths is the custumer dedication and service.

Scotts' Yard Care
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Sounds like this is a very nice machine and even better the company is willing to back it and treat the customer right. Hard to find good service sometime and a breath of fresh air when it happens:)

WJW Lawn
06-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Lawncare18??? Did you get the Super Fox yet??? If so...slam some pics on!

ENDURO
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
If it only has one hydro, how do you steer it when riding on a sulky?

lawncare18
06-28-2006, 07:18 PM
WJW... I have not goten it yet... Its in harisberg pa... I think the flooding down in southern ny pa is holding it up. I really need this machine so am hoping for thursday.. they are telling me it will be in syracuse at mid night tongiht... I sure hope it hurys up!!!!! I will post them though for you.

WJW Lawn
06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh man that stinks!! Well hopefully you will have it tomorrow. Mine is coming around noon...so I'll have to throw up some shots too. I need mine pretty bad too...so I feel you on that.

lawncare18
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
hhaa wjw ... grass is growing like mad... its loving all this rain... I guess the mowers on its way so ill prob pic it up after work tomm pm... sett he height , and hopefully eveyrthing else is ready to go! anyone know if these mowers come set at a certain height?

GPDesign1
06-28-2006, 10:48 PM
As soon as you guys get some pictures using your new Quick 36's, please send them in. We're putting up a page on the website of our family of owners. If you've got trucks or trailers with your logos/phone numbers, send them too!

photos@betteroutdoorproducts.com

Hope you enjoy (and make money with) your new mowers. Let us know if you need anything.

Best,
:drinkup:

Gary
Better/

lawncare18
06-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Gary.. I will send you a lot of pictures. THank you for the great service so far and how fast you got the mower to me!!! It has been a pleasure dealing with you guys !!!

WJW Lawn
06-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Gary...I will send pictures too!! ALSO--Ive dealt with some real crappy customer service over my days...and your staff is AWESOME when it comes to customer service!!! Whoever is in charge of making that happen...needs to know that the entire staff is GREAT!! Take em out...buy em a round!! Great job!!

ragman
07-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm looking to buy a Quick 36 but don't know if I need the 16 HP KAI engine. That model doesn't offer a back-up recoil start which I would like. Is 13 HP ok for 10 -15 yards a week?

lawncare18
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
13 hp is a hog... I would recomend it to anyone... It blows through high grass and has an excelent cut on it.. I cut my yard 2 to 3 times a week just under an acre with it and it leaves it looking picture perfect... Just got the striping kit so I will let you know how it goes.

zim bob the landscaper
07-18-2006, 07:13 PM
awesome stripes. i was gonna get the super fox with the package. with the mulch kit, string trimmer, leaf blower, bag, and bkades. but i dont know what our next purchase will be. i hope its gonna be soon. i think we might get a mini Z hustler. im not sure.:rolleyes:

TAZ
07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm looking to buy a Quick 36 but don't know if I need the 16 HP KAI engine. That model doesn't offer a back-up recoil start which I would like. Is 13 HP ok for 10 -15 yards a week?

I went with the 13 also because I didn't want to mess with the electric start and I didn't feel that I needed it. Mine always fires on the second pull. The Briggs has enough power to cut but I can't say if it's the correct engine for you. Are you planing on pulling a velke? Do you have allot of steep hills? Type of grass and mowing conditions all play a part but from my experinces mulching northern grasses the 13 doesn't whimper at all.

If your questioning comercial durability on the briggs there are allot of pro briggs guys on this forum but I think that the general concensus is that the Kaw has the tenancy to be more durable in the long run. It's simply a choice you have to make.

-TAZ

WJW Lawn
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Good Point...I needed alot of power, plus I do more yards than that so I went with the KAW. But I think a Briggs is a great engine too. I have a trim mower that has been in service for 7 years--it's a Briggs and besides my Quick it's one of the more reliable engines I have.

LarryF
01-05-2007, 12:13 PM
That is.... my Quick 36 came in today. The BOP web site is so complete, I guess everyone already knows what it looks like, so the only picture I'm posting is to show how it's crated. That's just for those of you who are future buyers and wondering what you are in for if you have yours delivered to a local truck terminal. It was a little tricky getting it down from the 4-foot high loading platform at the Roadway terminal to the bed of my trailer, but not a real problem.

As soon as I got it off of my trailer and uncrated, it started to rain, so I hooked up the battery, bolted on the handlebar and ran it around the house a couple of times and then into the garage. Not much of a workout, I guess, but I'll try it out on my hills in a day or two, even if there isn't much grass on them to cut. It certainly feels like a powerful machine.

My thanks to all of you who already own one of these and provided the many positive comments. I don't know if I could have made the decision to get it without them. And for those of you who strongly recommended the Samurai, I took that advice too, so that's what I got even though this one will only be for homeowner use.

Firefighter06057
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey Guys. I just found their product online and it looks good! Anyways, for you guys that have them, is it a good buy overall? I have been working lawn care for years now and have been living and breathing scags. Now I am going solo and looking for a low-priced, reliable mower. Hopefully, the Quick 36 can facilitate my needs. Let me know how it run and handles, especially with the factory sulky. Later.

WJW Lawn
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Great for you Larry F!!! Youre gonna LOVE it! Great machine!! Used mine all season, and will be buying more from them in the future...like that 44 they have coming!!

LarryF
01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I suspect that the Quick 36 I got today is one of the first to be delivered in 2007, and I spent an hour or so paging through the Owner's Manual. On the inside of the front cover is a letter from Gary Patridge that starts with:

"Thanks for Purchasing a Better Outdoor Products Quick 36 or Fast 44 Mower!"

If others have seen those words in their owner's manual, I hadn't heard about it, but there have been discussions here on LawnSite that BOP's next product is expected to be a 44" mower. What I just quoted seems to make it sort of official that the name of that forthcoming 44" mower will, in fact, be "Fast 44".

Matts lawn care
01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
:clapping: Good for you. :clapping: In my manual i found a part that stated Fast 44", i got it in November. I don't think you will Have a problem on the hills. Now lets get some action shots! I will also be adding the Fast 44" this year, i am just hoping to get some increased speed on the 2007 models.

FATWEASEL
01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm looking to purchase a walk behind this year. I called BOP today and talked with Gary. Very nice guy!

He didn't hesitate at all to fill me in on the 44". I won't spill all the beans (mainly because I don't remember everything he said but ......................... the Kawasaki is supposed to be under $3000 and the Briggs is under $2700.

Should be ready by the end of February. I don't know if I should say any more.

I've got a Scag Turf Tiger 61" but need something smaller. I'm going to try to attack some postage stamp yards this year but just can't make myself buy a 36". I'd like to get a Scag w/b but just can't justify the price at this time and I've seen NOTHING but great things about Better Outdoor Products.:weightlifter:

LarryF
01-05-2007, 09:18 PM
:clapping: Good for you. :clapping: In my manual i found a part that stated Fast 44", i got it in November. I don't think you will Have a problem on the hills. Now lets get some action shots! I will also be adding the Fast 44" this year, i am just hoping to get some increased speed on the 2007 models.

Thanks Matt! The weather has been unseasonably warm lately but, nonetheless, I think the local kids will be using my hills for sledding again before I get a chance to mow them with the Samurai.

mountianview
02-06-2007, 11:33 AM
lets keep the quick 36 44 forums going so we can hear about changes with the 07 models for speed etc hows the gas consumption? people that ordered 07 models should be getting there new mowers about now? anything ''new'' information wise on these mowers ? thanks.

vkurt711
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Just ordered my 36" Super Duty. Spoke with Mike and he said they are expecting the motors for this model in late February.:cry: Decks are already built so it should ship soon after the motor arrives.:clapping: Sitting on my hands until then!!!