PDA

View Full Version : Hard starting Redmax blower

dfor
06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I have an older Redmax EB6200 backpack blower. It starts ok when I am at the first customers house. Once the blower warms up, it gets difficult starting it. (outside temp doesn't affect it at all) I have to choke it with the throttle in just the right spot. Then let off the choke and once it catches, feather the choke till its able to go. New fuel filter didn't help. Fuel lines??? Thanks for any suggestions.

MowerMedic77
06-27-2006, 08:14 PM
How do the fuel lines look and feel? If its an older blower I would replace them its an inexpensive repair and good insurance if you are going to keep running the blower. Once you get it running spray some carb spray around the carb/ insulator block and the cylinder gasket make sure no air leaks then I would say because of the age it may be time for a carb tear down and inspection of the diaphragm gasket and needle lever.

General Grounds
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
:hammerhead: sounds like a bad ignition coil, they usually act up when hot. does the problem go away when the blower has had a chance to cool?

ed2hess
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Sounds like any 2 stroke that is set on the lean side. All of our Echo units start exactly like that....but they do have an adjustment valve that can be usde to compensate for temperature differences.

dfor
07-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Fuel lines seem ok. Might as well replace them anyway and see if it helps. Once I start the day, the blower only cools down for an hour at the most between jobs. And it's still finicky.

J&R Landscaping
07-03-2006, 01:17 PM
How does it run when it does run? Sounds like you might need either a new carb or new diaphrams in the carb. Those ignition copils have a lifetime warranty and they seem to be very dependable IMO. How many hours does the blower have on it? Is the exhaust screen clean?

dfor
07-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Runs fine. Seems like it MIGHT be down on power, maybe 15% (but that could just be in my head, hearing about all these big and powerful new blowers). No muffler screen, took it out.