PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 06 60' 757 Thoughts?

tipp
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
What problems have any of you encountered with the 06 JD 757.

MMLawn
06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
ZERO. I bought two of them and have not had one issue......well we did get a screw in the side of one of the tires :laugh:

tipp
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM
you have an 06?

TLS
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Some of their specs on paper don't compare well with other brands.

One biggie in particular is the 9.5gal fuel capacity.

Another would be 9mph top speed.

And the rather narrow front caster tires.

With all that you have to be satisfied with 25hp.

MMLawn
06-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Some of their specs on paper don't compare well with other brands.

One biggie in particular is the 9.5gal fuel capacity.

Another would be 9mph top speed.

And the rather narrow front caster tires.

With all that you have to be satisfied with 25hp.

Yeah know, funny how everytime someone post about JD Z's here you are to bash them. First you were the local eXmark rah, raher even had them for your avatar....then you recently bought Hustler, so now you are the local Hustler Rah, raher and have now switched to them for your avatar.

As to those specs,if a fuel tank that is .5-2.0 gallons smaller than your Hustler, and a VERY tiny difference in the friggin castor wheels is ALL you can b!tch about :sleeping: and we won't even talk about how fast you can actually properly cut, so "topend speeds" are crap in the real picture (if they were Dixie would spank your Hustlers azz) , and because as you well know, can get larger engines with the 60" deck via the 777 and 797....JUST LIKE with Hustlers different models that point is not valid......so then seems you aren't much of fact a rah-raher :laugh: :laugh:

So is bashing other brands, esp JD your personal mission on LS? Hell, I love JD and will talk them up in a minute cause they are GREAT MOWERS, but you won't find me butting in and bashing, say HUSTLER...or Toro or eXmark or any other brand when folks ask about them. Maybe you should try it. ;)

TLS
06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey Mikey....pipe down there. :hammerhead: :nono:

I "rah" whatever is the best machine for me. :clapping:

Someone asks what people's "THOUGHTS" are on a specific mower, I'm going to give them my opinion.

If your going to contradict me...at least get YOUR facts straight.

5 and a half gallons is a BIG difference in fuel capacity. (I've run small and big...I know this)

1.5" wider caster tires makes a BIG difference. (I've run both...I know this)

Speed is a BIG positive. (Once again, I've run both...I know this)

Just pointing out some specs as Tipp (practically a neighbor) is looking to compare mowers.

Raymond S.
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I have an '06 757 bought this year. So far so good. Plenty of power, great cut. I have a walkout and it has plenty of power to climb the hill and cut at the same time. Are you going to cut wide open up hill and not lose power? Absolutely not. Are you going to have plenty of power to maintain a great cut and a decent speed, YES. As for flat land, cut as fast as you want to and still keep your ass in the seat. Haven't found thick enough grass to slow it down yet. As for the speed, it tops at 10mph not 9. And as for the 9.5 gallon tank, the 757 burns 1gallon/hour at top load, although I'm not a commercial guy, common sense would tell me that for a LONG 12-15hour day, mowing nonstop, you fill up in the morning before you leave the shop, throw a 5gallon can, 2 if you want to be safe, and you're set. I would venture to say however that most people don't MOW more than 9hours in a day. So 1 fillup/day should be fine.
Overall, all is well w/ me and my 757. I'll let the commercial guys duke it out now...:hammerhead:

Shady Brook
06-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I demod a 757 with the 7 iron II deck. It cut clean and vacumed great in very damp conditions. The deck did not build up much at all, and never clumped when most mowers would have blown chunks. It would cut very tall unkept grass amazingly well. I was impressed by the cut of the machine. It did feel a bit clumsy compared to my Super Z's. I also thought the 25hp engine bogged fairly easy. I did not really see any quality of cut problems when she bogged, but it did seem like a few more hp's would have been better. I bet the fuel injected beast would be very nice. I had trouble hiding the grass when dischargeing. In thick grass it would cut clean but would wind row into a narrow line with alot of buildup where my Super Z's seem to disperse over a greater area. I am not trying to slam the 757 as I think it has some strong points. Perhaps the bigger engine models would be even better. I think it would be a great mower for bagging or in wet locations as it does not clump and cuts very clean.

Good luck

TLS
06-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Oopps....

I just caught a typo I made above.

Should read 9.5mph, not 9.

Raymond, I don't know many 60" ZTR's capable of 1gal/hr at top load. Possibly a diesel, or maybe an EFI, but almost certainly not a 25hp Kawi.

MMLawn
06-27-2006, 10:50 PM
We get about 8 hours from a full 9.5 gal tank which for nearly everyone is a full day or even more than a full day of mowing, once trimming, edging and drive time is factored into each work day.

procut
06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm in the middle of a four week demo on a '06 757. Very nice machene. It has a very good quality of cut. It doesn't discharge with the velocity that some other machenes do, but works fine in most conditions. In the three weeks I've had it, not a single problem.

TLS
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Four week demo....Whats the catch?

procut
06-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Four week demo....Whats the catch?
Field test for Turf Magazine.

TLS
06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
............nice...........

poonero
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
i had a 757 on demo at the beginning of the season and chose to by the 06 777. for most of the reasons that have already been mentioned. my advice would be to demo both if you have the opportunity. the 777 is longer, wider and stronger... like my schmeckel.

rodneyskip
06-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm in the middle of a four week demo on a '06 757. Very nice machene. It has a very good quality of cut. It doesn't discharge with the velocity that some other machenes do, but works fine in most conditions. In the three weeks I've had it, not a single problem.

IF something discharges with much more velocity than the 7-iron II deck- I don't want it. I traded in my '06 757 for one with the MOD deck just so I wouldn't be discharging with so much force into mulched beds.

deereman
06-29-2006, 12:28 AM
I think that you would like the 757 Z-Trak, we sure like ours as I've stated on here way more than one time! Go Green.....and you'll see what we mean!

valleylawn79
09-05-2006, 12:13 AM
ZERO. I bought two of them and have not had one issue......well we did get a screw in the side of one of the tires :laugh:
i hear the same things m m are sayiong; cut quality is good and little down time; and great dealer support mr mm i imstant messaged you cincerning a problem with my ztrak; any help? could use advice thanks valley lawn

jsf343
09-05-2006, 12:23 AM
IF something discharges with much more velocity than the 7-iron II deck- I don't want it. I traded in my '06 757 for one with the MOD deck just so I wouldn't be discharging with so much force into mulched beds.

Sweet thread, I will be demoing the m.o.d. in 2 weeks. I believe it was the 757. How is the ride? I have been bounced around in a few other models recently tested. (very dry up here right now though, and they were not JD) Do you ever bag? I will be testing with a bagger, curious if anyone else has any luck with them. Never been on a deere before so I am anxious to try it out!

tacoma200
09-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Couldn't get enough discharge velocity/dispersion for me, I like it. I know how to keep it out of the mulch. 2-3 deck withs is the minimal I would want as far as discharge. Everyone has different needs. So many great mowers out there, so little time.

par69
09-05-2006, 01:04 AM
I just bought the 757 MOD. I love it. I did have a problem with the wiring that goes from the ignition to the starter. It runs next to the seat and it shorted out the fuse. They fixed it. They wanted to charge me $80 to pick it up. I was not happy about that. I have had it since August.

jsf343
09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I just bought the 757 MOD. I love it. I did have a problem with the wiring that goes from the ignition to the starter. It runs next to the seat and it shorted out the fuse. They fixed it. They wanted to charge me $80 to pick it up. I was not happy about that. I have had it since August.

Where did you buy it? do you ever bag with it? how does it cut in wet conditions? may I ask what you got it for? (if you don't mind sharing) how is the ride?

par69
09-05-2006, 01:47 AM
I bought it for $10,300 about. I got the seat kit for it. It rides good. I have not had it long enough to know how it does in the rain. Been very dry. I do not ever bag the grass. I mulch and blow. Hopfully not much blowing with the mulch on demand.

tacoma200
09-05-2006, 01:50 AM
I bought it for $10,300 about. I got the seat kit for it. It rides good. I have not had it long enough to know how it does in the rain. Been very dry. I do not ever bag the grass. I mulch and blow. Hopfully not much blowing with the mulch on demand.Can you get a full suspension seat or just a kit to convert the regular seat?

Envy Lawn Service
09-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I think rather or not you will love the Deeres or laugh at them depends on where you are at and what your cutting conditions are. So the only way for you to find out is to go try one. What do you have to loose.

Me personally, I tried them...

665 x 1 demo
757 x 2 demos

My impression of them was very similar to this...
Except I wasn't able to achieve a clean enough cut...
And I did get some clumps... but those were the orginal 7 Iron...

I demod a 757 with the 7 iron II deck. It cut clean and vacumed great in very damp conditions. The deck did not build up much at all, and never clumped when most mowers would have blown chunks. It would cut very tall unkept grass amazingly well. I was impressed by the cut of the machine. It did feel a bit clumsy compared to my Super Z's. I also thought the 25hp engine bogged fairly easy. I did not really see any quality of cut problems when she bogged, but it did seem like a few more hp's would have been better. I bet the fuel injected beast would be very nice. I had trouble hiding the grass when dischargeing. In thick grass it would cut clean but would wind row into a narrow line with alot of buildup where my Super Z's seem to disperse over a greater area. I am not trying to slam the 757 as I think it has some strong points. Perhaps the bigger engine models would be even better. I think it would be a great mower for bagging or in wet locations as it does not clump and cuts very clean.

Good luck

par69
09-05-2006, 01:58 AM
It converts the regular seat.

jsf343
09-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info Par. I'll be interested in seeing for myself how well it does.

mr.glenn
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
i have an 05 jd and a 06 hustler. it is as simple as this, the jd provides a better quality cut, clippings are finer, a far superior machine when cutting higher quality lawns. the hustler is faster, smoother, and throws clippings halfway across the yard. so i use jd in nice yards and hustler on rough overgrown yards. this is while running high lift blades on both. with mulch kits installed the jd is clearly the winner.