PDA

View Full Version : Lco's Following You......

Sandgropher
06-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a friend that was mowing lawns the other day and at the end of the day got a couple of phone calls from his customers saying that after he finished another LCO knocked on the door and offered to do the lawns for half price next time ( with out knowing the price) one lady played along and asked a bunch of questions insurance? (ABN no. aussie business no.) she got his ABN. turns out its his mobile telephone no., my friend noticed the bloke parked further up the street a couple of times, what would you do now??? :confused:

Thirdpete
06-27-2006, 08:37 PM
nothing, what can you do? obviously he has no tact regarding things like that so a civilized talk wont get you far. just let it be. the customers willing to leave over half price, let em go. not worth it.

HenryB
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
In my neck of the woods, one would have to open a can of woop@ss! Tony Soprano style.

Sandgropher
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes i don't think it would help talking to the guy? As if he can do that he will not listen i suppose, so i guess all he will do is wait and see if he still has a business to run in the next week all two, he thinks a lot will stay with him but half price may be tempting.:cry:

Jpocket
06-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Keep servicing your accounts....Fight the competiton with good marketing.

TheKingNJ
06-27-2006, 09:52 PM
i'd beat his ass.

Sandgropher
06-27-2006, 10:09 PM
i'd beat his ass.

Yes i think most of of us would, but is this guy doing any thing illegal not sure if you are allowed to follow some one, could this be stalking? i guess photographers follow celebrities all day ? so may be its not ?

K.Carothers
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
i'd beat his ass.

I like this man.

kc

oldturf
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
follow him home and have a discussion with him off his property and let nature take its course.

TheKingNJ
06-27-2006, 10:39 PM
could also start hounding his customers, offering them superior service, insurance and professionalism for a slightly higher price.

Sandgropher
06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
could also start hounding his customers, offering them superior service, insurance and professionalism for a slightly higher price.

From what my friend says he hasnt seen him before so his idea of getting into lawn care could be following other LCO'S all day, he prob dosn't have any of his own clients yet, my friend is very timid so will not be confronting this guy on the street in the near furture :(

topsites
06-27-2006, 10:58 PM
LOL maybe you know a few really rough lots you can go do as 'community service,' I would definitely start servicing the whole slew of your most pita yards when he's following (especially underpriced ones), maybe an abandoned house or two or perhaps you can lead him down a long, narrow dirt road for a few miles... thou this last one takes a bit of nerve, the next one does not:

A favorite of mine is to lead them into one of those neighborhoods that's a real trick to get out of, and just start driving around, and around, and around... On that note, I really enjoy block circling, it wastes some time but just keep going around the same block over and over, and over and over again, and if they're still behind you, do it some more just keep circling the same block, plan on doing it 10 or 20 or 50 times, whatever it takes LOL.

Another one I've done when I see someone following is I find a cul-de-sac but this only works when they're following closely... I get them up in there and as I turn around, I just start to pull back out as they pull in to the dead end to turn around, I then angle the truck and trailer clear across the whole street (blocking all pavement), shut it down and get out to go ask them if I can be of assistance.

No weapons, no tools, I really just want to know if I can be of any help.

I have never gotten a straight answer out of any followers... They all start to looking really scared and nervous, and every last one of them has taken a BIG chance by taking their car around my outfit into the turf / dirt to get out of there.

In short, ensure it is not worth their time to follow you.

Not too many follow me anymore.

jsf343
06-27-2006, 11:04 PM
In my neck of the woods, one would have to open a can of woop@ss! Tony Soprano style.

hahahahahahah:laugh: I hear ya!!

jsf343
06-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I would do the same thing. 2 can play that little game. heheheh

6'7 330
06-27-2006, 11:09 PM
I just pull them over and say hello and invite them to a Caber toss event.

K.Carothers
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I just pull them over and say hello and invite them to a Caber toss event.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

YOUR HIRED!

kc

Sandgropher
06-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Heres my idea i am going to tell my friend to put the guy into the taxation dept and social secrutity dept, we have his phone no. his ABN no. is false (gave lady false no. turned out to be tel no.) and when he follows he should ring me and i will follow and get licence plate and may be even get his address, fight fire with fire i say alls fair in love and war, this guys spent ten years building up a round and should fight back, the other option is putting nails on his lawns (these stop our mowers in they tracks ie cylinder mowers) i should stress that i am not the one being followed i play at the dirty end of the playing field if thats where they wish to play, but we will not go into that theres to many ladys and kiddies around, p.s you need an ABN no. if you are in business in Aussie and must put on invoices.

Freddy_Kruger
06-27-2006, 11:58 PM
How do you know its an owner? maybe its some labourer trynig to do side jobs.

edit: I read some more posts, I didn't know this following around thing was a big deal.

General Landscaping
06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Let him cut my yard, and lock him inside the fence.
TIME TO TALK:hammerhead:

The line is drawn with the fake ABN

Sandgropher
06-28-2006, 01:03 AM
How do you know its an owner? maybe its some labourer trynig to do side jobs.

edit: I read some more posts, I didn't know this following around thing was a big deal.

Yes he could be a labourer, he certainly has balls to do it, it seems common from what Top Sites is saying but is the first time i have heard of it here, it would be easier to advertise in the paper i reckon and charge full price.

If he picks the wrong guy to follow he might live to regret it, we dont have guns but we do have base ball bats and not every guy is a sugar plum fairy.:laugh:

Howie's Lawn Care
06-28-2006, 01:49 AM
This is the best advice I can give your friend.

PUT HIM IN A FUNERAL HOME WITH A BULLET IN HIS DOME?

It's a slightly modified verse from the Dr. Dre and Ice Cube song, "Natural Born Killers (http://www.lyriczz.com/lyriczz.php?songid=8332)".

It will solve THIS problem for sure. At least read the lyrics. I think they are clever and I have provided a link above.

Post Script: Please don't let this result in a murder. I ain't done time for a murder yet and don't want to be involved with one.

I really must go now.

-Nick Howard

garth1967
06-28-2006, 02:03 AM
I have a friend that was mowing lawns the other day and at the end of the day got a couple of phone calls from his customers saying that after he finished another LCO knocked on the door and offered to do the lawns for half price next time ( with out knowing the price) one lady played along and asked a bunch of questions insurance? (ABN no. aussie business no.) she got his ABN. turns out its his mobile telephone no., my friend noticed the bloke parked further up the street a couple of times, what would you do now??? :confused:

i would say knock yourself out......plus i would say to them 'they think they can do this because they are mojos.....anyway you know the schpeal:cool2:

Sandgropher
06-28-2006, 02:20 AM
i would say knock yourself out......plus i would say to them 'they think they can do this because they are mojos.....anyway you know the schpeal:cool2:

I didnt understand any of this Garth :confused: but i am wondering if he is following me now, yesterday i did a clean up and told them i would be back today for the rubbish and its all gone, may be he followed me and offered to take the rubbish away for half price.:laugh: :laugh: nobody was home.

If he starts following us all around in town, we might pass the hat around and bring out the big fella 6ft7 330 he wont need is guns just a quiet word in his ear may see the error of his ways.:laugh: :laugh:

coyotekid
06-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Go to the nearest train track location and stop about 10 feet PAST the tracks and then just throw it in park and wait. :)

If he's as stupid as I think, he's no longer a problem as soon as the next train comes.

If he's slightly more intelligent, he'll just leave you alone. :)

Sandgropher
06-28-2006, 02:28 AM
or get about 20 LCO to follow him around when we next see him, right on his bumper:laugh: :laugh:

stuie
06-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Get his Phone number his biz name (real or imagined) Numberplate and then ring the tax dept.

Then beat his scum sucking behind.

General Landscaping
06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Hire him to do some work in a backyard.

Then rip off all his equipment.

That should take him out of the biz for a while.

TripleD'sInc
06-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Since I do this part-time and my full time job is Law Enforcement I would eventually find this guy and take care of it the old fashion way, a few tickets will put a dent in his pocket and make him think twice about under bidding those who are just trying to make an honest living!!

Rickco
06-28-2006, 08:26 AM
The next time he's following you you should go to your house and mow. Then when he goes to the door,have the wife gladly hire him. On the 3rd or 4th time pull up and park behind him,force him to come to the door and ask to have the car moved. Have a cammera ready to get a picture of the look on his face!

garth1967
06-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Get his Phone number his biz name (real or imagined) Numberplate and then ring the tax dept.

Then beat his scum sucking behind.

now theres an idea........put the wind up him:waving:

Sandgropher
06-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Since I do this part-time and my full time job is Law Enforcement I would eventually find this guy and take care of it the old fashion way, a few tickets will put a dent in his pocket and make him think twice about under bidding those who are just trying to make an honest living!!

This is the best answer that i like so far, find a friendly cop, in Western Australia police will give you a yellow sticker if they think your cars unroad worthy could be just a rip in the seat and you have a week to get it fixed then take it over the pits where the police really go to work poking this and shaking that ,they always find another 20 things wrong with it, or they can give you a red sticker which means you can not drive it and can only be moved with a tow truck, may be we will just ring and say some ones parked on the road watching houses and they may give him one any way.:laugh: :laugh:

Freddy_Kruger
06-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes he could be a labourer, he certainly has balls to do it, it seems common from what Top Sites is saying but is the first time i have heard of it here, it would be easier to advertise in the paper i reckon and charge full price.

If he picks the wrong guy to follow he might live to regret it, we dont have guns but we do have base ball bats and not every guy is a sugar plum fairy.:laugh:
Well in canada here we don't carry guns around but that practice, in the states, would definetly have a shorter life span.