PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Turf Equipment input

Green Grass
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Looking for any type of input on hustler turf equipment good or bad.

FIRESCOOBY
06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Looking for any type of input on hustler turf equipment good or bad.

Good here. Great dealer helps.

nfarr
06-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I have a Hustler Fastrak, 2052 and have about 200 hours on it. I use it to cut about 75 lawns a week. It runs like a top. The only thing I have noticed is that I have to tighten the bolts that hold the back deflecter/shield in place on a regular basis. I recently added the stipe kit and it does a great job. I have had great service from local and national reps.

I will probably be buying a larger super z in the fall for next season.

If I could do it over, I would buy the Super Mini Z with the 52" deck.

tacoma200
06-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a Hustler Fastrak, 2052 and have about 200 hours on it. I use it to cut about 75 lawns a week. It runs like a top. The only thing I have noticed is that I have to tighten the bolts that hold the back deflecter/shield in place on a regular basis. I recently added the stipe kit and it does a great job. I have had great service from local and national reps.

I will probably be buying a larger super z in the fall for next season.

If I could do it over, I would buy the Super Mini Z with the 52" deck.

If that's your only problem your doing great (always lock tite or a lock nut to fix that).

REALSLOW
06-30-2006, 10:30 PM
I bought a 2006 60 XR 7 27 KOHLER Super Z, I have been doing this off and on for 25 years and I am very mechanically inclined. I can walk in take a look at a machine and just tell you where the problems are with a design without even running it. I walked into the Hustler dealer looked the machine over and bought it without even having a sales guy say a word. The Hustler design team have their act together and quality is top notch. I own a 98 Lazer 60 in great shape and the Hustler is a much better product than that. I have 2 complaints 1 MORE POWER the power is good but when you are mowing thick grass fast more power is always a + and the foot pedal could used to be adjustable.

For the money it is in a class by itself! I believe Hustler is building the finest products for the $ right now.

poonero
06-30-2006, 10:35 PM
i like the spoiler.

amtrucker22
06-30-2006, 10:49 PM
We have the 60 inch superZ with a 28 efi. This machine is top notch that cuts really well. Get the fusion blades, they help a lot:weightlifter: ! When our exmark 36 goes we will be looking at the Trimstar. Mowerconsultant is awsome on this site and has helped us a lot :clapping:

Paul

syzer
06-30-2006, 11:07 PM
For the money it is in a class by itself! I believe Hustler is building the finest products for the $ right now.

I agree with this! The customer service fromt eh company is beyond belief!!

mowerman90
06-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I've been mowing since 1989 as my sole source of imcome and have had many machines over the years. My last machine was a Super Z 27/52 and my current machine is a Super Z 28EFI/60. I can honestly say they have been the beswt machines I've ever owned. They're by far the fastest, most productive mowers I've ever owned. They're well designed. It's as though the engineers that designed them actually mowed grass for a living.

ToroLandscaper
06-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I bought a 2006 60 XR 7 27 KOHLER Super Z, I have been doing this off and on for 25 years and I am very mechanically inclined. I can walk in take a look at a machine and just tell you where the problems are with a design without even running it. I walked into the Hustler dealer looked the machine over and bought it without even having a sales guy say a word. The Hustler design team have their act together and quality is top notch. I own a 98 Lazer 60 in great shape and the Hustler is a much better product than that. I have 2 complaints 1 MORE POWER the power is good but when you are mowing thick grass fast more power is always a + and the foot pedal could used to be adjustable.

i do not personally own one but a good friend jst but one....love it but the foot pedal seems a little outa the way or somethin idk....all together great machine...i never thought i would say this but next mower might possibly be a hustler...

REALSLOW
07-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I just fixed the foot pedal today, what a difference. I added a new extension and moved it back and over closer to the foot.

captken
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I just fixed the foot pedal today, what a difference. I added a new extension and moved it back and over closer to the foot.

Whats wrong with the foot pedal?

REALSLOW
07-02-2006, 05:06 PM
If you are long legged it sucks! and it is way out of the way. I always have to mod all of mine on my mowers but this one was in need immediately.

puppypaws
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM

For the money it is in a class by itself! I believe Hustler is building the finest products for the $ right now.You would not believe the difference the 28 (which is a 27 with efi) makes in power I have had two 27's and the 28 efi feels like 30+ in comparison. I cut through thick heavy damp fescue that I use to slow down so the rpm's would stay up on the 27's now the 28 efi goes right through it at a faster speed with very little change in motor sound.

captken
07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
If you are long legged it sucks! and it is way out of the way. I always have to mod all of mine on my mowers but this one was in need immediately.

hmm.

I am 6-0 and it is a perfect fit for me. Do you have pictures of your modification?
kenny.

ps. The Qwikchute door is off to be repaired, the anti-scalping wheel is being replaced, and yes, I lost a cap on my valve stem:laugh:

REALSLOW
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
I can get a EFI motor on Ebay very resonable, when I am talking about power I mean power. One of my midsizes I build will cut grass 3 FT tall. The Hustler's are in need of bigger power plants to cut 2 weeK old grass at a fast speed. It is not their fault the maufactures of motors are lagging behind, the dyno does not lie a 28 EFI has a little more power not alot.

The EFI may be enough for a 60" deck but no way for a 66 or 72 under heavy conditions. The 34 HP diesel would solve it but the machine weighs 1800 LBS to much for alot ofi conditions. THe motor manufactures need to step up to the plate and build some 35 HP high torque engines in the vertic

al shaft variety.

One other falicy is the fuel mileage thing on the EFI they do get better mileage but how much? I talked with an outfit who has been running both EFI 28 and 27 Kohler on same models, they told me with their figures it was around 15% better with the EFI. That is a good savings but these guys who are posting 50 and 100 % give us all a break please!

Even one of the Kohler reps admitted to me the crews on alot of services were mokeying around with the EFI's and screwing them up. He said the engine was truly better than the carburated version but some of the landscape outfits were being forced to go back to carburated because of the crews messing the EFI's up by screwing with them?

REALSLOW
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
hmm.

I am 6-0 and it is a perfect fit for me. Do you have pictures of your modification?
kenny.

ps. The Qwikchute door is off to be repaired, the anti-scalping wheel is being replaced, and yes, I lost a cap on my valve stem:laugh:

I am 6ft5 and real long legged, both my Exmark and John Dere were easier for me to reach but I had to weld on them to. If it work's for you great but what I do to them is weld a heavy duty 90 degree curved tube to them bringing them 4 inches out and about 10 inches long so it is right in front of your foot and way easier to reach when on properties with lots of berms.

I may be able to post a picture, in any event it is a big improvment no missing finding it when you want it in a fraction of a second.

puppypaws
07-02-2006, 11:15 PM
I can get a EFI motor on Ebay very resonable, when I am talking about power I mean power. One of my midsizes I build will cut grass 3 FT tall. The Hustler's are in need of bigger power plants to cut 2 weeK old grass at a fast speed. It is not their fault the maufactures of motors are lagging behind, the dyno does not lie a 28 EFI has a little more power not alot.

The EFI may be enough for a 60" deck but no way for a 66 or 72 under heavy conditions. The 34 HP diesel would solve it but the machine weighs 1800 LBS to much for alot ofi conditions. THe motor manufactures need to step up to the plate and build some 35 HP high torque engines in the vertic

al shaft variety.

One other falicy is the fuel mileage thing on the EFI they do get better mileage but how much? I talked with an outfit who has been running both EFI 28 and 27 Kohler on same models, they told me with their figures it was around 15% better with the EFI. That is a good savings but these guys who are posting 50 and 100 % give us all a break please!

Even one of the Kohler reps admitted to me the crews on alot of services were mokeying around with the EFI's and screwing them up. He said the engine was truly better than the carburated version but some of the landscape outfits were being forced to go back to carburated because of the crews messing the EFI's up by screwing with them?I'm like you and have never seen what I thought was to much power. I can tell a good bit of difference in fuel usage between the 27's I have owned and this new 28 efi just guessing maybe 20 to 25% but the Kohler tech with Chesapeake Engines told me the 30 hp Kohler liked gas and he said there would probably be 30% in fuel savings between it and the 28 efi and the 28 would feel like more hp because it would respond so much faster in heavy mowing.

ToroLandscaper
07-02-2006, 11:37 PM
hmm.

kenny.

it was kinda irratating to me how my foot had to "lean in" to the right

TLS
07-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Man...I think this deck lift fits me just PERFECT. It's not in the way, doesn't interfere with the foot plate lifting up (like it did on my Lazer), doesn't seem to grab as many branches when I'm "eating" trees. Plus, it's BEEFY!

Oh, I'm only 5'8" too.

I have to say though....there isn't much I'd improve on the SuperZ if given a chance. Thats the main reason I chose to buy one. It had the most "things" that pleased me, and least things that didn't.

REALSLOW
07-03-2006, 07:21 AM
THERE IS NOTHING i DO NOT LIKE ABOUT IT EITHER,

i AM JUST AN odd build and needed to make a change.

25% sounds about right on the gas savings for the EFI. When I went in to buy mine I was going to get a new 66" 28 EFI super but the owner of the store talked me out of it, I saved 1800$ buy buying a 100 HOUR demo. I wanted a 66 EFI but the demo had all new tires and was completely gone through by the machanic better than a new one so I decided to save 1800$ for now but at todays fuel prices I may have been better off doing the 66.

Listen to this my dealer is the biggest in the south according to him and I believe he gets special deals from Hustler, They had a big blow out in March 2006 and were selling brand new 66 EFI Supers for 7899$ can you believe it? My friend bought a new 60 Super 25 Kawie with flex forks for 7499+tax. I mean what a deal, if I would have known I would have for sure bought a 66 EFI!

REALSLOW
07-03-2006, 07:28 AM
What about the odd deck belt can you go after market, it sure is long!

TLS
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
What about the odd deck belt can you go after market, it sure is long!

I've never been happy with aftermarket belts. Just not worth the few bucks savings when your going 500+(sometimes more!) hrs at least between belt changes.